Sponsored

Took off constraints, priority code got reset

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
On the last week of April I took off the luxury package and co pilot to get my build date sooner like Ford said to do. I added a couple things back on that weren’t constrained. I called Ford today and they said my priority code was high, and that I reset my order by changing it. I ordered on July 31st, 2021 and I really hope I didn’t just push myself back for trying to speed up my order.
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your priority code is 100% set by the dealer (as long as it is between 10-19) and can be adjusted any time they want. Feel free to call your dealer and ask them to change it to a 10.

If it is a 2 (which I doubt since Ford told you it was " high"), then that is not controlled by the dealer and would indicate your order is being looked at closely by the schedulers for potential scheduling soon.

Now.....if what they actually said was that your ORDER DATE changed, that is possible depending on what all you added or changed. If you changed the "body code" of the truck, then the order date updates to be the last and final day that orders were accepted for the hybrid or the EcoBoost. Not sure which you ordered.

XLTLUXCG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia - soon to be XLT Maverick
On the last week of April I took off the luxury package and co pilot to get my build date sooner like Ford said to do. I added a couple things back on that weren’t constrained. I called Ford today and they said my priority code was high, and that I reset my order by changing it. I ordered on July 31st, 2021 and I really hope I didn’t just push myself back for trying to speed up my order.
Ask your dealer to send you the vehicle visibility report. It has the order date on it and they can see if it changed!

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you had been a priority code 02, that would have had to have been changed back to 10-19 by the dealer in order to make changes to the order. It can't be changed as an 02. And the dealer can only make it go as low as 10. (I had to do that for my own Maverick last fall).

Dealership may be able to request it moved back to 02?

Priority codes don't matter as much as most people think..... you are still better off removing the constrained options!

What did you add? Adding options that could be added later (like mud flaps or tonneau cover) still could delay your build.

Reactions: TCK

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered cactus grey XLT LUX (without 360) plus I ordered locking lug nuts, tail gate theft retention, carpet less floor mats, splash guards, maybe something else not sure. Ordered 8/27/2021, assigned vin # on 4/28/2022, assigned build date 6/27/2022 on 5/10/2022 sales lady texted and said I had build date. Never changed or inquired anything EXCEPT on 10/26/2021 I got antsy and ordered an XLT (NO 360 NO LUX) plus 4 pin receiver, and do not have vin or build date yet on it. (Yes my kids are calling more frequently just to chat but they never talk about Ford mavericks🤔🤗). EARLY ON I elected to not add or delete anything due to not knowing how some programmer handled the modification of a line in the spread sheet. I would assume that the order date would stay the same but would it maintain the same position in relation to all the ones ordered on that day or perhaps move to the lowest position for that days orders. (Who knows? and it probably doesn't matter).

Sponsored

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Same thing happened to me. Call ford CS and complain, tell them you want the regional rep to set your priority set back to a 2. They might tell you only the dealer can do that but it doesn't hurt to squeak a little to get some grease. If they say no, go full Karen and ask to speak to a supervisor. Tell them you feel like they are punishing you for dropping the packages and you just want your truck ASAP and ask to talk to the regional. They will tell you that you can't (and you can't) but tell them to open a case an ask for a case # to be assigned. They will email you the case number. Check back in a week and I bet the priority gets reset.

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I remember correctly you can take something off your order ( like constraint lux or 360) and it won't reset your order date.. But I thought if you added anything( which you couldn't add anything constrained) but say u added a full size spare.. That it reset ur order date to the back of the line as in Jan 27thr..

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered cactus grey XLT LUX (without 360) plus I ordered locking lug nuts, tail gate theft retention, carpet less floor mats, splash guards, maybe something else not sure. Ordered 8/27/2021, assigned vin # on 4/28/2022, assigned build date 6/27/2022 on 5/10/2022 sales lady texted and said I had build date. Never changed or inquired anything EXCEPT on 10/26/2021 I got antsy and ordered an XLT (NO 360 NO LUX) plus 4 pin receiver, and do not have vin or build date yet on it. (Yes my kids are calling more frequently just to chat but they never talk about Ford mavericks🤔🤗). EARLY ON I elected to not add or delete anything due to not knowing how some programmer handled the modification of a line in the spread sheet. I would assume that the order date would stay the same but would it maintain the same position in relation to all the ones ordered on that day or perhaps move to the lowest position for that days orders. (Who knows? and it probably doesn't matter).
The order date shouldn't be affected by minor changes. Changing btw Hybrid and EcoBoost (impossible since they closed hybrid orders obviously) and/or trim level would certainly change the order date. But paint color and other "minor" options can be changed before the Maverick is scheduled and you will retain the original order date.

