First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Honestly id rather be on a bike at those speeds. Now im old and reflexes are not what they once were.
Same. So all I have in the garage now is my old 1995 Ducati 900SS SP. A nice, old, slow, air-cooled, 2-valve-per-cylinder twin. It keeps me safe from forgetting how old I really am. :geek:
Sponsored

MavFromTheDead

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Same. So all I have in the garage now is my old 1995 Ducati 900SS SP. A nice, old, slow, air-cooled, 2-valve-per-cylinder twin. It keeps me safe from forgetting how old I really am. :geek:
I miss my M1000SIE.

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yeah, your old "slow" motorcycle is a lot like my old "slow" Piper Cub airplane... It doesn't fly very fast or very far - just enough to kill you if you aren't careful!

I quit riding motorcycles when I finally realized that it would likely not be MY speed that would kill me, but the speed of the idiot who hit me because "he didn't see that motorcycle..." Still miss riding, though! Almost broke down and bought an old '60's era Triumph 650 from the widow of a friend of mine. Fortunately for me, one of the kids decided they wanted to keep it as a reminder of good times with "Pops."

Crance

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

desmobob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Almost broke down and bought an old '60's era Triumph 650 from the widow of a friend of mine. Fortunately for me, one of the kids decided they wanted to keep it as a reminder of good times with "Pops."
I said my trusty old Ducati was my only motorcycle, and I sort of fibbed. I have a 1969 Triumph Daytona hard-tail springer chopper basket case in the basement. :sneaky:

My very first street bike was a Bonneville. I am always tempted to find a nice vintage example to ride, and then I remember the love-hate relationship I had with that machine. I'm better off just enjoying the good memories and letting selective forgetting take care of the bad ones...
Sponsored