Sponsored

Thoughts, Issues and problems with Mavericktruckclub.com board.......

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been a member of many forums since the early 2000s and I thoroughly enjoy them as they are usually the best source for information on any particular subject. This site is no different. The wealth of knowledge and information posted here is second to none as we have been updated and seem to know more than dealers and any other source or website featuring our Ford Mavericks. I consider myself to be a very active member and post and read as much as I can.

I do notice one glaring problem, at least its been a very big problem for me while using this message board.

WE HAVE WAY TOO MANY Categories and sub-categories and content is being moved too fast. I understand this is my opinion but I'm sure many will agree. I think the powers that be could really trim down and combine many of the categories and sub-categories here. I have never seen moderators work so quickly to move posts into their category. The mods are working fast and I applaud them for their effort, but stuff is being lost in the fray and buried. I'm on here a lot and I am missing many posts. Not everyone has the time and ability to search every single category and sub -category. I see so many good quality threads trending in general stop because they get moved and buried where nobody will find them unless they do detailed searches which often take a lot of time and require a lot of work to find what you are looking for. I understand wanting to keep everything organized but I think we are going too far here. I have seen the same things ruin other message-boards I have been a member on.

My suggestion to the moderators would be to try and combine many of the categories and sub-categories here. Look at the member marketplace section. It only really needs one category, for now. Many categories in TECH can easily be combined too. Maybe we can let a lot more posts ride it out in the general section for 24 hours before they get moved off, never to be seen again especially if the topic is getting a good amount of hits but falls off the trending, latest post section.

I'm not trying to rant or tell anyone how to run their website. I just feel many here like myself are missing so much content because it gets buried in the mess.

What are other people's thoughts?

I put thus in general but I'm sure this will probably be moved off to the garbage section somewhere :LOL: lol.....

Sponsored

Last edited:

Sirslayer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It just a very active forum with a lot of questions and comments that we all love to read plus the Maverick in my own opinion has became a ‘Legend’ in a world of many vehicles that are the same..

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been a member of many forums since the early 2000s and I thoroughly enjoy them as they are usually the best source for information on any particular subject. This site is no different. The wealth of knowledge and information posted here is second to none as we have been updated and seem to know more than dealers and any other source or website featuring our Ford Mavericks. I consider myself to be a very active member and post and read as much as I can.

I do notice one glaring problem, at least its been a very big problem for me while using this message board.

WE HAVE WAY TOO MANY Categories and sub-categories and content is being moved too fast. I understand this is my opinion but I'm sure many will agree. I think the powers that be could really trim down and combine many of the categories and sub-categories here. I have never seen moderators work so quickly to move posts into their category. The mods are working fast and I applaud them for their effort, but stuff is being lost in the fray and buried. I'm on here a lot and I am missing many posts. Not everyone has the time and ability to search every single category and sub -category. I see so many good quality threads trending in general stop because they get moved and buried where nobody will find them unless they do detailed searches which often take a lot of time and require a lot of work to find what you are looking for. I understand wanting to keep everything organized but I think we are going too far here. I have seen the same things ruin other message-boards I have been a member on.

My suggestion to the moderators would be to try and combine many of the categories and sub-categories here. Look at the member marketplace section. It only really needs one category, for now. Many categories in TECH can easily be combined too. Maybe we can let a lot more posts ride it out in the general section for 24 hours before they get moved off, never to be seen again especially if the topic is getting a good amount of hits but falls off the trending, latest post section.

I'm not trying to rant or tell anyone how to run their website. I just feel many here like myself are missing so much content because it gets buried in the mess.

What are other people's thoughts?

I put thus in general but I'm sure this will probably be moved off to the garbage section somewhere :LOL: lol.....

I must say it does take a lot pondering and searching to decide where a post should go initially.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The forum works fine for me.

I assume you know, but maybe you don't, that you can select to ignore any subforum or any individual thread. Of course, individual members can be ignored as well

One can click on "What's New" and quickly scan through posts and select those of interest to you.

Sponsored

Efab

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FWD 2.0 EB LUX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just look at the new post category. Works to find good info pretty good

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
I do wish that the order tracker spread sheet was searchable. Like to line up all the Hybrid FE's just to see how many have dates and VIN's

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any thread I’ve created I just put it in general and let the powers that be move it to where it belongs.

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think it is a great forum. I am glad that the moderators are active and categorize topics appropriately. It is a special-interest forum and not a social media site. My only gripe is when folks start off-topic threads in the main areas for stuff like "Show me your dogs". Nothing against dogs, but there are plenty of dog forums on the internet. Some of that clutter can make navigation challenging.
Sponsored