First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know there was a thread asking about a specific 16" size fitment. I just wanted to start a thread for those interested and those who have went with 16" wheels. I prefer 16's and will be exclusively shopping 16's when my truck arrives (months away still I bet).

Either way - if you have popped on 16" wheels, or are interested, post here!

Mods: If there is already a dedicated 16" thread pls delete.
Sponsored

Shay

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure why you'd want to go downward in size, but you want to make sure they're going to fit around the disc brakes. There's usually a reason why there's a standard size on a vehicle as big as it is.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was looking to get a set of 16” wheels/snow tires as they’re a bit cheaper. TireRack has a list of wheels that supposedly fit the Mav. My daughter happens to have a set of one of the recommended wheels so I borrowed one and it did NOT fit. The barrel shape hits the front caliper. Good thing I didn’t order them. I’ll be going with 17”s

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
I was looking to get a set of 16” wheels/snow tires as they’re a bit cheaper. TireRack has a list of wheels that supposedly fit the Mav. My daughter happens to have a set of one of the recommended wheels so I borrowed one and it did NOT fit. The barrel shape hits the front caliper. Good thing I didn’t order them. I’ll be going with 17”s
Usually this information is lost on page 11. With the 11 pages full of why the 16" will or will not cause rotational mass that will destroy the universe.

For this to be on page one must be breaking some kind of forum rule!

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Usually this information is lost on page 11. With the 11 pages full of why the 16" will or will not cause rotational mass that will destroy the universe.

For this to be on page one must be breaking some kind of forum rule!
Lucky I guess?

Sponsored

OP
OP

dp4616

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cheaper wheels, cheaper tires? More sidewall? One could more easily ask why NOT go down a size?

It can be done.. Bronco Sport uses the same brakes all around, 16" steelies clear fine. I'd gladly rock a set of 16" for a budget friendly winter/trail setup.

1635790910756.png
This is why, entirely. I for one want more sidewall - as much as I can get. Hopefully someone gets a pair and can share with us. I would be 100% fine with that setup too, maybe even willing to swap my XLT 17's for them.

MortyHooper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Matrix
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Cheaper wheels, cheaper tires? More sidewall? One could more easily ask why NOT go down a size?

It can be done.. Bronco Sport uses the same brakes all around, 16" steelies clear fine. I'd gladly rock a set of 16" for a budget friendly winter/trail setup.

1635790910756.png
That sidewall actually looks rad. I am into it and the price of tires/ wheels. You guys planted an idea in my head that I hadn't had.

Imabass

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, rav4, caravan, Ranger (v-8)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I too would like to see some 16" options. I have a set of LT245/75/16's that I could rob off another vehicle. LT tires are going to be 10-12# heavier than P tires. I would imagine LT tires will last longer the P tires but I would imagine it would strain the brakes with the extra weight. I also have an extra set of LT245/70/17's for my F350. I have my own tire machines so swapping tires doesn't cost me to fit one up to see.

Are these wheels the same as the old ford 4.5"? I probably have a old set of ford ranger wheels but I think those are the little 14s so thats probably not going to work.

Taking off the new OEM tires won't go to waste. My wifes Rav4 has the same tires that the stock maverick has so I will put them on her car.

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do we know yet if there are any 16" wheels that can fit the Maverick?

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do we know yet if there are any 16" wheels that can fit the Maverick?
There aren't any, rear disc brakes are the issue. I even called tirerack to find out and they said none of the 16" wheels they've tested have fit. One guy here found a shop who thought they had a set that would fit and they did not fit the rear brakes.

TacoTanium

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
😫

Somebody please post here asap once available.
Sponsored