Sponsored

The longest time ever to get a Maverick built and shipped ?

Spartan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still waiting for my 2022 MY Maverick Hybrid FE .
Ordered on 9/13/2021 .
Built the last week of production for the 2022 MY in November week prior to Thanksgiving.

Stuck at a rail siding one hour from the Ford Dealership in Arizona for 4 weeks now!

2023 MY Mavericks already at the dealers, but not mine?

Why, Why, why?

So not it is over 15 months from the time I ordered this Maverick.

Is this the longest any one has waited to get one?

Merry Christmas .
Sponsored

Xbbqpitmaster

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Kia Seltos S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I will have you beatā€¦ we ordered a 2022 XLT on 01/01/2022. Got my order email from Ford 30 minutes laterā€¦. Long story short, the dealer had a new sales manager who thought he knew it all. He never did the ROVP, so even though I had an order, it was never finalized so therefore never a ā€œcleanā€ orderā€¦ so guess who isnā€™t getting that one??? So, we ordered a 2023 on 09/17/2022 with a different dealer, and has provided me with all the order confirmation information even an order confirmation number with Ford, and Ford CS confirmed the information and it is just waiting to be scheduled, so hopefully sometime this decade we will see it.

OP
OP

Spartan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I will have you beatā€¦ we ordered a 2022 XLT on 01/01/2022. Got my order email from Ford 30 minutes laterā€¦. Long story short, the dealer had a new sales manager who thought he knew it all. He never did the ROVP, so even though I had an order, it was never finalized so therefore never a ā€œcleanā€ orderā€¦ so guess who isnā€™t getting that one??? So, we ordered a 2023 on 09/17/2022 with a different dealer, and has provided me with all the order confirmation information even an order confirmation number with Ford, and Ford CS confirmed the information and it is just waiting to be scheduled, so hopefully sometime this decade we will see it.
Some Fun & Not So Funny Ford Customer Facts:

So, we will be paying around $1,500.00 for the cost to ship and deliver our new Maverick trucks made in Mexico, so it is about 4 hours from my Ford Dealership here in North Tucson AZ.
The Total Truck Cost will be $33,000.00 approx. plus tax & etc..

So, when I bought my first Ford F 100 in 1973 I paid about $26.00 shipping (not freight equalized) for it to be delivered to the Ford Dealer across the street from the Ford Assembly Plant, in Wayne Michigan.
The Total Truck Cost was $3,400.00 approx. plus tax, etc.. (50 years ago)

So, shipping at Ford Motor Co. is now "freight equalized" so as to protect all Ford Dealerships and forcing the customers to pay exactly the same shipping amount, no matter where the Dealer location is in the USA.

So now, with this additional cost to the customer, the Ford Motor Company should now take into consideration some, "Consequential Losses", for possibly late and untimely shipments of it's products! Ford Transportation is definitely not doing a good job in getting it's units to Ford dealers and to Ford Customers in a very timely fashion, and therefore now upsetting lots of long time loyal Ford customers.

So, therefore my new 2022 MY Maverick truck will be considered a used/dated truck due to the fact that other 2023 MY Mavericks are now starting to arrive at at the Ford Dealerships around the country. Further more by the time I take ownership of mine it may be the next calendar year anyway!

Ford should be offering some type financial remuneration (discounted price) to it's loyal & long time customers who obviously are being slighted by the entire process of, ordering, building, & taking delivery, of a possible new product from Ford Motor Company that will only become dated by the time it arrives in the customers hands! Due circumstances none of which are or can be controlled by the customer or the Ford Dealer!

However, I am still looking forward to my new Ford Maverick arriving sometime soon ?

Come On, Ford Motor Company, Do the Right Thing? ..... Again for me!

I Hope You All Have A Great Holiday, and A Better New Year in 2023 CY.

The Spartan.

David_in_GA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my Lariat, Lux, 360 MY2022 on July 22, 2021. Sitting at 520 days. Rolled over to MY2023 on Sept 19, 2022, 99 days ago. Finally scheduled for production the week of Jan 30.

So I have you beat by a few days. I wish you luck maybe you will get it soon.

OP
OP

Spartan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my Lariat, Lux, 360 MY2022 on July 22, 2021. Sitting at 520 days. Rolled over to MY2023 on Sept 19, 2022, 99 days ago. Finally scheduled for production the week of Jan 30.

Yikes!

The Spartan

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ordered on 9/13/2021 .
Built the last week of production for the 2022 MY in November week prior to Thanksgiving.

Stuck at a rail siding one hour from the Ford Dealership in Arizona for 4 weeks now!

Why, Why, why?

Merry Christmas .
I have a build date in January. You guys are making me nervous. XLT lux + ordered 10/21. Been doing a lot of hovering at the dealership.

Frank Alan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered on 9/13/2021 .

Why, Why, why?

Merry Christmas .
My Hybrid XLT ordered 6/19/21 and took delivery 10/27/22. Little over 16 months. Luckily when built and shipped everything went smoothly. Worth the wait. Good luck

Therewolf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Ordered my Mav on 23 Nov 2021! Got it officially cancelled Nov 2022. Got a new 2023 VIN a few weeks ago with a build date of Feb 6 2023. We'll see.

Wolfe Jet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
See my sig for dates, I waited 532 days and with so many hybrids not delivered I still feel lucky I got mine.
Sponsored