Sponsored

Tailgate Rear Lettering Inserts / Vinyl / Decals?

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anyone seen any lettering inserts for sale? Looking for the American flag inserts.
Thank you
Esty.com for raised lettering American flag (reflective) price varies $35 to $45

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Although I had done my black out ovals weeks ago, I finally got to do my lettering. It's reflective black. Which is quite trippy. I don't know what I think about them. They turn bright white. Even in the porch light. So I will look out at my tailgate from the house with the porch light on and it looks like the MAVERICK letters are gone. Because reflective white is very similar to metallic orange at night. Not much contrast. If it was a dark colored truck, the reflective would look cool. I may need to re-do it non reflective.

I also added a black EcoBoost emblem on the left, and a custom black AWD emblem on the right. The AWD emblem is 3D printed. Design inspired by the chiseled font of the FX4 decal. You will notice the A looks exactly like the "F" in FX4, mirroring the left and right sides together to make an A. The W is the Maverick "M" turned upside down. And the D is designed in a similar fashion. A guy on Etsy designed it for me.

I also first tried to handpaint the inset EcoBoost lettering and the leaf/highway in CyberOrange. I wanted it to be more readable and have it pop. It did not look high quality half way through and abandoned the idea. I do not have a steady enough hand and it's just too small to mask. Full black out only. I went with Satin black color for everything to try to match the satin black on the truck

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Ford Maverick Tailgate Rear Lettering Inserts / Vinyl / Decals? FinishedNaranjitaTailgate

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vickyfortin1985

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Put on the ebay decal on my truck yesterday! I love the way it pops! It's matte black. We removed the AWD and the dealership crest on the bottom right and we ordered black vinyl to replace the blue oval emblem. We will plastidip the chrome portion of the oval black.
Ford Maverick Tailgate Rear Lettering Inserts / Vinyl / Decals? Resized_20220110_194623

Gr8Mustang

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Digger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux w/360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Although I had done my black out ovals weeks ago, I finally got to do my lettering. It's reflective black. Which is quite trippy. I don't know what I think about them. They turn bright white. Even in the porch light. So I will look out at my tailgate from the house with the porch light on and it looks like the MAVERICK letters are gone. Because reflective white is very similar to metallic orange at night. Not much contrast. If it was a dark colored truck, the reflective would look cool. I may need to re-do it non reflective.

I also added a black EcoBoost emblem on the left, and a custom black AWD emblem on the right. The AWD emblem is 3D printed. Design inspired by the chiseled font of the FX4 decal. You will notice the A looks exactly like the "F" in FX4, mirroring the left and right sides together to make an A. The W is the Maverick "M" turned upside down. And the D is designed in a similar fashion. A guy on Etsy designed it for me.

I also first tried to handpaint the inset EcoBoost lettering and the leaf/highway in CyberOrange. I wanted it to be more readable and have it pop. It did not look high quality half way through and abandoned the idea. I do not have a steady enough hand and it's just too small to mask. Full black out only. I went with Satin black color for everything to try to match the satin black on the truck

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
FinishedNaranjitaTailgate.jpg
Great tip on going non reflective. The black stands out so well on the orange.

Good job!

KimTexas

First Name
Berly Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid - 🌵 Grey

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My girlfriend bought me the carbon fiber design from that seller and it's definitely amazing to look at. Sadly I won't have my truck until about March. 😭

265159500_904352613609334_5601835746894080985_n.jpg
I just got mine in Chrome. I love the raised thick letters...better than the flat ones from Ford OEM.

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I removed the reflective black lettering. Didn't work for what I was wanting to achieve. They turned completely white with any direct lighting. Even during the day. So it would ghost out against the Cyber Orange.

To maintain the contrast, I changed to Matte Black. I chose the puffy raised style. I like the look much better overall. The matte black is more of a satin black. Which I am good with. Because it matches the rest of my black on my tailgate better. And now, day or night, I have the contrast I'm looking for! The raised letters were way easier to install than the thin vinyl lettering. I was able to do the dry method with the raised. Had to do wet with vinyl.

I also added honeycomb smoke tint last weekend to my taillight and 3rd brake/cargo lenses.

Ford Maverick Tailgate Rear Lettering Inserts / Vinyl / Decals? BlackHEXdualUnlit

And below is what my honeycomb tint taillights look like, in case you wondered. Plenty bright with the Alla Lighting LED's. Brake lights are even brighter.
Ford Maverick Tailgate Rear Lettering Inserts / Vinyl / Decals? BlackHEXdualLit

Last edited:

DarthSquatch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux Area 51 confirmed 7/8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Got my ebay ones in and wow had no idea they were such low quality. They are basically the letters you get to put on a boat. Like electrical tape feeling. Had nice raised ones on my f150, looked much more precise and were much easier to put on. Going to get the puffy ones as recommend above. They arrived in time and had no problem with the seller, just not what I was looking for. Will update with the new ones when i get them put on, for anyone interested in the alternative.
Raised Tailgate Decals Stickers Insert Letters Compatible With | Etsy

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got these ABS matte black plastic letters. Surprised it took so long for someone to make a plastic version. I don't like a simple vinyl sticker, nice to have a little height/pop in the recessed lettering on the truck, it adds a little shadowing and texture.

Amazon - Limitless lettering

They also have red and chrome options. I had red (from another amazon seller) on my 2019 Ranger (which was velocity blue), they were slightly deeper which would have been preferable, but I'm happy with these letters on my Cactus Gray!

DarthSquatch

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux Area 51 confirmed 7/8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got these chrome lettering inserts for the Alto Blue from Amazon. These are ABS plastic, NOT decals and they applied very easily and give a bit of 3-D effect. I posted a partially completed install to show how much of a difference they can make.
Ford Maverick Tailgate Rear Lettering Inserts / Vinyl / Decals? IMG_1467

Sponsored