First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
sigh. So tired of the “Ford is great, don’t like it just leave” attitude. One can like Ford, like the Maverick and still be irritated about who long the process is and how screwed up the communications have been.

I own Ford stock, have a 2015 F150, recently bought a 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands AND have a Lariat Mav on order. So that would make me sort of a fanboy and even I can see how F‘d up this process has been. it ESPECIALLY bothers me as a stockholder because customers that you drive away due to poor execution are likely gone for a long long time, simply because they will no longer trust anything you say.
Ford has a terrible communication problem. I'm crazed with lack of communication. My Maverick has been "In Production" since Jan 4th --- !!!! How long does it take to build a truck? I tried to get more info - my dealer says he has the same info - and no other word from ford. No email No - hay it's delayed. It sucks. I don't blame them for the supply chain issues, but the lack of communication is just BAD business
Sponsored

Big Bob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 Dodge M37, ‘14 VW JettaTDI, ‘22 Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has a terrible communication problem. I'm crazed with lack of communication. My Maverick has been "In Production" since Jan 4th --- !!!! How long does it take to build a truck? I tried to get more info - my dealer says he has the same info - and no other word from ford. No email No - hay it's delayed. It sucks. I don't blame them for the supply chain issues, but the lack of communication is just BAD business
Sorry to hear your production delays!

Just wait until it ships and gets stuck at the Wilmington Delaware Rail Yard!

My Mav was to be here 12/20 and has been sitting in Delaware for the last 5 weeks waiting for the carrier to pick up. Check out my signature for all the updates.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I totally get the frustration but there isn't a lot of information to be shared. The dealer has no idea when your Mav might get scheduled for production, it's all a crapshoot and guess on their end.

Same for the people you reach via the 1-800 support number.

I know my Mav is "buildable - clean" which means it has no restraints for production and is waiting to be scheduled.

That's all I get from my dealer.

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hopes of receiving a going away gift?
Your departing gift has been scheduled for production, estimated delivery date of 4/1/2022!

Alto_Mav

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Odyssey
I think that one of the principal troubles are the dealers and the sales associates. If that combination are bad… everything will be delayed even more than the Ford production speed.!!
my original order was in july 24 but I ordered a XLT fwd EB with 4k tow package. In September Ford said that combination is not possible and you need to reorder. Well, I ordered the change to awd not fx4… and the sales associates was lost in space. He made a new order and basically reset my times to 0. Fortunately the truck is in production since January 10. The ford app said 01/24 and them they reduced to 01/17.
at this moment there are my all information about my unit.
Not dealer info and less than less from the sales associates.
Definitely the difference is that.
Dealer and sales associates.

in my case, if i can change that i will.. but must probably lost my actual progress.
My production date went from 1/24 to 1/17 to 1/10. Online it showed production from 1/10 but then it rolled back to 1/17. It's been there since the 17th. I wonder what's the holdup.

Alto_Mav

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Odyssey
Outback and Forester from the house of Subaru. Currently drive a Subaru Tribeca. Likely we'll get a loyalty discount and we have a VIP code.

Toyota Rav4 and Honda CR-V. The hybrid models. Currently we own a 2018 Accord Hybrid that has been stellar.
How many miles on the Accord? Was looking at buying one but the hybrid battery replacement was through the roof!

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Been a 185 days (July 29, 2021) since I placed my order. No updates since the original order and of course not yet scheduled for production. No updates from dealer and phone calls to Ford are met with.. "Call you dealer". Add to that looks like prices went up.

I was excited for my first Ford vehicle. But looks like that is not going to happen. Really disappointed in the way Ford has handled this.

I'll give it three more weeks to receive the "scheduled for production" email. That should take me through the middle of February. If nothing heard, the dealer can keep the truck and sell it to some sucker for 5K over sticker.

I'll stick to a trusted brand like Subaru, Honda or Toyota.
Fall back and Punt

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sorry to hear your production delays!

Just wait until it ships and gets stuck at the Wilmington Delaware Rail Yard!

My Mav was to be here 12/20 and has been sitting in Delaware for the last 5 weeks waiting for the carrier to pick up. Check out my signature for all the updates.

oh wow

Sponsored

Big Bob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 Dodge M37, ‘14 VW JettaTDI, ‘22 Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yepper, the shipping out of Wilmington is non existent for my dealer. Just checked my tracker and again today new arrivals to Twin Oaks got picked up today while 13 vehicles are still sitting in Wilmington some for over a month now.

Just gets frustrating since there is nothing we can do but just wait for them to show up to the dealer.

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My production date went from 1/24 to 1/17 to 1/10. Online it showed production from 1/10 but then it rolled back to 1/17. It's been there since the 17th. I wonder what's the holdup.
Mine started "in production" status on 11/15, and didn't show "built" until 11/29. Sounds like that was pretty typical, so I'm guessing any day now on yours. Keep in mind they complete 100's of trucks per day, but that doesn't mean they started that day. It takes a couple weeks (give or take) start to finish.

acron1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
How many miles on the Accord? Was looking at buying one but the hybrid battery replacement was through the roof!
It comes with a 8 year 100000 miles warranty and in some states it's 10 years 150000 miles warranty... the battery that is...

DesertMaverick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit HD, Subaru Forester
Been a 185 days (July 29, 2021) since I placed my order. No updates since the original order and of course not yet scheduled for production. No updates from dealer and phone calls to Ford are met with.. "Call you dealer". Add to that looks like prices went up.

I was excited for my first Ford vehicle. But looks like that is not going to happen. Really disappointed in the way Ford has handled this.

I'll give it three more weeks to receive the "scheduled for production" email. That should take me through the middle of February. If nothing heard, the dealer can keep the truck and sell it to some sucker for 5K over sticker.

I'll stick to a trusted brand like Subaru, Honda or Toyota.
I'm with you. Ordered August 12 and have had no communication from Ford. I did receive a email from dealer's order system with authorization a day after ordering; but have had no additional feedback from Ford as others in this site speak of frequently. This leads me to believe that some dealers are more interested in keeping the deal.
I had recently let my Subaru lease go ass there were so many recalls on the 2019 Forester. No overly impressed. We have had great luck with Honda and they appear to always be honest with their customers. I'm going to stick with it for another month and then will have to look elsewhere as I am tired of having no vehicle. Being retired and having a motorhome I have been able to survive without a car due to where I live and the ability to walk to stores, etc. This is getting to be a joke. If Ford couldn't produce the number they took reservations and orders for they should have called it off far before it got to the point it now is. This has affected their reputation for future buyers as they messed up with the Bronco Sport, The Bronco, The Mustang E, and now the Transit and Maverick. Ford should just stop taking orders until they get things together. What they did in the past two weeks by stopping orders for 2022 Maverick only showed they responded too late. Ford's stock is slipping and so is their reputation. Hope this isn't another Pinto disaster for them!
Sponsored