Sponsored

I’m dreaming of Ford offering a six speed manual with my 2.0 eco-boost Maverick…

Vtec87pr1

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

You could do your own manual swap if you have fwd with a focus St transmission . MYbe

KidsTaxiService

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick Hybrid 🛸 Area 51 🛸
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As an elder millennial who misses driving manuals, I would love that! My first 2 vehicles were manuals (mostly because they were the most affordable options) but man they were fun to drive! Even though I’m loving the smoothness of driving the hybrid, I always talk to my husband about getting an old manual ranger to bomb around the backroads in and do a little sideways driving. One can dream!

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
Florence to Tuscany = Belissimo! I hope while in Florence you took time to see the statue of David and the lesser known architectural marvel of Brunelleschi's Dome. If not, next trip and of course you will reserve a stick, right? :)
I thought Seinfeld and the Maestro established there's 'nothing available in Tuscany '

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Well I can dream can’t I? The automatic works just fine in normal mode, even better in sport mode, but ultimately it completely saps the driving experience for us performance aficionados where a manual transmission would absolutely be brilliant with this truck. I think Ford is missing the boat by not offering one but I do understand probably not a lot of people would take them up on it to make it worth their while.
Last night I watched the Nick Cage weird guy in my dream movie. This post reminds me of that. Just a Maverick Tremor sitting there with a 6spd. But the doors are locked and the code is wrong, and there isnt a spot on the door handle for the key to go into. The truck just sits there. I can see the shifter, but I cant get in the truck. And then Nicolas Cage pops up and murders me. Brutally.

Sponsored

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Wonder if it would be a doable reality at least for the FWD 2.0 to swap the Focus tranny in?
I have a 2003 Grand Cherokee 2WD with a 4.0. I have thought of finding the 5 Speed offered behind some plain Cherokees and put it in, except first gear in those is kind of a granny gear. I would want street gears. Guess I could see about stuffing a warmed up non-computer Chrysler 383 with a manual in their!
You will be more than happy with a AX15.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You will be more than happy with a AX15.
I know I would, but the cost from reman (1700 ) or new from Novak (2100) plus then flywheel, bellhousing, clutch, etc, and trying to find clutch pedal and all linkage from a (rare) standard tranny v8 Grand Cherokee ... the cost would be double just getting an auto from reman (2,000)

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I know I would, but the cost from reman (1700 ) or new from Novak (2100) plus then flywheel, bellhousing, clutch, etc, and trying to find clutch pedal and all linkage from a (rare) standard tranny v8 Grand Cherokee ... the cost would be double just getting an auto from reman (2,000)
I live in the most isolated used auto parts market around, even here I found a good used one in a parts vehicle for $600 total. Yeah it wouldnt be new but a new clutch, a new shifter, and new fluid should give any manual alot of life. Also manuals are fairly simple to rebuild and kits for that are cheap. It just depends on what you really want. Putting in a new auto you are also likely going to need some lines, maybe a new cooler. Fluid isnt cheap either. Then there is the converter. It all adds up.

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'd buy a manual Mav in 2 seconds. I love being involved when driving. I still turn in my seat and look back when in reverse. Heck,I've paralled parked F150s and Expeditions in NYC/Brooklyn. No problem. There is too much emphasis on easy...I call it brainless.

Gonzo chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti g35 coupe, VW Golf
Engine
Undecided
I'd buy a manual Mav in 2 seconds. I love being involved when driving. I still turn in my seat and look back when in reverse. Heck,I've paralled parked F150s and Expeditions in NYC/Brooklyn. No problem. There is too much emphasis on easy...I call it brainless.
I love driving a manual transmission but I think the emphasis on easy is just natural. I mean I've never churned my own butter and I'm sure if you went back a couple hundred years people would find that lazy. You know buying all that in the store, adjusting the temperature in your house would a thermostat rather than how much coal you shovel into the hopper..... I think a manual is great for those who enjoy it.

Sponsored

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I pretty much only use by backup camera in my Mav to see if I am squared away when backing into a parking spot. Otherwise use all three mirrors and looking back.

Dudley

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I live in the most isolated used auto parts market around, even here I found a good used one in a parts vehicle for $600 total. Yeah it wouldnt be new but a new clutch, a new shifter, and new fluid should give any manual alot of life. Also manuals are fairly simple to rebuild and kits for that are cheap. It just depends on what you really want. Putting in a new auto you are also likely going to need some lines, maybe a new cooler. Fluid isnt cheap either. Then there is the converter. It all adds up.
Oh, I am sure here in Indianapolis I could find one at a u pull it, but at 75 years of age pulling the engine out of my grand to then attach everything, and the reality of probably having to modify/fabricate a trans cross member, well, those days are in the past for me. Can't afford to get it done by someone else.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh, I am sure here in Indianapolis I could find one at a u pull it, but at 75 years of age pulling the engine out of my grand to then attach everything, and the reality of probably having to modify/fabricate a trans cross member, well, those days are in the past for me. Can't afford to get it done by someone else.
Used to be a guy over in Ohio who worked for pizza, but I moved to Hawaii :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored