First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick has a Gremlin, Touch screen froze up this morning. Any suggestions how to correct. I shut down truck and restarted but did not work. Thanks for any help!!
Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I saw an earlier thread where somebody talked about a soft reset for it. I thought it was going to happen to me when I was plugging in my phone. It seemed like it was unsure what to do so it froze up.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I saw an earlier thread where somebody talked about a soft reset for it. I thought it was going to happen to me when I was plugging in my phone. It seemed like it was unsure what to do so it froze up.
Was there a TSB put out for this issue? Maybe a firmware update?

I do not have a Mav yet so I have been reading the threads.

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had this issue with the SYNC3 in my Transit Connect - found the following, and it worked to reset. I used the SOFT reset procedure.

Types of Reset:
  • Soft Reset - Resets the module with no loss of settings or data - provides a graceful shutdown and restart.
  • Hard Reset - Resets the module with no loss of settings or data - provides an abrupt shutdown and restart.
  • Master Reset - Resets the module back to factory defaults. All personal data and settings are lost. This will require bluetooth pairings, saved addresses and repairing with FordPass (if equipped).
To perform a Soft Reset:
  1. Press and hold the Seek Up (>>|) button while pressing and holding the Radio Power button.
  2. After approximately 5 seconds the screen will go black, release the buttons.
  3. Allow some time for the system reset to complete.
To perform a Hard Reset:
  1. With the ignition OFF, disconnect the power to the SYNC module buy either disconnecting the vehicle battery or the large 54 pin connector at the back of the module.
  2. Reconnect the power after 30 seconds.
  3. Turn the ignition on and wait for the system to boot.
To perform a Master Reset:
  1. Press Settings in the Feature bar at the bottom of the screen.
  2. Press the General icon (you may have to swipe to the next screen).
  3. Press the Scroll bar or swipe vertically until you see Master Reset. Press Master Reset.
  4. A message confirming that all system settings will be erased and reset to factory defaults will appear. Press Continue.
  5. A “Resetting to factory defaults” message will appear, the system will turn off and the screen will go blank. It may take a few minutes for the system to reset and resume normal operation.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had this issue with the SYNC3 in my Transit Connect - found the following, and it worked to reset. I used the SOFT reset procedure.

Types of Reset:
  • Soft Reset - Resets the module with no loss of settings or data - provides a graceful shutdown and restart.
  • Hard Reset - Resets the module with no loss of settings or data - provides an abrupt shutdown and restart.
  • Master Reset - Resets the module back to factory defaults. All personal data and settings are lost. This will require bluetooth pairings, saved addresses and repairing with FordPass (if equipped).
To perform a Soft Reset:
  1. Press and hold the Seek Up (>>|) button while pressing and holding the Radio Power button.
To perform a Hard Reset:
  1. With the ignition OFF, disconnect the power to the SYNC module buy either disconnecting the vehicle battery or the large 54 pin connector at the back of the module.
  3. Press the Scroll bar or swipe vertically until you see Master Reset. Press Master Reset.
  4. A message confirming that all system settings will be erased and reset to factory defaults will appear. Press Continue.
  5. A “Resetting to factory defaults” message will appear, the system will turn off and the screen will go blank. It may take a few minutes for the system to reset and resume normal operation.
Nice info.

Sponsored

Arukoru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze

Types of Reset:
To perform a Soft Reset:
To perform a Hard Reset:
Can this not be done by just removing a fuse or two?

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The SOFT reset worked for me - no need to disconnect the power. I cannot vouch for the other two reset methods, but I would assume that any way of disconnecting the power to the SYNC3 unit would work.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Afte you reset it make sure you have the latest firmware downloaded for Sync 3.

newmaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ranger
My Maverick has a Gremlin, Touch screen froze up this morning. Any suggestions how to correct. I shut down truck and restarted but did not work. Thanks for any help!!
This happened to me, the soft reset worked. It hasn't happened to me again.

I was told by the dealer that they expect an update to coming in January.

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This happened to me, the soft reset worked. It hasn't happened to me again.

I was told by the dealer that they expect an update to coming in January.
Is that the one to fix the radio issue?

Sponsored