First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone have an fx4 that can take some up close shots of the tow hooks? I'm trying to figure out if you can see the two bolts that mount it to the front end from the cut out in the bumper or if you have to actually remove it to access the bolts
Sponsored

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone have an fx4 that can take some up close shots of the tow hooks? I'm trying to figure out if you can see the two bolts that mount it to the front end from the cut out in the bumper or if you have to actually remove it to access the bolts
I'll do you one better, here's a video of a guy pulling the tow hooks off a FX4 to try and put them on a XLT... Spoiler alert.

it's not possible to mount them on the XLT or XL, The FX4 has a special piece welded on the body to bolt the hooks too.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

what a cool video….. he must not charge by the hour, must charge by the job. My guess if the dealer was to quote that they would charge four hours😆😆😆

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do love how Mr. Boom borrowed a Maverick from a dealer and disassembled it without asking.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do love how Mr. Boom borrowed a Maverick from a dealer and disassembled it without asking.
Did you watch the whole video?
Check Tony at the 9:20 mark.
I got the impression he asked.

Sponsored

atomguy245

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Bolt EUV, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do love how people don't actually watch and comprehend videos and talk out their rear exhaust instead.
In the comments for that video this comment was made:

@ MrBoom_5.0" understood, and I wish you all the luck in the world with your new business. I thought I heard you say that the dealer didn’t know you were going to disassemble the truck. If you didn’t tell them then you’re not being upfront. It’s just not the right thing for a business to do Mr. boom… Sorry. I’ve been in business 42 years myself and I wouldn’t consider doing something like that. To each their own I guess but maybe you should discuss it with Covert Ford **unless they’ve already seen your video Hah Hah Hah 😂😂.

To which Mr Boom replies:

@Macsterguy: I said I was going to see if the tow hooks would work. I didn't go into detail as I wasn't asked any other questions.

So I read that to mean that Mr Boom did not specifically say "I am borrowing this truck to disassemble it for a video."

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do believe that he had not only asked but the first one he bought was one someone had ordered and refused or was a dealer stock that showed up and his salesman told him it was available so he bought that one so he could learn how to work on it and to get things ready for his business and then when the second one came in he did the video about the tow hook and determined adding tow hooks to mavericks was not an option that could be performed quickly along with what mods he would have to do and what $$ he would ask to do it. We can only guess what the deal was but he did introduce his salesman and displayed the salesman's card on his utube. Perhaps that is one of the few salesmen that can let you test drive his personal maverick? We can only guess!
Sponsored