Sponsored

Took delivery yesterday and Maverick exceeds my expectations. Seeking trade for my blindside mirrors

OP
OP
Taildragger

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick AWD, Jeep Deserthawk
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. XLT w/ Luxury Package and no CP360. I was trying to figure out what the part number of those would be in consideration of doing a similar swap, but the Ford parts site doesn't like to give out complete numbers.
I don't think that works because that's exactly what I have, but you get the blindspot mirrors specifically because you don't have CP360.
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't think that works because that's exactly what I have, but you get the blindspot mirrors specifically because you don't have CP360.
I interpreted it as that ShadowChas was asking what configuration had heated mirrors w/ spotters (so what you have). You'd be looking to trade with someone who has an XLT w/ Lux & CP360 or Lariat w/ Lux. Possibly even a Bronco Sport Badlands or higher trim.

OP
OP
Taildragger

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I interpreted it as that ShadowChas was asking what configuration had heated mirrors w/ spotters (so what you have). You'd be looking to trade with someone who has an XLT w/ Lux & CP360 or Lariat w/ Lux. Possibly even a Bronco Sport Badlands or higher trim.
But as mentioned by someone earlier, if someone traded with me like that, they'd lose the BLIS indicator light in the mirror because mine don't have that.

I'm not sure there's a combination that actually works for this, so I might just have to lose heated mirrors to get what I want, and I can live with that.

David Chaffin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Took delivery yesterday of this CG XLT AWD with 4K Tow and spray-in bedliner, and I love it(!)... just a few minor gripes, but in almost all ways, the Mav exceeds my expectations.

Maverick 1.30.22.jpg
One of the gripes is the side mirrors. While I understand that most people like the additional small blindspot mirror, I hate them. We had a 2014 Escape (2.0 EB) with them and I hated them then, and I still do.

Side Mirror.jpg
I just learned that some Mavericks come with just the simple full mirror, and I'm looking for someone who wants to do an even trade on just the glass part of the mirrors, BUT I NEED HEATED MIRRORS. Please message me if interested.

I found this Maverick thru a ford.com inventory search in early December, with a build date of 12-10-21 (I think) - it was headed to a dealer in Michigan as a stock order. I put $500 down on 12-14-21, and it arrived at the dealer about 1-26-22. I took delivery on 1-29-22, yesterday. #happycamper
Funny, but I have a build date of 12/6, still not delivered.

OP
OP
Taildragger

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Funny, but I have a build date of 12/6, still not delivered.
Well hopefully that means you'll be getting it very soon. I'm sure there are variables in delivery. Plus, I may be reading my build date wrong... my window sticker (advance, or the one actually on the truck) didn't seem to have numbers like the ones explaining build date. My door pillar does say 12/21 tho, so that does seem to verify at least sometime in December.

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I learned years ago to lean forward and use the entire mirror area to scan for traffic around me, but the blindspot mirror is in the way for me to do that. I believe my method is more effective, and most of all, it's a habit I've had for 40+ years of driving, so changing now isn't very likely. And to me it's not trivial since it's causing me to be less certain that the lane next to me is clear.
I completely get your reasoning and I didn't mean to imply that it was a trivial matter. Apologies. Here's a thought ... why not purchase a small convex mirror that will fit in that corner, thus covering up the blind spot notification and saving you the trouble of searching for and swapping out mirrors?

OP
OP
Taildragger

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I completely get your reasoning and I didn't mean to imply that it was a trivial matter. Apologies. Here's a thought ... why not purchase a small convex mirror that will fit in that corner, thus covering up the blind spot notification and saving you the trouble of searching for and swapping out mirrors?
No worries... apology not necessary, but accepted : )

I actually like the chase-n-challenge of solutions to problems, so it's all good. And I'm currently making the trade with some unheated mirrors, so hopefully it'll all be sorted (enough anyway) before long.

Reactions: Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No worries... apology not necessary, but accepted : )

I actually like the chase-n-challenge of solutions to problems, so it's all good. And I'm currently making the trade with some unheated mirrors, so hopefully it'll all be sorted (enough anyway) before long.
Good hunting, then, and best of luck.

baldboy

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Took delivery yesterday of this CG XLT AWD with 4K Tow and spray-in bedliner, and I love it(!)... just a few minor gripes, but in almost all ways, the Mav exceeds my expectations.

