First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Installed the TMS bed crossbars this weekend. They went into the Tuxedo TS Rail t slots. Not as high as the Elevate rack. I may fab up some risers to clear the roof line.

I like that they are high enough to see under. Also my soft roll up will roll under the rails. I could adjust them lower which will get the load out of the wind more. But I don't want the entire back window blocked.

I cut a foot off the bars as they were very long. Just used a sawzall. Had to drill a new 1/4" hole for the cap screw. Overall that part was pretty easy.

Instructions are little better than not there, but it isn't hard to figure out. The T Slot bolts they gave were worthless, so I used the ones that came with the mounting tie downs of the TS Rails. Had to get a new nut as the ones that came with the TS Rails had caps. I put on threaded knobs with a lock washer so if I need to take off quickly I can. Gonna see if they loosen just driving around before input a load on it. If concerning I have some nuts with nylon insets to swap in.

Plan on using a cargo basket on the rails. Coolers, camp chairs, rods, wet gear, etc in there. Luggage and other more dry items under the cover. Camping trip next week with the kid for spring break, looking forward to testing out.

Ford Maverick TMS bed crossbars 20230306_075440
Ford Maverick TMS bed crossbars 20230306_075435
Sponsored

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Put the basket on tonight in case anyone is interested. Getting ready to hit the road Sunday.
Ford Maverick TMS bed crossbars 20230310_180201
Ford Maverick TMS bed crossbars 20230310_180133

LongLivePeart2112

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Davis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NICE!!

Jimi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XlT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That’s a nice setup you have.

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s a nice setup you have.
Road trip with the setup worked out exactly as I hoped. Haven't seen anyone else post having used them, but it's a solid cheap option vs the other $800+ setups out there.

Sponsored

Clive

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Installed the TMS bed crossbars this weekend. They went into the Tuxedo TS Rail t slots. Not as high as the Elevate rack. I may fab up some risers to clear the roof line.

I like that they are high enough to see under. Also my soft roll up will roll under the rails. I could adjust them lower which will get the load out of the wind more. But I don't want the entire back window blocked.

I cut a foot off the bars as they were very long. Just used a sawzall. Had to drill a new 1/4" hole for the cap screw. Overall that part was pretty easy.

Instructions are little better than not there, but it isn't hard to figure out. The T Slot bolts they gave were worthless, so I used the ones that came with the mounting tie downs of the TS Rails. Had to get a new nut as the ones that came with the TS Rails had caps. I put on threaded knobs with a lock washer so if I need to take off quickly I can. Gonna see if they loosen just driving around before input a load on it. If concerning I have some nuts with nylon insets to swap in.

Plan on using a cargo basket on the rails. Coolers, camp chairs, rods, wet gear, etc in there. Luggage and other more dry items under the cover. Camping trip next week with the kid for spring break, looking forward to testing out.

20230306_075440.jpg
20230306_075435.jpg
Looks great. Where did you get these crossbars?

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As an update, loaded up kayaks for a few hours ok the water with my son. Bara worked great for that.
Ford Maverick TMS bed crossbars 20230401_150604

Dandy Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

20230306_075440.jpg
20230306_075435.jpg
Hey GTE, where did you pick up those knobs? Is that just a hardware store trip?

OP
OP
gte105u

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey GTE, where did you pick up those knobs? Is that just a hardware store trip?
Sorry just saw this. Yeah from Amazon. Made sure they had the same threading as the bolt. Setup works great
Sponsored