First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I tried using slippery mode in the snow but noticed that there's way less regen as compared to eco mode. At first I thought something was wrong as I needed to use more brake pedal effort than I was used to.
Depends on how you drive your hybrid. In slippery you can coast further giving the option of reducing the energy conversion loss of storing and retrieving from the HVB. The reduced Regen which occurs only using the front tires will help to prevent the rear from trying to pass the front off truck both on wet and icy road.
Sponsored

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that actually makes a lot of sense to me, because the regen might be strong enough that you could lock up and slide. ABS would not matter if that did happen because the regeneration doesn't use brakes.
Regen and brakes share the stopping when the HVB cannot accept the amperage that Regen along with engine braking if its possible or not. Note that Regen current to HVB is stopped when SOC is near 72%. (Ford apparently is actually trying to keep the HVB SOC between 20-80% to maximize its warranted health).

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
AWD is automatic, there is no enabling or disabling it. Unlike 4WD, AWD will engage in a millisecond after detecting a slip, and remain on if needed. As stated, this becomes less necessary at speed when front wheel drive generally kicks back in.
AWD is balancing of torque between all 4 wheels individually. On FWD (maybe even on 4WD when operating in 2WD mode) think of adding negative torque with varying brake pressure to an individual rear wheel or for that matter even a front wheel to slow down rpm if needed. (Easy peasy slippery control add torque here subtract torque there).

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I am very impressed with slippery mode. I was impressed after the first winter last year and remain so after a recent brutal shot of winter weather returned to Northeast Ohio.

RLmesc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Kia Sportage, 05 Porsche Boxster S, 85 Kawasaki
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have had a couple days of snow here in Iowa. But I usually cut off traction control (I get up hills way better on my own) and the slippery modes and use SPORT, but that is just me. In real deep and unpacked snow, I will allow the computer to decide most times, but I've done HPDE, Drifting, Trail Riding, CLUB Racing, Autocross and I love the challenge of winter and My EQUIPMENT! On the street, experience beats equipment EVERYTIME.

Sponsored

garnermike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An Outback, an Ioniq, a Corvette, a Fiat Spider
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm in North Carolina, and except for during heavy rainstorms, I have little need to use Slippery mode. The number of days with slick roads due to ice/frost/snow are minimal.
That said, I use Slippery mode for city/surburban driving all the time. It improves MPG over Normal mode, for sure. If I'll be doing interstate hwy driving, I'll use ECO mode. But Slippery is easily the MPG equal of Eco (if not superior to) in mixed driving.