FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
First let me say im guilty of this...

Truck Buyers/Comment Trolls/Auto Enthusiast: "Can i go to the local home improvement store & throw some mulch/plywood/flowers/etc... in the bed of it"

Is the equivalent of people on House Hunters: "Look at this deck/patio...i can sit out here & drink my morning coffee/evening glass of wine"

...i will end up doing this maybe once a month if that. Haha.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That is exactly the buyer this vehicle is targeting, IMO. Replacing their lowest cost entry level cars with a 5 passenger vehicle that can occasionally do light duty truck like things with the open bed. Basically giving most low end buyers a choice of small SUV Escape if you want a budget utility people mover, or the open bed for larger items that won't fit in the enclosed space of Escape, and/or you'll need to haul stuff in bad weather parts of the year and it's your only vehicle. Pretty smart marketing I think. That Eco thing is a loser and I'd expect it to be dropped soon after Bronco Sport and Maverick join Escape in mass production and market saturation.

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Future,
Ever since the company I work for switched from minivans and pickup trucks to Dodge Journeys, it's become obvious to me just how much of a PITA it is spending $20 to rent a Menards/Lowes/Home Depot truck to get one $6 sheet of drywall home. Maverick will join the Rangers and Explorers I'm looking at as a future vehicle, depending on what the tow rating and powertrain ends up being.

HRG

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Shit 7 is cheap...can't find that here. I got one as a DD and only the hybrid because it CAN tow 2k. That's two motorcycles and a trailer. Also the bed is nice for hauling tools and the like. If I need to really haul a load the 350 is sitting right there.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order

Truck Buyers/Comment Trolls/Auto Enthusiast: "Can i go to the local home improvement store & throw some mulch/plywood/flowers/etc... in the bed of it"

Is the equivalent of people on House Hunters: "Look at this deck/patio...i can sit out here & drink my morning coffee/evening glass of wine"

Isn’t hope and the joy of planning one of the things that keep us trying though?

I think this is one reason people who win the lottery are statistically less happy 5 years post win than they were before.

the thought that you can do something, even if you never get a round tuit makes us happier.
Ford Maverick Stupid Observation A0515830-BDAA-4DBE-8C63-D18A2B724144

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Lol they always talk about coffee on the porch

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol they always talk about coffee on the porch
I prefer tea, but yeah. Grass is greener and hope keeps on living.

I spent almost a year and 7 surgeries stuck in bed while everyone else was dealing with the original Corona virus (WuTan[g]) flu or Cobalt 19 I also heard the necks call it. I just got tired of looking at the same hospital ceiling and having someone else have to wipe my butt every few hours.

a little bit of dreaming and hope goes a long ways to keeping one sane.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
People often say once you have a truck you find uses for it; it just opens more opportunity that otherwise would have been completely out of your wheelhouse and disregarded. Then again, a lot of people around here get full size trucks and never use them for a damn thing except driving around lol. And squatted trucks... lawd have mercy.

I just want to pick up some baltic birch, move a piece of furniture, buy a heavy ass used 8" jointer, toss the kayaks in the back, and pick up and move around dirty stuff like for yardwork. It was either this truck or buy a Rav4/Outback/Escape and then also purchase and store a trailer somewhere.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People often say once you have a truck you find uses for it; it just opens more opportunity that otherwise would have been completely out of your wheelhouse and disregarded. Then again, a lot of people around here get full size trucks and never use them for a damn thing except driving around lol. And squatted trucks... lawd have mercy.
You mean like the soccer mom with 2 kids in a 4wheel f350 super cab that blocks out the lane visibility to a Mac Truck? Or the same thing on 14 inch rims slammed (in my area we have both except the slammed ones are on hydraulic suspensions and have controlled color under lights)
Sponsored