First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta agree! The next Maverick looks excellent and to include the hybrid in the base package... awesome! Ironic that this was announced the day after Hyundai released the mileage figures for their Santa Cruz, which were rather poor. The Mav checks all the boxes for me and the range of possibilities from a sub-20K base model to a fully-loaded model still possible under $30K - Great!

I didn't see a 4WD option though. Not being offered on the Maverick or did I miss something? My '03 Explorer Sport Track is still running well and is an on-demand push-button 4WD, so that would be hard to part with. But, far better milage with a hybrid, the latest tech, and that "new car smell" might woo me sooner than later.
The AWD is only available with the 2.0 turbo, not on hybrid.
Sponsored

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
Wait a year ,after initial deliveries and feedback Ford will have to consider AWD in the Hybrid. But for now this is awesome. The AWD option is already available on the Escape Hybrid of which the Maverick and Bronco Sport share the same architecture.

Mike

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Ranger F350’s
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
i can get everything I want on XL for fleet except the engine w/AWD which is disappointing

Love to see this with a single cab someday also.

Otherwise well done Ford

The One

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4X4 2015 Mustang Ecoboost converti
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Great looking truck I think Ford hit a home run with it. Might be a good replacement for my wife's Edge. Anybody making a topper for it?

hsinking1932

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Gotta agree! The next Maverick looks excellent and to include the hybrid in the base package... awesome! Ironic that this was announced the day after Hyundai released the mileage figures for their Santa Cruz, which were rather poor. The Mav checks all the boxes for me and the range of possibilities from a sub-20K base model to a fully-loaded model still possible under $30K - Great!

I didn't see a 4WD option though. Not being offered on the Maverick or did I miss something? My '03 Explorer Sport Track is still running well and is an on-demand push-button 4WD, so that would be hard to part with. But, far better milage with a hybrid, the latest tech, and that "new car smell" might woo me sooner than later.
I expect the awd electric maverick will come with a plugin update, and will be priced between 35,000 to 40,000. Then Maverick will acomplish a miracle: satisfying the working class, the wealthy class, and Wall Street at the same time.

If it is not born in Mexico, campaign managers should have called this little maverick guy😂😂

Sponsored

Dan_E26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus, 2018 Sonata SEL
Bravo to the Maverick team, really.

Two incredible powertrains, tasteful styling, clever utility features inside and out, all at a price that undercuts most midsize sedans. The engineers and designers behind the Maverick project should be beyond proud.

Sometimes when I see a new vehicle come out, I think "That might not last very long..." but looking at the Maverick and how there's basically a Ford truck for everybody now, I can safely say they're gonna print money with it, and the Mav will be a long time staple in the Ford lineup.

As a senior engineering student, I couldn't think of a bigger dream job than at Ford right now. In the past year alone they've put out such a stunning lineup. I would love to be part of that some day!

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
If anyone from Ford is actually looking at this thread, I would have loved to see Space White, Star White and Lead Foot Gray as exterior color options as well.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The AWD is only available with the 2.0 turbo, not on hybrid.
Yes but AWD isn't quite what on-demand 4WD is. My wife had a Gen. 1 Escape with AWD and it was good but not great. Surely not in the same league as the 4WD on my Sport Trac.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
I'm guessing Ford has hit it out of the park with the Maverick. I remember back in the old days the number of little Toyotas, and Nissans on the road. If the Maverick taps into that market they won't be able to keep them on the lots.

Sponsored

Jasper6144

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Wait a year ,after initial deliveries and feedback Ford will have to consider AWD in the Hybrid. But for now this is awesome. The AWD option is already available on the Escape Hybrid of which the Maverick and Bronco Sport share the same architecture.
Not 100% the same, it turns out that the Mav has Ford's all new electric motor, where the Escape and Bronco are using the older model.

Thoughts are.....
1. Ford wants to test the new motor, and get feedback, in a simple format.

2. As time goes Ford will need to increase the value of the brand one day, and Hybrid AWD, fives them space to do that.

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
Not 100% the same, it turns out that the Mav has Ford's all new electric motor, where the Escape and Bronco are using the older model.

Thoughts are.....
1. Ford wants to test the new motor, and get feedback, in a simple format.

2. As time goes Ford will need to increase the value of the brand one day, and Hybrid AWD, fives them space to do that.
You are correct as I later read ,the electric motor is a Ford built item ,
but when they build an all Electric version can you imagine the range and incredible space. The small business delivery people probably
are waiting in the wings. Space in the back, space up front, space under the seats, virtually no maintenance, no gas cards to manage,
a dream come true for the small parcel carrier, pest control and pool dealers.Lockable front and rear space!

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
is there actually an AWD electric architecture in production that uses 1 central electric motor? As far as I know they tend to use 1 smaller motor on each wheel they want to power and scale up from there. There used to be proposed systems where the electric motor would be part of the transmission (I think Ford and Chevy were partnering on R&D for that), but don't know if it ever got production ready?

Bbot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL
is there actually an AWD electric architecture in production that uses 1 central electric motor? As far as I know they tend to use 1 smaller motor on each wheel they want to power and scale up from there. There used to be proposed systems where the electric motor would be part of the transmission (I think Ford and Chevy were partnering on R&D for that), but don't know if it ever got production ready?
I am not sure, I know that on the Toyota RAV4,the AWD is an electric motor.
Sponsored