First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, 2021 Toyota Venza
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All right, what follows is a has been patient Ford customer, who has had it with Fords communication. This complaint is in regards to shipping, not the vehicle itself. I'm still waiting to get my order, which was in Oct 2021. Can't complain about a vehicle I'm still waiting for. Certainly hope it is worth the wait. This rant concerns shipping and Fords lack of communication. So here I go on my little rant.

I call Ford Customer Service (FCS) every once in awhile and also my dealer weekly. I also view the Ford Customer Order Status page daily. Last update for this page was Feb 14th. That page shows my Maverick was built January 30th and NO shipping info.

Both FCS and my dealer advised me my vehicle was built January 12th and 14th. With that information, I just assume the vehicle went into production on the 12th and “built” (completed) on the 14th. I will go with this information and disregard the 30th of January, as provided by the Ford Customer Order Status page. What is interesting, on the Ford Status page there is a statement that says the following: "Your vehicle has been built and we are arranging shipment to your dealer. This step could take a few days to a week.” Even if I went with the built date of the 30th of January, then that would make the ETA around February 6th. So considering my vehicle was actually built Jan 14th, then ETA should have been around January 21st. It hasn't even left the factory yet!

I was given an ETA earlier from my dealer of Feb 15th. FCS told me Feb 19th on Monday Feb 13th. Todays call (2/16) to FCS they now advise me ETA March 16th and that my Maverick is still sitting at the factory, what my dealer also told me.

I have been reading of individuals on this forum that placed their orders in Sept 22 and are starting to receive their orders now. True, many if not all of those Sept orders are ICE and not hybrid. The point I’m trying to bring out is that their vehicles get produced and SHIPPED pretty quickly. So I have information that my vehicle was built Jan 14th and remains at the factory, pending shipping. Going with the ETA date of March 16 provided today from FCS, means a two (2) MONTH shipping period. That is totally unacceptable!

If by chance Ford discovered a problem with the vehicle during the final check or has learned of issues that need to be addressed before shipping, then by all means let FCS and the dealership know and letting the customer know would also be nice. I can deal with that a least. I wouldn’t be happy about it but certainly knowing what the hold up is would help me be somewhat understanding. So here I sit now at 496 days since my original order and all I have to go on is knowing that my Maverick is “built” and is sitting in the Mexican desert pending shipping.

Surely there has to be someone at Ford that can be contacted to find out what is going on? Am I the only one in this situation? My dealer has received and delivered many Mavericks to date. What's the hold up on my shipping? March 16th for an ETA is unacceptable! OK, I'm finished venting. I do feel a tiny bit better letting out some steam. I will now move my vote in the "time to receive" poll from the 400 club over into the 500 club. â˜č
Sponsored

Ford Truck Guy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I will now move my vote in the "time to receive" poll from the 400 club over into the 500 club. â˜č
I guess that's better than the "never" club.

It sucks, I know, but what are you going to do? You've been on here long enough to know that this is how it goes for some. Doesn't make it right but may make it easier to swallow knowing you're not the only one. Be happy you're getting real close. :)

BradnChristine

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU; 2019 MX-5; 2023 & 2024 Mavericks
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are many of us who had their trucks actually built in the 1/10/23-1/18/23 period who have seen their trucks stay at the factory, and not listed as "Built" for 3 weeks, while some marched along.

I know the extra body/mod work was done on 1/12/23, and my modules were populated and even the Sync3 on my Lariat Lux was completed on 1/12/23...yet I was not officially "Built" until 2/4/23.

Ford's tracking involves ridiculous lack of updating. What is worse, the day before mine shipped, all the checks disappeared and it went back to only "Order Confirmed" having a checkbox (on 2/9/23). The next morning, all checks were back and it was marked as shipped 2/10/23. The design of the tracking database is terrible, confusing, frustrating and inaccurate...to be kind. I think I will see the truck around the 480 day mark.

JBryant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid Alto Blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This is horrible and there is no way you should have to go thru such crap. I think Ford needs to hire a top notched communications director and let people know what is going on. My favorite thing to do these days is to figure out what FORD means. In your case it is Forget Our Recent Declarations.

OP
OP
CZaugg

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I guess that's better than the "never" club.

It sucks, I know, but what are you going to do? You've been on here long enough to know that this is how it goes for some. Doesn't make it right but may make it easier to swallow knowing you're not the only one. Be happy you're getting real close. :)
Yes you are right. I appreciate your kind words. I knew I would feel better after venting and your words brought me back to a more optimistic attitude. You are so right, thanks.