I ordered mine June 9th 2021. In September I dropped the constrained tonneau cover to try and get it built faster. My Maverick arrived at the dealership last week. My incentive protection date was still the original order date. So that minor change did not change the order date.

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The order date shouldn't be affected by minor changes. Changing btw Hybrid and EcoBoost (impossible since they closed hybrid orders obviously) and/or trim level would certainly change the order date. But paint color and other "minor" options can be changed before the Maverick is scheduled and you will retain the original order date.

I ordered mine June 9th 2021. In September I dropped the constrained tonneau cover to try and get it built faster. My Maverick arrived at the dealership last week. My incentive protection date was still the original order date. So that minor change did not change the order date.

Here's a memo we got from our Ford Rep about it:

Order Amendments that will not change a Receipt Date:​
- Removing Packages & Standalone Options​
- For example - Spray In-Bedliner, Tonneau Cover, & Luxury Package(s)​
- Anything that does not drive a Body Code or PEP Code/Equipment Group change​

Thus, only changes to "body code" (like W8E to W8F for changing FWD to AWD Maverick) or "equipment group" (like 100A XL to 300A XLT) should change your order date.

OP
OP
dvibs07

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Here's a memo we got from our Ford Rep about it:

Order Amendments that will not change a Receipt Date:​
- Removing Packages & Standalone Options​
- For example - Spray In-Bedliner, Tonneau Cover, & Luxury Package(s)​
- Anything that does not drive a Body Code or PEP Code/Equipment Group change​

Thus, only changes to "body code" (like W8E to W8F for changing FWD to AWD Maverick) or "equipment group" (like 100A XL to 300A XLT) should change your order date.
So I took off the luxury package, but added the 300A…did that reset it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
dvibs07

dvibs07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
If you had been a priority code 02, that would have had to have been changed back to 10-19 by the dealer in order to make changes to the order. It can't be changed as an 02. And the dealer can only make it go as low as 10. (I had to do that for my own Maverick last fall).

Dealership may be able to request it moved back to 02?

Priority codes don't matter as much as most people think..... you are still better off removing the constrained options!

What did you add? Adding options that could be added later (like mud flaps or tonneau cover) still could delay your build.
I added 300A, manual rear window, full size spare, and trailer hitch

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If I remember correctly you can take something off your order ( like constraint lux or 360) and it won't reset your order date.. But I thought if you added anything( which you couldn't add anything constrained) but say u added a full size spare.. That it reset ur order date to the back of the line as in Jan 27thr..
Yes the order date could remain the same and I would hope that it also kept it's precision ( like year/month/day/hour/minute/second). If precision is only y/m/d and their are 500 orders with that precision depending on things done would the order of subsequent fetches allow records to "float" within that group and could that affect the selection process. One unlikely possibility but possible is that while your changes were being done your record was put on "lock for update" and occurred while records were being fetched for build selection so that record would be unavailable for that fetch until the "lock for update" was removed. I would expect that the selection routine would request a lock for all records on that date which would wait for the existing lock to be removed before locking all records for that day. 🤷

KevCuRaoi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I took off the luxury package, but added the 300A…did that reset it?

You should be good. All of the XLTs are 300A (with or without the Lux, Hybrid or Eco, FWD or AWD). So as long as you started and ended with an XLT you should have the same order date!

Some of the window stickers /invoiced are confusing how they present the 300A for the Maverick, but it simply means XLT.

Gottahavmav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang 5.0 6 spd.,mx-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an Ecoboost fwd w/trailer hitch on order since January and was considering adding a moon roof. Does anyone have idea if this would cause further delay, if anyone had done this. Thanks! I haven't called dealer or Ford to inquire.
Sponsored