Sponsored

Suspension bracket

Jake 1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford Maverick hybrid
My 2022 Mav hybrid Lariat has a peculiar L-shaped bracket bolted to the frame just behind the left rear tire. It also shows up on the front wheel drive gas models regardless of trim level, but not on the 4 wheel drive version. It doesn't seem to be serving any purpose, was wondering if anyone out there knows why it is there!
Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is it possibly a tie down point?

Watchman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
V12-XJS Jaguar, S10 LS Stepside
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it possibly a tie down point?
Showed it to my uncle who is a retired Ford engineer. He said that is exactly what it is. There only to tie down truck during shipping from Hermosillo to the dealer -- both Rail and Carrier.

NoVaJimmy

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lexus GX 460
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Showed it to my uncle who is a retired Ford engineer. He said that is exactly what it is. There only to tie down truck during shipping from Hermosillo to the dealer -- both Rail and Carrier.
Doesn't really make any sense to me. I'm going to go with what Sandy Munro's team said; that it's probably a safety feature to push the exhaust downward in the event of a rear collision and away from the fuel tank. Only an issue on the hybrid and fwd ecoboost models due to their lack of rear control arms, rear diff and axles. On the hybrid and fwd eco models there's a clear shot over the twist beam suspension to the fuel tank. Eco awd models that is completely blocked. Also, if it was a tie down we would see something similar on the eco models but we don't
Sponsored

Last edited: