So Cal discounts?

awesomedeedee

First Name
Deedee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Sunrise Ford, Sunland Ford were not honoring the Xplan. i ended up ordering from Long McArthur in Salina KS. Will fly out and drive back in new Maverick making stops to visit friends in TX and AZ on the way back home.
Oh What do you mean by that? I ordered from Sunrise Ford on 6/23 and got an Order Summary that shows the MSRP price. Mine hasn't scheduled for build yet. What's Xplan? Can you fill me in?
Sponsored

Turbo Walrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Ford Mustang, 05 WRX STi, 99 Tacoma, 04 Vette
Good to know. I have my order placed at Penske Ford in La Mesa. I have my order build sheet but I'm unsure if they will try to mark it up somehow.
I literally just ordered my Maverick yesterday at Penske Ford La Mesa. Went to El Cajon Ford first and they basically brushed me off. Penske was super helpful. I use to sell cars as well as be a Service Advisor for Volvo 10+ years ago. I didn't get a chance to ask about Costco program but I will before I sign everything.

SoupFiend

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Ford ranger, 09 Honda civic
I bought a couple Rangers (1987, 1993) from Penske Ford back when it was called Drew Ford when I still lived in San Diego. How do they treat people nowadays? Old man Drew was a straight shooter, but his son was a tool and things changed when he took over.
They were really nice there. I dealt with Mark Webb and he was nice and didn't seem pushy or annoying at all. He didn't know as much about the truck as I had hoped but I tend to over research things.

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Oh What do you mean by that? I ordered from Sunrise Ford on 6/23 and got an Order Summary that shows the MSRP price. Mine hasn't scheduled for build yet. What's Xplan? Can you fill me in?
Dude! I ordered from Sunrise Ford as well. Saul Lopez, our rep, is a very nice guy.

X-Plan is a special discount given usually if you work for Ford or are related to them somehow. There's ways to get an X-Plan without it though. You can hold Ford stock for 6 months. Certain organizations and clubs offer it. Easiest one to join is the Mustang Club of America. You have to be a Digital or Standard Member for 3 months:

https://mustang.org/about/benefits/

I signed up a couple months ago. I think if you sign up now you can still make the 3 month period before your truck ships unless you already have a scheduled build date. When I last talked to Saul at Sunrise he said they would honor X-Plan. I'd just need the PIN when we were ready to make the purchase.

darrink

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
porsche
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey,

I notice people saying "We'll see when we hit the finance department." But on the original Maverick builder page it had specific interest rates for whichever term of loan you choose. Does the finance department not have to honor that same rate? I ask because I was going to plan on paying off the truck at the very low interest rate on the site in 3 or 5 years. But now I'm concerned I reserve a truck and finance comes up with some higher interest rate and if I bawk they just get to keep the truck?

Thoughts?

Sponsored

OC-D

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went with Norm Reeves/Cerritos F&L. Checked online for volume sales and also Yelp reviews and they were the highest I noticed in my area. Asked some sales guys about x-plan and they said it was being honored. Ordered via build & price and they reached out fairly quick (I had put 2 reservations online and heard nothing from 2 area dealers). So far they’ve been quick on responding to my request with one exception (coordinator was on vacation so no biggie) and also every indication to my question about x-plan has been it will be honored. Not a huge savings but it guards from mark up.

TheGriffin1313

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav, 05 M3, 07GSXR
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
North County Ford is where I placed my order on 8-22.
This will be my 3rd vehicle purchase from this dealer.
They better not play games with me as I can easy turn to Mr Hide in a snap of a finger. :devilish:

OhLeo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Solara, Mav on order
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered from Ford of Ventura today, very nice people and zero dealer markup, sticker plus tax and license.
Sadly I don't expect to see it until spring.

Doob

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Ordered mine for msrp at Advantage Ford Lincoln in Duarte. Pretty sure I can still get the $750 college grad discount so that’ll be nice, pays for the FX4

Pmwusmc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered mine from Raceway Ford in Riverside. XL Hybrid 8/20, production scheduled 11/22. They show Mavericks on the web at $2500 dealer addon. So I asked if they plan on doing that to my order. They replied:
Custom orders are sold at MSRP, you will see a markup on the website in the event that the person that orders the unit doesn't buy it
there will be a markup to the next buyer . Please be assured that if you order you will pay MSRP as agreed.

Fritz Ford advertised MSRP for retail orders also. I think MSRP is not bad at all considering the state of vehicle purchasing in the present market. Yes I bought a new Nissan Titan 4x4 in 2009 for 22k from Woodhouse in Omaha and thought I stole it when I left the dealership. But those days are gone for sure.

Sponsored

papak

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordered mine from South Bay Ford in Hawthorne. MSRP plus tax & tags.

LeersMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Maximus GP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PriusV, Sonata PHEV, F-50 Mavrick Lariat Hybrid FE
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Discount? From Southern CA dealers??
No dealer in the country (let alone So Cal) will discount a Maverick first year out?
It's too hot for any type of MSRP discount.

advhawk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Triumph Street Twin, BMW G650 X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Discount? From Southern CA dealers??
No dealer in the country (let alone So Cal) will discount a Maverick first year out?
It's too hot for any type of MSRP discount.
Ford Store Morgan Hill a bit further north proactively offered a $250 discount off MSRP. I did not even ask for it. Glad to give them my business. I intend to use X Plan to bring that down a bit further.

DeadWolves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Clubs

Anybody receive their Maverick from Star Ford in Glendale? Wondering if there was any dealer markup when you took delivery. Mine is being built right now with projected delivery at the end of month and want to know what to expect.

SoupFiend

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Ford ranger, 09 Honda civic
I literally just ordered my Maverick yesterday at Penske Ford La Mesa. Went to El Cajon Ford first and they basically brushed me off. Penske was super helpful. I use to sell cars as well as be a Service Advisor for Volvo 10+ years ago. I didn't get a chance to ask about Costco program but I will before I sign everything.
Any update for you? My build date is the week of Feb 14 so I'm assuming it'll be here in March. I saw Penske Ford had 2 mavs on the lot (ecoboost models) each with a 5k markup. Was nice to see the car in person finally
Sponsored