Sponsored

Derek's Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I bet the second we all stop buying fords, that's the second they start "caring" about customer service and communication. Since that won't happen its business as usual. You don't have to stress about this anymore. None of us do. I'm close to 500 days and I'm not even scheduled yet. No more stressing for me. I've moved on. I have found my next vehicle and I'm excited. Once my Maverick finally gets built (guessing around month 20+) I'm selling it. No way I'm letting the dealer, who hasn't reached out once, have it. Good luck tho.

Padre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Fr. Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT w/ Lux, CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was built Jan 10. Has been awaiting shipment for five weeks since then. Absolutely sucks.

OP
OP
CZaugg

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mine was built Jan 10. Has been awaiting shipment for five weeks since then. Absolutely sucks.
What!!!! đŸ˜± You're kidding me. Unbelievable. I guess I better suck it up and stop my whining. â˜č Oh well, 496 days I have been hanging in there. What's another 30 . . . 60 . . . or 90 days.

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When you see user names from when you first joined almost year and a half ago still waiting for trucks, it’s definitely a bad sign. Especially when you remember those names being around classic threads like the doofus freaking out at Ford because surface rust existed on a suspension component lol.

I don’t have really any good advice because even after talking to a dealer salesman that was honest and informed about allocation systems, how it’s managed sounds like a math algorithm only John Nash could understand.

Anyway Godspeed and I hope your luck turns around someday friend with your truck showing up so you can enjoy that nice ride home in it soon! Hopefully Ford hears your complaints and gets back on track!

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At least they haven't stopped production and sent everyone home like the Lightning plant while they re-evaluate from a battery fire. Hope that doesn't turn into the next chevy bolt for ford. It's still absurd that they still have orders as old as they are but newer MY23 being delivered, Stevie Wonder could See their system is a cluster

Sponsored
OP
OP
CZaugg

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When you see user names from when you first joined almost year and a half ago still waiting for trucks, it’s definitely a bad sign. Especially when you remember those names being around classic threads like the doofus freaking out at Ford because surface rust existed on a suspension component lol.

I don’t have really any good advice because even after talking to a dealer salesman that was honest and informed about allocation systems, how it’s managed sounds like a math algorithm only John Nash could understand.

Anyway Godspeed and I hope your luck turns around someday friend with your truck showing up so you can enjoy that nice ride home in it soon! Hopefully Ford hears your complaints and gets back on track!
Thanks for your words of comfort. I appreciate it. I'll calm down and get on with my life. My current truck is serving me just fine now. He's just a big ole beast that's all. Chevy Silverado 2500HD diesel. He loves drinking that diesel fuel like there is no tomorrow. He's at least dependable and has served me well.

Joeneonturbo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Dodge SRT-4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t drive yourself crazy. It was built and get to u soon enough. It’s on the home stretch. My dates and eta kept changing and then I said ‘screw it.’ It will come. I stopped checking. Then out of the blue you’ll get a call that ur maverick has arrived at the dealership and it will be a big sigh of relief. I was checking weekly with FCS and reading the the posts. But we get too worked up. I say this bc I was like that.

Ranger Danger

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro-Wrangler-GMC Sierra
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was the first one in my dealer on 9/16/22. Ordered A 2023 Hybrid XLT Lux with a sliding rear window. Someone else came in the same day and pretty much ordered the same Truck. There’s was scheduled and mine wasn’t. Makes no sense but hey nothing has with any of these builds and ordering sequences.

OP
OP
CZaugg

CZaugg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don’t drive yourself crazy. It was built and get to u soon enough. It’s on the home stretch. My dates and eta kept changing and then I said ‘screw it.’ It will come. I stopped checking. Then out of the blue you’ll get a call that ur maverick has arrived at the dealership and it will be a big sigh of relief. I was checking weekly with FCS and reading the the posts. But we get too worked up. I say this bc I was like that.
Good advise. I'm going to put that into play.

Baloo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4 Lux Ordered
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Only allowing 6' days to ship from Mexico to your dealer is a bit hopeful. Mine took 3 weeks and was shipped the same day built. My guess on my quick ship is they just needed one more to fill the train. Ford's website knew it was at my dealer before my dealer knew. Dealer didn't know it was there because the transport guy parked all their deliverys in a different spot than normal.
Sponsored