Took things into my own hands….got a weird answer

Garyoj91

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
My truck has been at the final ramp, (Ramp 4F) at a rail yard in Dixiana, SC for over 5 weeks. I haven’t been able to get any response from Ford or my dealer on why this has happened.

I know I probably shouldn’t have done this, but I took it upon myself to call the automotive transport company that will most likely be transporting my truck to the dealership, and may have misrepresented myself.

I gave the lady my VIN, and she told me it’s on a “stop-ship” and they can’t schedule a convoy until it’s off. But what was weird, was after some poking around with questions, she told me that she said every Maverick that is at that rail yard, is also on a stop-ship.

It could be nothing, but I thought it was very strange that all the Mavericks at that rail yard are currently on a hold. Could that mean they were damaged in transport? The recent recall? Future recall? Or something else?
Sponsored

Last edited:

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Mav in transit is headed to this same yard, Dixiana. I doubt there is any hold up due to vehicle damage as I think this yard handles a lot of mavericks; they cannot all be damaged. I was starting to believe it was only hybrids that were being held up for some sort of future repair/recall, but your conversation indicates it is all mavericks including EBs. Would be good to know if it is only hybrids being held up. My EB comes thru there and is supposed to be delivered on or about 8 August. Anybody who has an EB delivered thru this yard experiencing similar holdups. How about at other destination yards??

May have misrepresented yourself???? :D

Last edited:

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My truck has been at the final ramp, at a rail yard in Dixiana, for over 5 weeks. I haven’t been able to get any response from Ford or my dealer on why this has happened.

I know I probably shouldn’t have done this, but I took it upon myself to call the automotive transport company that will most likely be transporting my truck to the dealership, and may have misrepresented myself.

I gave the lady my VIN, and she told me it’s on a “stop-ship” and they can’t schedule a convoy until it’s off. But what was weird, was after some poking around with questions, she told me that she said every Maverick that is at that rail yard, is also on a stop-ship.

It could be nothing, but I thought it was very strange that all the Mavericks at that rail yard are currently on a hold. Could that mean they were damaged in transport? The recent recall? Future recall? Or something else?
Looks like you have a hybrid so the fire recall from uncontained engine failures would be the reason for the stop ship

NNJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
My truck has been at the final ramp, at a rail yard in Dixiana, for over 5 weeks. I haven’t been able to get any response from Ford or my dealer on why this has happened.

I’m in the same boat. Sitting in rail yard gong on one month. My guess is the recall.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Garyoj91

Garyoj91

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Looks like you have a hybrid so the fire recall from uncontained engine failures would be the reason for the stop ship
Yeah I thought about that. Definitely could be it. Makes sense. However, I read somewhere that they would be fixed at the dealership, so I didn’t know / wasn’t sure if that would prevent it from convoyed to the dealership.

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah I thought about that. However, I read somewhere that they would be fixed at the dealership, so I didn’t know / wasn’t sure if that would prevent it from convoyed to the dealership.
Generally a stop ship is issued for recalls it was for the early punctured gas tanks from SIBL contractor and for the incorrect seatbelt anchor tapping's. They may be holding until actual solution is found not the stop gap up pulling shutters and drilling holes. They are likely still trying to figure out if certain ranges will need an engine recall also for the manufacturing issue.

brdl04

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine has been stuck at the Michigan Assembly plant for 3 weeks. Though other mavericks are being delivered to dealerships in the Metro Detroit area, both hybrid and EB

Frandy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fran
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fpdphotos.me
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick hybrid: Hot Pepper Red
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My hybrid Maverick is in transit and subject to the recall. However, I spoke with my dealer today and was told that when it comes in, the dealership will prep AND do the recall fix. Just posting this because it seems to contradict the idea of holding back the Mavs.

OP
OP
Garyoj91

Garyoj91

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Mine has been stuck at the Michigan Assembly plant for 3 weeks. Though other mavericks are being delivered to dealerships in the Metro Detroit area, both hybrid and EB
Yeah I’m most confused about the variance in it all. I see people on here receiving their hybrid Mavericks, and others on hold. Beats me as to the process behind what’s going on or the real cause. Recall makes sense, but wondering why it’s not impacting / holding up everyone’s hybrid, if that’s the case. Driver shortage makes sense, but it’s not on a convoy hold. Very confusing haha

Last edited:
Sponsored

brdl04

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah I’m most confused about the variance in it all. I see people on here receiving their hybrid Mavericks, and others on hold. Beats me as to the process behind what’s going on or the real cause. Recall makes sense, but wondering why it’s not impacting them all, if that’s the case. Driver shortage makes sense, but it’s not on a convoy hold. Very confusing haha
i think the real answer is timing of when bronco sports and mavericks can be combined on carriers to be delivered. There is a parking lot full of both at the Wayne assembly plant waiting for carriers. If there is only so many drivers, so many hours in a day and can carry 6 cars at a time, you can see how it might take weeks to deliver.

OP
OP
Garyoj91

Garyoj91

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
My Mav in transit is headed to this same yard, Dixiana. I doubt there is any hold up due to vehicle damage as I think this yard handles a lot of mavericks; they cannot all be damaged. I was starting to believe it was only hybrids that were being held up for some sort of future repair/recall, but your conversation indicates it is all mavericks including EBs. Would be good to know if it is only hybrids being held up. My EB comes thru there and is supposed to be delivered on or about 8 August. Anybody who has an EB delivered thru this yard experiencing similar holdups. How about at other destination yards??

May have misrepresented yourself???? :D
Sometimes you have to do what ya gotta do 😆 in all seriousness I shouldn’t have, but I really have got no help besides this forum and asking Tim on his livestreams.

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If Mavericks are being held up at this destination point for a fire recall, why did the lady say ALL mavericks were in a stop-ship status. Fire recall/fix is not required on EBs. Always a chance of miscommunication and it is only hybrids with the stop-ship status....... Could be just getting a full load to a final convoy destination. Only the delivery Gods know!!! :unsure:

OP
OP
Garyoj91

Garyoj91

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
If Mavericks are being held up at this destination point for a fire recall, why did the lady say all mavericks were in a stop-ship status. Fire recall/fix is not required on EBs. Always a chance of miscommunication and it is only hybrids with the stop-ship status.......
She did say all Mavericks. However, she may have meant all Mavericks sitting there, for the dealership I was calling in regards too. If this is the case, they may all have been hybrids. Good call-out.
Sponsored