First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think they look fine! Many love the steelie's but i've never been a fan of them

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Interesting, never would have thought about hubcaps. They look great to me, did you paint the wheels black? Got any side shots?

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found some inexpensive 17" hubcaps for the steelie rims and winter tires, not too bad looking! Seem to be very decent quality too, got 'em on sale at Amazon:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07H811P23/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Seems as you get into larger wheel sizes, that there are less options for hubcaps? Maybe post up what you found and where?

20221205_135541 cropped.jpg
Nice. Is 100 bucks cheap? Iā€™m just wondering cuz for my winters i got a set of kijiji alloys for 300 bucksā€¦ so by the time you buy a set of steelies and put these hub caps on themā€¦ šŸ˜¬ but anyways. It looks fine and im glad youre happy!

Sponsored

OP
OP
GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice. Is 100 bucks cheap? Iā€™m just wondering cuz for my winters i got a set of kijiji alloys for 300 bucksā€¦ so by the time you buy a set of steelies and put these hub caps on themā€¦ šŸ˜¬ but anyways. It looks fine and im glad youre happy!
Paid $86 Cdn. Yes, that's cheap. I'm not a fan of using alloys in winter - they use a lot of road salt here in Winterpeg, mighty hard on vehicles... I actually spray and wipe the steel wheels down with WD-40 before putting 'em on. And yes, they came black, didn't paint 'em.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those look decent. Did you consider just adding polished SS trim rings? That's a nice look for the steelies. I had a Ranger years ago (2004 maybe?) with the steelies, and just added the polished SS trim rings, and it looked quite sharp.

Pickles

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia rio, kia sorento
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Paid $86 Cdn. Yes, that's cheap. I'm not a fan of using alloys in winter - they use a lot of road salt here in Winterpeg, mighty hard on vehicles... I actually spray and wipe the steel wheels down with WD-40 before putting 'em on. And yes, they came black, didn't paint 'em.
Yes iā€™ve heard tales of your winters. You are brave people haha

OP
OP
GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Those look decent. Did you consider just adding polished SS trim rings? That's a nice look for the steelies. I had a Ranger years ago (2004 maybe?) with the steelies, and just added the polished SS trim rings, and it looked quite sharp.
I drove all last winter with the steelies. Never considered trim rings, but, If I could get a set of these OEM hubcaps from the XL cheap, and were guaranteed they fit my rims, I'd be tempted:

Ford Maverick The cheap hubcap thread 1670288352344

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I drove all last winter with the steelies. Never considered trim rings, but, If I could get a set of these OEM hubcaps from the XL cheap, and were guaranteed they fit my rims, I'd be tempted:

1670288352344.png
My 08 F-150 has those. Gave the steelies character. The steelies on the mav were one of the biggest reasons I went XLT. I like cheap but donā€™t like looks cheap lol

Sponsored
OP
OP
GreatWhiteNorth

GreatWhiteNorth

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another solution for hubcaps is OEM Ford Escape or Fusion hubcaps... if a set could be sourced at a reasonable price. I think they're decent looking, would look great on a Maverick:
Ford Maverick The cheap hubcap thread ! Ford Escape hubcap_1

Ford Maverick The cheap hubcap thread ! Ford Fusion hubcap_1

thevol

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver Mav 2.0 AWD 4k
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks to the OP, decided to try some hubcaps on mine. Went with the FX-Poor version :LOL: Think they will work until I wear out the stock tires. 30 bux at walmart and a can of plastidip to blackout the steelies and all done.

Ford Maverick The cheap hubcap thread 1674591276847