First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hope I'm not missing something, but my 22 XLT Hybrid shows the current MPG when you turn it off, but will keep a running tally until you reset it. Sometimes I get unreal MPG for short trips(2 miles or less). Other times I'll get terrible mileage, especially in the morning. However, my running mileage for my previous 10,000mi was 41.1MPG before I reset it at my oil change. The last 1523mi I have averaged 42.7MPG. I must admit that I don't do a lot of interstate driving. On 2 lane highways I usually keep it at 55. Those trips of 60+ miles usually give me my best averages. Bottom line, I LOVE this truck, and accurate or not, I'm well pleased with my fuel economy!
Sponsored

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh great, another MPG thread on how you should drive your vehicle and how often! Any other way is NOT driving... and NOT "real world"...

obviously...

Gullzway

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The meter does not hold 7500 miles worth of data. Something like only the most recent 3 or 5 tankfuls or 10,000 minutes of data, something like that but it's unpublished what the actual value is. So the dash is "fresher" more recent than you think. Sadly, no lifetime stats except if you manually keep records.
I have never reset my trip 2 meter, I unselect it from the showing screens, so I don't accidentally reset it.
I did notice that it rolls over at 10,000 but does Not reset. My lifetime mpg is 43.5.

It would be great though if I'd have driven 8,200 miles of Electric over 9,200 miles!

Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG PXL_20230831_143117854

Sponsored

crgator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
... Multiple ~1000 mile fishing trips to the same hotel, mostly MPH is 75-80 (PA turnpike). Average on the trips is constantly 40+

It is what it is...

I wish I could say the same. I just did a 1500-mile round trip, mostly Interstate with speeds usually running 75ish, and averaged about 35 mpg. I can't really complain about that as I've only ever done better on a motorcycle, but it's definitely not 40+

PoodleDad90

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello: I've seen several posts stating my Maverick Hybrid got 45 MPG, 57 MPG and more. They back them up with pictures of their dash. The only way to have your REAL MPG is by filling up your tank and filling it up again, and doing the math with your total mileage. Anyone can post a picture of their dash for a short trip and have it show 40, 50, and more MPG. I can drive around my neighborhood, never going over 30 MPH, trying my best to stay on electric power and show a bogus dash picture. I've owned hybrids for 15 years. I can post a picture of my PriusV, going down hill and it says my MPG is 99 MPG. If you want to give an honest MPG value, give us a gas tank refill, do the math with your total miles driven and then state what kind of MPG you are getting. Don't go posting a 30 or 60 mile trip and post a picture. I just don't want some people thinking their hybrids are living up to standards.
This is just not true. I’ve had my Mav Hybrid for about a month now. I’ve put on just shy of 800 KM, and I still have about a quarter tank left. So far, I’m averaging about 5.9 L/100KM… and it seems to drop a little every time I drive it.

Converting to Miles and MPG, comes to about 500 miles and 40 MPG.

Skeeter163

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hello: I've seen several posts stating my Maverick Hybrid got 45 MPG, 57 MPG and more. They back them up with pictures of their dash. The only way to have your REAL MPG is by filling up your tank and filling it up again, and doing the math with your total mileage. Anyone can post a picture of their dash for a short trip and have it show 40, 50, and more MPG. I can drive around my neighborhood, never going over 30 MPH, trying my best to stay on electric power and show a bogus dash picture. I've owned hybrids for 15 years. I can post a picture of my PriusV, going down hill and it says my MPG is 99 MPG. If you want to give an honest MPG value, give us a gas tank refill, do the math with your total miles driven and then state what kind of MPG you are getting. Don't go posting a 30 or 60 mile trip and post a picture. I just don't want some people thinking their hybrids are living up to standards.
I agree with you and I check it the way you say. My last three tanks were 46 which was town and country.

BLachance75

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dash at previous fill, odometer reading 1360.7

Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG IMG_2787

After most recent fill up, odometer reading 2049.3

Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG IMG_2823

Screenshot from gas station app, 13.25 gallons of gas

Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG IMG_2824

Dash shows 54.9 mpg, math is 52 mpg.

I’m going to give it a few more tanks then adjust afe bias.

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have never reset my trip 2 meter, I unselect it from the showing screens, so I don't accidentally reset it.
I did notice that it rolls over at 10,000 but does Not reset. My lifetime mpg is 43.5.

It would be great though if I'd have driven 8,200 miles of Electric over 9,200 miles!

PXL_20230831_143117854.jpg
I can't be positive about what happens in Lariat but....

The meters do not "reset" but they are FIFO. First In - First Out.

That means when the memory is full, the oldest data is dropped. In the lower trims, this "memory" retention is something like (not certain, but close to) 10,000 minutes of driving, or 166 hours. If you commute 1 hour each direction, it comes to 16 weeks of data retained. Obviously odometers are continuous, I'm referring to MPG data only.

I know this to be true in XLT. Which would make sense XL works in the same way.

Proof: I drove 8,000 miles at about 47 MPG compared to pumped gallons. I Never reset trip meter that I hoped would be "lifetime" and it reads 47.x.

Then I towed 120 hours continuously.
12 ten hour days in a row at 17.95 mpg compared to pumped gallons.

My never ever reset meter now says 19.0 MPG "lifetime" which is not lifetime

True lifetime based on gallons pumped is: 28 MPG.

Very good evidence the memory is only slightly more than 120 hours.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Jim53r88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’m average 42.9 MPG on a ‘23 Maverick with an even mix of highway and city driving. This coincides with what I’m reading here. I do notice, like on all vehicles, mileage really drops ascending hills.

Superdog3657

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 ford Ranger Xlt waiting for xlt maverick hybr
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What is the Standard 42mpg city , 33mpg highway,37mpg combined ? I just finished my 1k breakin miles and have far exceeded the EPA estimates on the Window sticker. All my driving has been in standard mode and I have not used cruise control during the breakin period . I have driven about 50% highway miles. Everyones mileage may vary and I would have been happy getting the mpg on the window sticker but now after averaging 44mpg for my first 1k real world miles , I think Ford has Exceeded my expectations

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I do drive slower since getting a Hybrid Maverick. Most of the time I end up doing just slightly above the speed limit, offset by side streets where I go 25. In the last couple of tank fulls, doing the math, I am getting 37.2 mpg. Yes, I use my foot to slowly regulate speed, coast and everything else to get better mpg. Not complaing.

STU @ PACIFIC DREAM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
STU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IT took me months to figure out a route back and forth to my office that is down hill both directions. Stu Long

ARDU

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Mixed, mostly highway @ 60mph in eco mode. 23 XLT Hybrid. Factory tires 37psi warm. Tonneau cover.

Ford Maverick The REAL HYBRID MPG Screenshot (Aug 31, 2023 11_19_19 AM)
Sponsored