Sponsored

Switching To Long McArthur.... Which Salesman Should I Request?

MrKombi

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Confirmed on phone today, with Ford, that my 10/31/21 XL Hybrid order from Villa Ford Orange, CA is NOT going to be processed/built....

Since I am being pushed to MY23 ....I am switching to Long McArthur.

ZERO communication from Villa Ford throughout the process......and they have a $20,000 markup on every Maverick that they touch.

In my opinion....that is just too tempting to trust them to sell to me at MSRP..... too much incentive for them to NOT sell my order to me upon arrival.

Combined with the fact that they didn't have the allocation on a simple build with no constraints (LOTS of more constrained builds ordered AFTER me getting scheduled and delivered to other dealerships)......all of that has pushed me into jumping ship.

Confirmed that the $2750 credit is transferable to different dealership through "SMART VINCENT".

Who is the best salesman/order-taker at Long McArthur??
Sponsored

Mike215

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Confirmed on phone today, with Ford, that my 10/31/21 XL Hybrid order from Villa Ford Orange, CA is NOT going to be processed/built....

ZERO communication from Villa Ford throughout the process......and they have a $20,000 markup on every Maverick that they touch.

In my opinion....that is just too tempting to trust them to sell to me at MSRP..... too much incentive for them to NOT sell my order to me upon arrival.

Combined with the fact that they didn't have the allocation on a simple build with no constraints (LOTS of more constrained builds ordered AFTER me getting scheduled and delivered to other dealerships)......all of that has pushed me into jumping ship.

Confirmed that the $2750 credit is transferable to different dealership through "SMART VINCENT".

Just reach out to Tim Bartz - he can handle the rest

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
MJ seems like a good dude. Very responsive on FB messenger.

Sponsored

Imanuel0912

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Imanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Accord Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I got my Hybrid FE A51 with Lonnie Smith. He is very communicative from the get go. He even double check if the truck already arrived in my driveway.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Somebody recommended Villa Ford to me before and I made my other reservation through them. But like you, no communications even to this point where we have to convert our orders to my23.

I am cancelling my order with them but I just want to make sure they don't get my truck either.

I don't want take business from Tim since he's been a very imformative and supportive member here in the forum. But if anyone is looking for an honest dealership here in So Cal, reach out to Duarte Ford Advantage and speak to the general manager Zareh.

dlorton0844

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chrysler Town & Country
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Grace is handling my order with Long McArthur. She's responsive and I've already heard from her more in the week since I preordered than the 10 months from the local dealer I had my MY22 order with.

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Somebody recommended Villa Ford to me before and I made my other reservation through them. But like you, no communications even to this point where we have to convert our orders to my23.

I am cancelling my order with them but I just want to make sure they don't get my truck either.

I don't want take business from Tim since he's been a very imformative and supportive member here in the forum. But if anyone is looking for an honest dealership here in So Cal, reach out to Duarte Ford Advantage and speak to the general manager Zareh.
Don’t cancel before you get the private offer

Sponsored

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don, it is a mistake to use a dealer all the way in KS!! Contact Dean at Robbins Ford in Costa Mesa. No games, no dealer add ons, great guy, just msrp. And when the truck is delivered you sign the contract with Dean, not some wizard behind the curtain in the finance dept that tries to upsell ex warranty and pre paid maintenance for a few thousand extra. The hybrid has an 8 year warranty you would probably never get to use an ex warranty anyway.

Last edited:

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don, it is a mistake to use a dealer all the way in KS!! Contact Dean at Robbins Ford in Costa Mesa. No games, no dealer add ons, great guy, just msrp. And when the truck is delivered you sign the contract with Dean, not some wizard behind the curtain in the finance dept that tries to upsell ex warranty and pre paid maintenance for a few thousand extra. The hybrid has an 8 year warranty you would probably never get to use an ex warranty anyway.
Why is it a mistake? You should go to a dealership you know you can trust regardless of where it is located.

My salesman at LM was Jeff. He was fine.

I don't believe Tim handles orders unless you're a member of the LM Crew on YouTube.

James D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why is it a mistake? You should go to a dealership you know you can trust regardless of where it is located.

My salesman at LM was Jeff. He was fine.

I don't believe Tim handles orders unless you're a member of the LM Crew on YouTube.
No matter how big a dealer is, they only have so many allocations. That is why a lot of their orders from last summer never made it to production. No matter how wonderful you may think he is, Tim did his buyers a disservice by not warning them that he did not have enough allocations to handle all of the orders he was sucking up across the country.

I ordered my hybrid from Robins Ford August 2021 and received it in only 4 months in early Dec 2021. If I ordered from LM I bet I would still be waiting.

Robins Ford in Costa Mesa is only about 20 miles from the dealer Don talked about in Villa Park, CA.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No matter how big a dealer is, they only have so many allocations. That is why a lot of their orders from last summer never made it to production. No matter how wonderful you may think he is, Tim did his buyers a disservice by not warning them that he did not have enough allocations to handle all of the orders he was sucking up across the country.

I ordered my hybrid from Robins Ford August 2021 and received it in only 4 months in early Dec 2021. If I ordered from LM I bet I would still be waiting.

Robins Ford in Costa Mesa is only about 20 miles from the dealer Don talked about in Villa Park, CA.
You must be confused. Tim had under 100 that didn't make production. If you had ordered from LM in August of 21, you'd have your truck. I ordered a Maverick from Long McArthur on 12/26/2021 and received it on 4/20/2022 to my house - it was at the dealership a week before that.

Not sure how your experience invalidates mine?

Aza

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When will I get a private offer? Never received any email from Ford
It’s entered in the Ford computer system or “smart vincent.” If your order is canceled before that happens, you won’t get it.
Sponsored