Sponsored

So, you've ordered. Do you have concerns?

Shecster

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1930 Model A Ford - 1971 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the basic Maverick concept is possibly the best work I've seen by Ford in a long time. The assembly of this vehicle falls squarely on Ford's shoulders and should receive the highest priority. That said outsourcing parts can also come back to haunt you and are tougher to track when there is a issue with so many participating vendors supplying parts. Ole Henry Ford was dedicated to keeping things simple and under one roof(River Rouge) and was the ultimate micro-manager, I'm not sure this isn't a good idea in the long run.

Entering the 5th grade in 1964, I was treated to something I'll never forget. I went to a school with only 30 year veterans for teachers. Upon walking in the classroom that Fall, something happened, the Teacher was not present so we all were basically goofing off, looking out the 2nd store window at the traffic below. That's when a beautiful new, blue 64-1/2 Mustang convertible w/ white top(down) and interior pulled up and parallel parked in front of the school. A gorgeous, tall young lady, climbed out, dressed in a plaid Mini-skirt. OMG, do you know how low the Mustang convertibles were? About 10 minutes later, guess who walked into our classroom and introduced herself as our new Teacher? Geeze, it was going to be a great school year! It was.
Whoa there motoretro....... !
Fun story about the Mustang and your new school marm..... that makes us about the same age knocking around in some great cars and fun times. I hope the little Maverick lands in our garage and we can create more memories with this Ford.
Sponsored

asel3121

First Name
Asel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Engine
Undecided
Right now my main concern is performance. I don't know if the 191hp hybrid is gonna be enough. I don't race or drive like a maniac over the speed limit, but I'm in south Florida and, let's be honest, there are a lot of idiots on the road you need to pass. Are hybrids capable of real performance upgrades?

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
Right now my main concern is performance. I don't know if the 191hp hybrid is gonna be enough. I don't race or drive like a maniac over the speed limit, but I'm in south Florida and, let's be honest, there are a lot of idiots on the road you need to pass. Are hybrids capable of real performance upgrades?
I had a 2020 Toyota Avalon (2.5l w/215 HP) and traded it for a 2021 Lexus ES300h (2.5l w/215 HP), BOTH Hybrids. I am a speed demon. When I made the decision to purchase a Hybrid I turned a new leaf. I decided to make a conscious decision to drive the posted speed limit, and I do 98% of the time. I do go a little faster driving on the interstate highways.

Having said all that, had to set the stage, I typically keep the drive setting at Eco Mode and I have PLENTY of power to do anything I need to do. If I put it in Sport Mode, look out, you have more power than you'll ever need. Your gas mileage won't be all that great but it's still better than a regular gas engine.

While it is the same 2.5l engine, the HP is a little less in the Maverick. But with it having Eco and Sport mode, I don't see any issues.

You have to understand why you are buying a Hybrid. The Hybrid will ONLY get the mileage advertised or that you want if you DON"T drive it like a regular engine, foot in the carb's in other words. That was my reason for buying a Hybrid. I'm 66 going on 67, I no longer have the need for speed. I want to arrive alive whenever I get behind the wheel without having to pad the coffers of the local cop shop.

Hope this helps.

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don’t think there are any performance upgrades without screwing up the hybrid system. If you really want performance over mileage you’d better consider the Ecoboost.

joeboxer22

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Honda Civic
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not having any concerns ordering the XLT hybrid. I have been driving a 2017 Fusion hybrid for the past three years and can say that I have been pleasantly surprised. I was a Camry owner for the last 10 years but I couldn't find what I was looking for when I wanted to trade. For some unknown reason I test drove a used Fusion hybrid. 100k miles later with no issues makes this truck a comfortable choice. I'm 65 and this truck checks all the boxes. If it can handle the PA winters like the Fusion does I'll be happy.
How was the fusion hybrid for reliability and drivability?

Sponsored

bradFORD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I'm retired now and never would buy the first year of any auto before but now I have ordered a hybrid Maverick because I have loved my old 04 Ranger. I pray that FORD has proven the powertrain for this vehicle. I call it a crossover with a bed!!! I need a dependable vehicle that I can back my rear into the seat without climbing in or out in the seat.

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 1998 f150 weighed more and had 200-220 herspers....you will be fine. My wifes Nissan has a whopping and mind numbing ONE HUNDRED AND NINE herspers and we do just fine on the intrastate.

dicchicora

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey All, I finally put my order, a hybrid Lariat Lux, in, and had it confirmed 21 Jul.

Do any of you have nagging questions about what we're getting? Anybody else concerned about what corners were cut to get the entry price point so low?

Mea Culpa! My only concern was a phantom! Ty bschurman!

Overall, the Maverick still checks all the boxes for me, and I'm taking delivery of mine, unless there are major concerns that bubble-up between now and Dec/Jan (or later).

What about the rest of you? Anything cooling your feet at all?
My only concern is how I will actually fit in it. I'm a big boy... So, if it's not comfortable for me to drive, especially long distance, that will be a deal breaker. I've looked at the interior dimensions of the Mav and compared them with my Subaru Forester, and they're very similar, with the Mav having a little extra space up front. Other than that, the Mav has everything I want in a vehicle right now (all the bells and whistles and creature comforts). I've seen one in person, but there were so many other people checking it out, its kinda weird trying to really check it out. Can't wait until I can drive my own build and really see if I'm going to like it...

Mikey

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FE Maverick 1966 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Noted and thank you. I had a 1965 Mustang 2+2 Fastback that was built on July 5,1965. The day after the 4th, so it had its own Ford issues as it was probably assembled by hung over guys, last minute fill in personnel and the mix made for an interesting machine. Loved it and yes I wish I still had it!
You make a solid point as we now have a myriad of information sources that provide a solid tracking platform to measure the quality of products.
Hopefully the new Ford rigs get through the teething pains and find solid footing for a long production run ✔
Be well -

Sponsored

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You might be able to ‘install’ a Pedal Commander. I had one on my 2.4l Jeep Renegade and for a platform without a tune available it met my needs. Definitely was more than just advancing WOT as some think it only does.

lagrene

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Milton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey All, I finally put my order, a hybrid Lariat Lux, in, and had it confirmed 21 Jul.

Do any of you have nagging questions about what we're getting? Anybody else concerned about what corners were cut to get the entry price point so low?

Overall, the Maverick still checks all the boxes for me, and I'm taking delivery of mine, unless there are major concerns that bubble-up between now and Dec/Jan (or later).

My concern is will my dealer live up to the deal or put the screws to me. Dealer sold to another Ford dealer!
Sponsored