First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape 66 Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received my confirmation from ford on my 2023 Maverick order. i ordered a XLT with lux package and a moon roof.What happens after ford gives confirmation notice.
Sponsored

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You wait

Jamesrchapman1949

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And wait

TonyTee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tonytrafficlight.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid, 2023 iRacing F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did anyone else say you wait? It's a step in the right direction at least.

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I received my confirmation from ford on my 2023 Maverick order. i ordered a XLT with lux package and a moon roof.What happens after ford gives confirmation notice.
I waited from the date of my Order Received email on 18 Jan to my email with VIN and production week on 25 August. Supposedly Ford is going to build Mavericks much faster for the 23MY. Cross your fingers.

Modules just populated today so it should be built today or tomorrow then in shipping for a month or so...

Wait is truly the name of the game here.

Sponsored

Traegorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trae
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerdandtie.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Versa, 2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Supposedly Ford is going to build Mavericks much faster for the 23MY.
I mean, mostly they'll come closer to the ordering date just because in 2021 they started taking orders on Hybrids almost 6 months before the OKTB date. SOMEONE'S 2023 truck is getting built in November, so THAT PERSON won't have as long a wait. 😆

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm sorry OP, I don't think anyone mentioned that you have to wait...

I ordered my 2022 on 1/18/2022. Yesterday I made it to this:

Ford Maverick Steps in the ordering Maverick Built 9_29_2022_Edited

Now I just have to, you guessed it, wait for it to make it to North Carolina. Hopefully that will be before Thanksgiving. 255 days, 8 1/2 months, from order received to built. I hope you don't have to wait that long. Fingers crossed for you!!!

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hunker down and get out your anti anxiety medication.

Sponsored

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP, you.. wait. Seriously. And don't expect to hear much from Ford, maybe once every 45 days to 2 months, but even that's not guaranteed.

Every now and then you'll get an email that updates you on the next step, it'll look a lot like your order confirmation email from Ford, at each major step of the process. (Order received, scheduled for production, built, shipped)

You can of course bug Ford, but don't expect to get much more than they send you via email. The customer service reps don't have any more, and thousands of people are waiting out delays because the world has gone to shit.

All in, it could take upwards of a year to get your truck, and that's assuming that it doesn't hit any order constraints, that shipping goes well, etc.

Last edited:

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

OP, you.. wait. Seriously. And don't expect to hear much from Ford, maybe once every 45 days to 2 months, but even that's not guaranteed.

Every now and then you'll get an email that updates you on the next step, it'll look a lot like your order confirmation email from Ford, at each major step of the process. (Order received, scheduled for production, built, shipped)

You can of course bug Ford, but don't expect to get much more than they send you via email. The customer service reps don't have any more, and thousands of people are waiting out delays because the world has gone to shit.

All in, it could take upwards of a year to get your truck, and that's assuming that it doesn't hit any order constraints, that shipping goes well, etc.
The (sad) new normal.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Have you searched this forum for your question?

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What do you want as far as communication? For my 22, I thought Ford communicated to me very well.

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What do you want as far as communication? For my 22, I thought Ford communicated to me very well.
You are definitely in the minority there. For me:

1/18 -Thanks for your Order email
6/29- Your order is delayed email, canned, no actual information
8/19- Your order is delayed email, canned, no actual information
9/9- Your order is scheduled email
9/29- Your order's production has been delayed (received the same day my order went from "in production" to "built" proving that email was canned and not at all specific to my order)

So, five months between order and first email that didn't say anything. Almost two months between first meaningless email and second meaningless email. Then they did better telling me about production, but then fell off again telling me production hadn't started yet (that is what the 9/29 email said) on the same day the truck changed to "built" on the order tracker.

This is not what I would call communicating well. I suppose it was better than nothing but given how little most of it said and the fact that the most recent one was totally wrong, it was only slightly better than nothing.
Sponsored