TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
theres no way to easily quantify why I am an authority - but I know what looks good (as Ive been looking at fitting wheels to cars for 25 years.

the mantra friend is simple - if you're going to open the wallet - the result should be undeniably "better than stock".

that looks to me that someone paid about $1200 to make their truck look worse.

want to support my MavBros - not have to wince when I see them. bringin our stock price down.
Three words that would go a long way in working for you........"Just My Opinion".

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
i dont think thats a good look. that is a tuner wheel - meant for a compact/sports car.

someone posted their pics with these wheels a minute ago - i dont think its a good look:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/borbet-wheels-type-y-and-type-w-on-mavericks.8470/

I dont know how else to instill this mantra - any mod needs to be "better than stock" - otherwise why do it?
Because for those with the steelies, it is “better than stock” (and I went with these on mine because I liked the fx4 wheel look)

Last edited:

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Those look great, if you were to get Ford logo center caps nobody would know that they didn't come from the factory. The price is actually great for an aftermarket stylish wheel and from what I know Borbet is a good manufacturer.
FYI I’ve been looking for black Ford center caps since I put the type Ys on mine back in November…. Found these, but the clips don’t work and this won’t fit (And yes, that’s a scratch on it as they ended up being cheap plastic junk anyway, so I’ll keep searching)
Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? image

Reactions: JJC

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
theres no way to easily quantify why I am an authority - but I know what looks good (as Ive been looking at fitting wheels to cars for 25 years.

the mantra friend is simple - if you're going to open the wallet - the result should be undeniably "better than stock".

some wheels go with big trucks, small trucks, compact cars, lux sedans, 90s corvettes, jeeps, honda fits, RX7s - each vehicle type has rims that make it look better - and some than make it look worse.

right now the winner on the forum is the guy with the grey fifteen52 wheels - and even then thats a very safe choice. most of the other rims ive seen so far are so-so or worse than stock.

in a time past - online forums developed a hierarchy of those with knowledge (in certain aspects) and those with not as much. it was happy. people slapped each other online - its healthy.

for instance, how about Mr. Sunken Ship right here:

1642531807225.png

want to support my MavBros - not have to wince when I see them. bringin our stock price down.
You think pretty highly of yourself, huh? 🙄 The guy who's looking for wheels for HIS truck doesn't really care what YOU think about it in the end even if he does ask for opinions. Also, for what it's worth, I think those Borbets look terrible on all the cars you posted but great on the Maverick but then again, that's my opinion and even though I've probably owned just as many vehicles and aftermarket wheels in the 27 years I've been driving and modifying cars and trucks, my opinion shouldn't matter to you.

The Type Y is a great looking wheel for the Maverick compared to the steelies. You make it sound like take off Maverick wheels are being sold at every street corner. Not everyone has the time to wait out a set of takeoff wheels like you apparently do. I did a search in my area (major metropolitan) and there are zero for sale anywhere near me whereas I can have the Type y wheels delivered tomorrow. And I know they're new, not out of round (damaged) and come with a warranty.

You seem pretty close minded and arrogant to be honest, sad to see that in this community.

Sponsored

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The guy who's looking for wheels for HIS truck doesn't really care what YOU think about it in the end even if he does ask for opinions.
He is posting on a forum - which is exactly designed for people to give their opinions. Thats literally the entire mechanic of an internet forum.

Also, for what it's worth, I think those Borbets look terrible on all the cars you posted but great on the Maverick but then again, that's my opinion
I agree its a terrible wheel and I've never considered it.

The Type Y is a great looking wheel for the Maverick compared to the steelies.
No it isnt.

I did a search in my area (major metropolitan) and there are zero for sale anywhere near me whereas I can have the Type y wheels delivered tomorrow.
If Im decorating my house I could wait for some classy vintage mid century pieces - but why wait the guy at the corner is selling Ansel Adams posters and has a 20x20 rug with "The Crow" on it.

Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? 1642544192154

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
I don’t disagree that some aftermarket rims look worse than stock (and that some people spend $1500+ to make their car/truck look worse), but I just have to disagree on the type Ys…. They were the look I was going for, and if they don’t look better than stock…. Well, again I disagree, but to each their own I guess. before and after pics: Net cost to me was $1k after selling my steelies
Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? FCB2592A-7D43-4428-A69A-B25E9B905DAB
Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? 45942966-0BD4-40BC-A96C-2BB7799601D2

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do like these. I wonder if the cost makes sense to order these instead. I like OEM+ look, so this is my speed
personally, I don't like either the gloss paint or the machined surfaces. I prefer the matte Ti that you originally posted. But it's your truck.

OP
OP
AnthonyMav

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered them and will post a picture next week when they’re installed. Thanks for all the comments.

I believe in modding with a purpose, and think this wheel’s purpose is to be an inexpensive replacement solution to the XL Tractor Supply Co steelies. When I need tires, maybe I’ll do something more aggressive like a Fifteen52 with Wildpeaks.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
He is posting on a forum - which is exactly designed for people to give their opinions. Thats literally the entire mechanic of an internet forum.

I agree its a terrible wheel and I've never considered it.

No it isnt.

If Im decorating my house I could wait for some classy vintage mid century pieces - but why wait the guy at the corner is selling Ansel Adams posters and has a 20x20 rug with "The Crow" on it.

1642544192154.png
It's almost adorable how full of crap you are.

Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

1642531326638.png

1642531344594.png

1642531396235.png

1642531414863.png

some wheels go with big trucks, small trucks, compact cars, lux sedans, 90s corvettes, jeeps, honda fits, RX7s - each vehicle type has rims that make it look better - and some than make it look worse.

right now the winner on the forum is the guy with the grey fifteen52 wheels - and even then thats a very safe choice. most of the other rims ive seen so far are so-so or worse than stock.

in a time past - online forums developed a hierarchy of those with knowledge (in certain aspects) and those with not as much. it was happy. people slapped each other online - its healthy.

1642531807225.png

1642531326638.png

1642531344594.png

1642531396235.png

1642531414863.png

1642531807225.png

While you are welcome to offer an opinion.... nominating yourself as the wheel authority of the forum because you have been "looking at fitting wheels for 25 years" is a pretty bold statement. Copying pics from a website does not validate your claim. Everyone has their own tastes and direction they want to take their cars. Respecting that someone has different tastes goes a long way.

OP
OP
AnthonyMav

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wheels are on. The tech couldn’t fit the stock tpms sensors on because the thickness of the Borbet’s was more than the steelies, so I have a TPMS light on all the time. I’m just going to live with it until I need new tires and I’ll install new sensors.
Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? 8C4262CB-2187-4449-BFA8-2286A86449A0
Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? F3F4DC5D-49FB-4470-BAD7-6677A275CE6D
Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? EAB28196-BF56-4D4F-94B2-7EA1A2F69CB4

BootXL76

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL
Wheels are on. The tech couldn’t fit the stock tpms sensors on because the thickness of the Borbet’s was more than the steelies, so I have a TPMS light on all the time. I’m just going to live with it until I need new tires and I’ll install new sensors.
8C4262CB-2187-4449-BFA8-2286A86449A0.jpeg
F3F4DC5D-49FB-4470-BAD7-6677A275CE6D.jpeg
EAB28196-BF56-4D4F-94B2-7EA1A2F69CB4.jpeg
Interesting about the stock tpms not fitting (glad I added aftermarket ones)…
the question of the day: how do YOU like them? Are you happy with the look and are they what you were expecting/hoping for when you ordered them?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AnthonyMav

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I retesting about the stock tpms not fitting (glad I added aftermarket ones)…
the question of the day: how do YOU like them? Are you happy with the look and are they what you were expecting/hoping for when you ordered them?
Love them, compared to the steelies. Totally transforms the truck.

IwannaMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 XL Ecoboost Fwd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's good to know about the TPMS not fitting. I have a XL on order and have been looking at wheels.
Sponsored