Maverick 1.30.22.jpg
One of the gripes is the side mirrors. While I understand that most people like the additional small blindspot mirror, I hate them. We had a 2014 Escape (2.0 EB) with them and I hated them then, and I still do.

Side Mirror.jpg
I just learned that some Mavericks come with just the simple full mirror, and I'm looking for someone who wants to do an even trade on just the glass part of the mirrors, BUT I NEED HEATED MIRRORS. Please message me if interested.

I found this Maverick thru a ford.com inventory search in early December, with a build date of 12-10-21 (I think) - it was headed to a dealer in Michigan as a stock order. I put $500 down on 12-14-21, and it arrived at the dealer about 1-26-22. I took delivery on 1-29-22, yesterday. #happycamper
man what a awsome truck i love the color."COOL"

Rotortech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Malibu, 2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Just wanted to jump in here: XLT Hybrid in Cactus Grey and Co-Pilot 360 ordered on June 23 and delivered by the dealer on 1/11/2022. This truck exceeds my expectations. I ordered some plain Weathertech front mats and got the rubber bed mat from my Ford Dealer parts dept (ordered and it only took 5 days to get it). I have taken this on some short trips and I drive it daily. I have a bit over 700 miles on it.

Some things Iearned -
1. The storage well under the driver's side rear seat is much deeper than I expected. I put a soft tool bag in there with jumper cables, tow strap, gloves, blanket, flashlight, etc.
2. Then I easily put an air rifle in a soft case behind the rear seat. This is a full size rifle so any shotgun or rifle will fit there in a soft case. It is secure and not bouncing around.
3. I found a good use for that silly cubby hole just to the right of the flat display on the dash. It has a rubber mat that you can lift out. I clipped my garage door opener to the forward edge of the rubber mat and tucked it back in there. The opener is out of sight but within easy reach when I need it. (That hole isn't good for anything else that I can see.)

Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wanted to jump in here: XLT Hybrid in Cactus Grey and Co-Pilot 360 ordered on June 23 and delivered by the dealer on 1/11/2022. This truck exceeds my expectations. I ordered some plain Weathertech front mats and got the rubber bed mat from my Ford Dealer parts dept (ordered and it only took 5 days to get it). I have taken this on some short trips and I drive it daily. I have a bit over 700 miles on it.

Some things Iearned -
1. The storage well under the driver's side rear seat is much deeper than I expected. I put a soft tool bag in there with jumper cables, tow strap, gloves, blanket, flashlight, etc.
2. Then I easily put an air rifle in a soft case behind the rear seat. This is a full size rifle so any shotgun or rifle will fit there in a soft case. It is secure and not bouncing around.
3. I found a good use for that silly cubby hole just to the right of the flat display on the dash. It has a rubber mat that you can lift out. I clipped my garage door opener to the forward edge of the rubber mat and tucked it back in there. The opener is out of sight but within easy reach when I need it. (That hole isn't good for anything else that I can see.)
Great idea for the cubby hole. You probably have the 2.0 liter. The hybrid's battery is located under the rear seat and takes up almost half the space.
The Maverick is one heck of a truck ... exceeded my expectations as well. My wife is the one who convinced me get one over a mid-size Chevy. That's why I married her!

Rotortech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dad - I have the hybrid. Yes, the battery on the passenger side takes up most of the room under the rear seat on that side. Loving this vehicle.

OP
OP
Taildragger

Taildragger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Martt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Some things Iearned -
Glad to hear your expectations were also exceeded : )

I'm guessing your fuel mileage with the hybrid is great, and that's cool, but I'll have to say the the 2.0 Ecoboost in Sport Mode is amazing! But I'll have to limit my time spent there to keep from having to stop at the gast station too often! So much fun tho.

The Maverick is just an amazing little truck.

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad to hear your expectations were also exceeded : )

I'm guessing your fuel mileage with the hybrid is great, and that's cool, but I'll have to say the the 2.0 Ecoboost in Sport Mode is amazing! But I'll have to limit my time spent there to keep from having to stop at the gast station too often! So much fun tho.

The Maverick is just an amazing little truck.
Could not agree more. FYI, the hybrid has a Sport Mode, too. I haven't tried it out yet, as I'm still breaking in the truck, but from what I hear it's almost as much fun as the Eco.

Rotortech

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Dad - I use Normal mode all the time. The truck accelerates just fine for merging on the interstate or passing. The Sport mode works great.
Sponsored