Sponsored

The million dollar question: Cactus Gray or Carbonized Gray?

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got the Carbonized Grey with the blacked out XLT/FX4 wheels. Looks dark but not too dark.
Sponsored

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
If by early next year they offer the black interior on the XLT, I'd go Cactus Grey all day, everyday. Now if they offered the Escape's Desert Gold or Bronze Fire, I'd be ecstatic. Throw in a slightly less dark version of Kodiak Brown and I'll start hyperventilating.

hondabuster

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav hybrid ,tacoma
The mustange jet fighter grey is exactly the same as the cactus grey. And the Bronco Sports comes in the same colors as the Maverick, After seeing the area 51, it seemed to be more blue than grey, so I picked cactus grey. Stop by the ford delership and see the colors in person, Im glad I did, the choices were much easier after seeing them in sunlight in person

martyi48

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The dealership I stopped at yesterday to look around had two new cars on the entire lot - that was it!

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yup I went to 2 dealers yesterday, not one of the 3 I'm looking at, all the inventory must be in transit (And probably already sold). Likely going Cactus myself, though I would have liked to have seen area 51...and wildcard Orange Crush! I'd go orange except it teeters on school bus yellow. Maybe with a black roof it would be better (but I'm not getting Lariat/FE).

Ala

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Cactus grey area 51 or carbonized grey????

I know its been beaten to death. I been searching all day YouTube videos and pictures.

All my local dealers do not have any of these colors in stock.

Every video or picture makes these colors look different.

What are your thoughts? Leaning towards area 51.

I had the same problem. I went through all the colors. First I liked the velocity blue. While I think it's a good color I decided it's a little too bright. I thought about black but the whole truck was blacked out and a little too dark. I thought about alto blue, but it was a little too dark in the shade. I was going to get area 51 but it seemed like a chameleon depending on if it was in the sun or shade. I thought about white. I finally decided on carbonized gray. What convinced me was in full sun this color shines like no other imho. So that's what I ordered today.

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I had the same problem. I went through all the colors. First I liked the velocity blue. While I think it's a good color I decided it's a little too bright. I thought about black but the whole truck was blacked out and a little too dark. I thought about alto blue, but it was a little too dark in the shade. I was going to get area 51 but it seemed like a chameleon depending on if it was in the sun or shade. I thought about white. I finally decided on carbonized gray. What convinced me was in full sun this color shines like no other imho. So that's what I ordered today.
Yeah I went area 51.

Carb Gray was just too common for me

TCK

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta Sportwagen
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally got a call back to convert my order from the third dealer I have thrown my desire to spend money at. Funny, after being here since June, mine will still be a Cactus Grey xlt lux package…and I will wait on the spray in liner

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick The million dollar question: Cactus Gray or Carbonized Gray? D5F2056E-4BE9-4F43-BE0B-595DC8E6E76D
Look at that beauty. I may be biased. Haha. If I didn’t go Area 51 I’d go with Cactus Gray. I’m a big fan of the “hip” colors that are available.

Also really like Velocity Blue but I had that color long ago on a trailblazer.

Sponsored

flyjum

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I switched my build from cactus grey to carbonized grey. They both look nice but I prefer a metallic paint over a non metallic and I think the black trim(bumper top of bed ect) stands out too much on the cactus grey. Also I plan to buy aftermarket wheels and I was having a hard time thinking of a colour to go with the light grey

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cactus grey area 51 or carbonized grey????

I know its been beaten to death. I been searching all day YouTube videos and pictures.

All my local dealers do not have any of these colors in stock.

Every video or picture makes these colors look different.

What are your thoughts? Leaning towards area 51.
Cactus Gray

nunucello

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Marcello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
D5F2056E-4BE9-4F43-BE0B-595DC8E6E76D.jpeg
Look at that beauty. I may be biased. Haha. If I didn’t go Area 51 I’d go with Cactus Gray. I’m a big fan of the “hip” colors that are available.

Also really like Velocity Blue but I had that color long ago on a trailblazer.
That is a GREAT photo ! Well done !

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That is a GREAT photo ! Well done !
I didn’t realize how cool the background looked with the Mav until I sent the photo to my girlfriend with “THIS IS IT!”

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
If you want the black trim to be accented think value (lightness/darkness) instead of color. Colors such as Area 51 cactus gray (my choice), and white will accent the black trim more.
Sponsored