First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I put in my reservation for a new Maverick on July 6th. Ford sent me a confirmation. I forwarded it to the Fort Walton Beach dealer. I was informed that they would contact me when they started excepting Maverick orders. I finally got tired of waiting so I went to the dealer today to order a Maverick but he wanted 10% above cost. I have an appointment with Hub City Ford tomorrow but they are out of quotas and I go to the back of the line. Why would a fine company like Ford send me to a dealer who is jacking up the price and not being upfront with a longtime Ford customer? I can understand when a dealer buys a vehicle for the lot, they can charge whatever, but not when the customer orders the vehicle and Ford has gone to such great lengths to advertise the cost of the new vehicle. Ford should only allocate quotas to fair dealers.

Update:
I/we placed our order with Crestview Ford on November 9th with a $1,000 down. Ford informed us that the Maverick has now been built and it shipped on February 16. We are waiting for delivery and pestering the dealership every day for an update. It's a carbonized grey with the 2.0 engine and with the 360 option. We left off many options that we felt would keep the truck from being built. We may in the future order another Maverick (hybrid) with all of the options that my wife would like. I like the way Ford has kept us informed at every stage of the build. Maybe in a few days, we will have our Maverick. Fingers crossed
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bigronron

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus rx350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed my order on 8/25 at AutoNation Ford Tustin (Orange County). The sales agent said there isn’t any markups (which is great) and there had been 49 orders which doesn’t seem like a lot to me being in SoCal. Especially since the news outlets say the majority of orders were in California/Texas/and Florida.
I’m late to the game but hopefully they get production going and there isn’t any snags along the way!

BARTMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Ford doesn't have much, if any, control over what dealers can ask for a vehicle. MSRP is only a suggestion as to what the dealer should charge. Some dealers are easier to deal with then others and It pays to shop around for the best price you can get.

PriusHater

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rocketstem.org
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Call Moyer Ford in Foley, Ala. as they have no markup and are just a few miles across the state line west of Pensacola.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLUE

JLUE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think Ford doesn't have much, if any, control over what dealers can ask for a vehicle. MSRP is only a suggestion as to what the dealer should charge. Some dealers are easier to deal with then others and It pays to shop around for the best price you can get.

OP
OP
JLUE

JLUE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, I will do that.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
This is gamesmanship by a dealer. If they wanted to place an order for you, they could have. Currently, it is a seller’s market, and they have the leverage.

FORD likely chose the nearest dealer to your location. However, you can shop around and find a dealer that is willingly to place your order based on whatever deal you make. I would check out a few DORAs on this forum FIRST because they have the INVOICE prices listed on them. This can help with establishing your deal.

OP
OP
JLUE

JLUE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is gamesmanship by a dealer. If they wanted to place an order for you, they could have. Currently, it is a seller’s market, and they have the leverage.

FORD likely chose the nearest dealer to your location. However, you can shop around and find a dealer that is willingly to place your order based on whatever deal you make. I would check out a few DORAs on this forum FIRST because they have the INVOICE prices listed on them. This can help with establishing your deal.
Thanks James, I am doing that now.

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

When you fill out the pre-order, it defaults to the nearest dealer. But you can expand the range and choose any dealer you want.

You could just blast every one around you and see what they offer.

If that fails, there's the three on this forum and CD.

Sponsored

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There are laws that prevent a company for imposing at target price for sales at distributor that in this case are the dealerships. The main company cannot set a max price a distributor should sell the product nor the minimum price they can only set the recommended price that is the MSRP in the automotive industry. these laws are true for cars, software...

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
There are laws that prevent a company for imposing at target price for sales at distributor that in this case are the dealerships. The main company cannot set a max price a distributor should sell the product nor the minimum price they can only set the recommended price that is the MSRP in the automotive industry. these laws are true for cars, software...
Firearms cannot be advertised for a lower price than MSRP without potentially losing their warranty. This may be the exception, buts it is one of the reasons we used a particular distributor when I was an FFL, they provided their own warranty.
Sponsored