Sponsored

The latest in the saga of the Maverick in dealership prison.

TrevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
If you read my earlier post, I described my challenge buying my Maverick. I equated the time it took to deliver my truck to the dealer, compounded with the recall, made my truck a prisoner of the lot. It annoyed some readers, who thought I was just being petty (and for some reason took that personally). After all, buying a new truck is supposed to be terrible experience, with hopeless customer service, filled with disappointment. I get that now.

But then there was hope... My dealer called with miracle news... my Truck was ready for pick up! The recall, according to the computer, or tea leaves, or tarot cards, was taken off. Looks like the fix happened before delivery. That was indeed good news, (also annoying insofar that it's been in dealer jail since early January) and I made the arrangements to pick up the truck tomorrow.

I moved with purpose, broke my piggy bank, got a bank draft, dug into couch cushions. Called insurance.

Then comes today. A dark cruel day. My truck was taken off the recall, by accident, then it was reset. It's back to prison for my Maverick. Detailed for nothing. It got told it had a release date, but then got in a fight in the yard, and thrown in the hole. Part is still somewhere.

I'm back to taking longing looks at other dealerships. I wouldn't stray, but you can't blame me for looking.

Oh and for anyone asking, I do have a case # and 'nicole' is trying her best. Also the Ford Social Media reached out. They were pretty useless, but hey they answered my message. Or maybe they're a bot, I dunno anymore.

So enjoy you truck, give it a kiss, whisper in it's ear (maybe vent?) and tell it, it's luck it got out of the plant unscathed. Some of us are waiting for Ford. I'm sure the multibillion dollar multinational will get right on fixing this, instead of constantly trying to force feed me a bag of wieners, like they've been trying to do for so long.
Sponsored

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This was much more poetic than your last lol i feel it needs theme music. Adele perhaps

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
So enjoy you truck, give it a kiss, whisper in it's ear (maybe vent?) and tell it, it's luck it got out of the plant unscathed. Some of us are waiting for Ford. I'm sure the multibillion dollar multinational will get right on fixing this, instead of constantly trying to force feed me a bag of wieners, like they've been trying to do for so long.
I do that every night before I put her to bed and tuck the covers over her cute little head lights.

OP
OP
TrevC

TrevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My heart will go on by Celine perhaps. Start with a Titanic line like, "Recall, Right Ahead!"
Sponsored