First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m thinking of ordering these from TireRack and using the existing stock tires; Borbet Type Y, matte titanium paint, 7x7.5 et45. I did a photoshop test to see if I liked them.

What do you all think?

Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? F9DDAD16-15C5-43D6-AA03-78298198850C
Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? A24BAC6C-5EC3-4B1A-BA3C-0F7746E45D35
Sponsored

OP
OP
AnthonyMav

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks nice and similar to factory focus wheels offered in a few different colors from all black to gray & black w/machine

4621689E-C1D9-4908-BE8C-6878B9D0C9C4.jpeg
I do like these. I wonder if the cost makes sense to order these instead. I like OEM+ look, so this is my speed

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A) Nice photoshop! B) Do it! Those look great!

Sponsored

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I do like these. I wonder if the cost makes sense to order these instead. I like OEM+ look, so this is my speed
If’s you can search for used OEM sets those were on 2015-2019 focus but you may find other styles from other vehicles that fit as well

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Those look great, if you were to get Ford logo center caps nobody would know that they didn't come from the factory. The price is actually great for an aftermarket stylish wheel and from what I know Borbet is a good manufacturer.

Reactions: JJC
OP
OP
AnthonyMav

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Those look great, if you were to get Ford logo center caps nobody would know that they didn't come from the factory. The price is actually great for an aftermarket stylish wheel and from what I know Borbet is a good manufacturer.
Good idea. I’ll do some searching on the center cap size

Reactions: JJC

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
AnthonyMav

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i dont think thats a good look. that is a tuner wheel - meant for an import car.

someone posted their pics with these wheels a minute ago - i dont think its a good look:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/borbet-wheels-type-y-and-type-w-on-mavericks.8470/

I dont know how else to instill this mantra - any mod needs to be "better than stock" - otherwise why do it?
At $153 a wheel, I think these are certainly better than my steelies. What wheel would you go for on that price range? My goal was to try and match the XLT wheel as close as possible. I can’t find any take-offs around NJ and buying from Ford would be bananas.

Sponsored

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
i dont think thats a good look. that is a tuner wheel - meant for a compact/sports car.

someone posted their pics with these wheels a minute ago - i dont think its a good look:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/forum/threads/borbet-wheels-type-y-and-type-w-on-mavericks.8470/

I dont know how else to instill this mantra - any mod needs to be "better than stock" - otherwise why do it?
Really? Mods are subjective, who made you the wheel authority? They look good and very similar to the stock XLT wheels. I also completely disagree about them looking like tuner wheels.

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At $153 a wheel, I think these are certainly better than my steelies. What wheel would you go for on that price range? My goal was to try and match the XLT wheel as close as possible. I can’t find any take-offs around NJ and buying from Ford would be bananas.
then just buy XLT wheels from some forum member whos downgraded their maverick with some crappy cheap wheels.

personally I like the steelies.

the best rim so far is the fifteen52 and we've just - just started to scratch the surface on what looks good.

how about a Fuel D669?

Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? 1642531265587

Montevilla

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus Gray Maverick XL Hybrid w/moonroof
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
how about a Fuel D669?

1642531265587.png
Too dainty for me. Looks like a doily. But I hate antique bronze to start with, so YMMV.

austinzone

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Really? Mods are subjective, who made you the wheel authority?
theres no way to easily quantify why I am an authority - but I know what looks good (as Ive been looking at fitting wheels to cars for 25 years.

the mantra friend is simple - if you're going to open the wallet - the result should be undeniably "better than stock".

They look good and very similar to the stock XLT wheels. I also completely disagree about them looking like tuner wheels.
Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? 1642531326638

Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? 1642531344594

Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? 1642531396235

Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? 1642531414863

some wheels go with big trucks, small trucks, compact cars, lux sedans, 90s corvettes, jeeps, honda fits, RX7s - each vehicle type has rims that make it look better - and some than make it look worse.

right now the winner on the forum is the guy with the grey fifteen52 wheels - and even then thats a very safe choice. most of the other rims ive seen so far are so-so or worse than stock.

in a time past - online forums developed a hierarchy of those with knowledge (in certain aspects) and those with not as much. it was happy. people slapped each other online - its healthy.

for instance, how about Mr. Sunken Ship right here:

Ford Maverick Thoughts on Borbet Type Y’s? 1642531807225

that looks to me that someone paid about $1200 to make their truck look worse.

want to support my MavBros - not have to wince when I see them. bringin our stock price down.