First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone get pulled over because of their Maverick yet? Had it happen, kinda, last night. I was on my way home and saw a Sheriff pull off the local interstate onto the main road I was on. He got behind me, which I thought nothing of. Knowing there's a police substation by my home, I figured that's where he was heading. Sure enough, he's following me turn by turn. Except, he doesn't turn into the substation. I get to my house, and pull into the driveway, go to hit the button on my garage door and it won't work. I look over, and there's the Sheriff parked, looking my way. I swear I thought he stopped because he thought I pulled into the wrong house or something. Anyway, I get out of my car to go hit the code for the garage door, and up walks the Sheriff. First thing out of his mouth was, "Hey, don't mean to bother you, but is this the new Maverick?" Turns out he ordered one a few weeks ago, from the same dealer I did, and was excited to see one in the "wild" for the first time. I've had my Maverick about a month, and this is the first time someone has asked me about it. Funny that it took a Sheriff "stalking" me. If the Sheriff is in this forum, stop by again some time and check it out in the day time, and thank you for serving our community!
Sponsored

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had three cops tell me to rev my engine (09 SRT8 challenger, straight piped) which I did ever do gently. Then one of them tried to write me a ticket for my halo lights, but they were legal.

Ford Maverick The Sheriff Likes My Mav... F27320B2-4AAD-4B3B-8310-1D130DA2D73C

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
when i came out of the courthouse after getting my tag there were 3 sheriffs looking at mine. they stared to ask some ????? about it. and i was happy to tell them everything i knew.

OP
OP
dicchicora

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure if that is neat, funny or enough to give someone like me a heart attack.
Not gonna lie, when my garage door wouldn't open, I started to sweat a little when I saw him stop. He was cool though and genuinely excited to see the Maverick.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had a sherrif tail me in my old maverick back in the day. He even let me burn the tires taking off after he checked out the motor.

Jmsilver25

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion and Maverick XLT AWD ordered
No disrespect to any Police Officers or family of police officers but if that happened to me I would not have been happy. I'm not okay with any law enforcement following me to my house.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone get pulled over because of their Maverick yet? Had it happen, kinda, last night. I was on my way home and saw a Sheriff pull off the local interstate onto the main road I was on. He got behind me, which I thought nothing of. Knowing there's a police substation by my home, I figured that's where he was heading. Sure enough, he's following me turn by turn. Except, he doesn't turn into the substation. I get to my house, and pull into the driveway, go to hit the button on my garage door and it won't work. I look over, and there's the Sheriff parked, looking my way. I swear I thought he stopped because he thought I pulled into the wrong house or something. Anyway, I get out of my car to go hit the code for the garage door, and up walks the Sheriff. First thing out of his mouth was, "Hey, don't mean to bother you, but is this the new Maverick?" Turns out he ordered one a few weeks ago, from the same dealer I did, and was excited to see one in the "wild" for the first time. I've had my Maverick about a month, and this is the first time someone has asked me about it. Funny that it took a Sheriff "stalking" me. If the Sheriff is in this forum, stop by again some time and check it out in the day time, and thank you for serving our community!
Men and Women in Blue 👍

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No disrespect to any Police Officers or family of police officers but if that happened to me I would not have been happy. I'm not okay with any law enforcement following me to my house.
I suppose he could have just lit you up for any minor infraction got your license and registration, then asked about your vehicle. Would the have been better?

Sponsored
OP
OP
dicchicora

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had no problem with it. I didn't do anything wrong. It's just our own "fear" of police that make us think stupid thoughts. I'd rather have them around my house and if he likes my Mav, maybe he'll drive by more often. I trust the Sheriff more than I do some of the neighbors I have...

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had no problem with it. I didn't do anything wrong. It's just our own "fear" of police that make us think stupid thoughts. I'd rather have them around my house and if he likes my Mav, maybe he'll drive by more often. I trust the Sheriff more than I do some of the neighbors I have...
Yup, sitting on driveway drinking beer if Sheriff rolls buy usually stop and ask if they want a water. Do the same thing for trash pick up guys, lawn maintaince , mail delivery. Can't see it hurting to be pleasant.