Sponsored

Should I look into it more with salesman?

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So long story first made short... Lol
Didn't order till Jan 22/22.. Reson is I wanted to test drive one before ordering. Didn't test drive one till end of Nov in 21... With some hem and hawing/ then Christmass and getting a bad cold( thought it was covid but tested neg twice) then alot of overtime at work didn't get around to ordering till Jan 22/22... Dealer salesman ( witch is the sales manager) said that prob won't reciv till late fall/ mostlikely pushed to a my23.. Then 2 days after ordering ford announced on Jan 24th that ordering will close on Jan 27th

So I had been watching a couple of podcast from the @timthefordguy.. Saying you can have a confirmed order but that it might not be a ford approved order set in queue to be scheduled for production.. And one reason it might not be ford approved is that if the address on the order placed is diff. Then you copy of your driver's license. Which is my case DL is Wisconsin's and had just bought a new house in IL. ( I live right on the border of the 2...) in Sept.. Just haven't changes my license yet..

So when I was at the the dealership about a month ago paying for some service on my truck.. Seen my salesman/manager in passing and just asked him about the DL and the Ford approvel of the confirmed order.. And that they said online about it could hold up the approval and should I switch my DL and bring it by so they can update my info for the order... He told I had didn't have to rush to switch it over and all of their mav.. Orders have a approved status and just waiting to be scheduled..
Also ladt week on Friday I did receive the blanket email ford sent out about sorry for the wait we are still working of them... Lol

Should I look into with the sales man and verify that it is a approved order...

I live within 1hr of 3 large cities Madison, WI. Milwaukee, WI.. And Chicago, IL
I'm half wondering if when the order Banks open back up for the my23.. That I should get the wife to order one in a larger market dealership. If my22 is punshed to a my23... Part of me thinks a new my23 order in a larger dealership in a bigger market... Might get produced before a my22 order that is pushed to a my23...
Orderd a 2.0 xlt with lux and fx4 in alto blue
Sponsored

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you sign anything at a dealership? Did you get a signed dora? Have you contacted ford marketing to confirm your order?

OP
OP

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Did you sign anything at a dealership? Did you get a signed dora? Have you contacted ford marketing to confirm your order?
Yes I did sign at the dealership and placed a deposit.
Not sure what the dora is and have not contacted ford marketing...
The day I placed the order at the dealership on Saturday 1/22/22 they had a new mav parked out front from a customer order.. And the salesman said it was the first mav they had received from a order and the gentleman was coming is later that day for the pick up.. So I kinda would belive that they had/have been placing in the orders correctly

OP
OP

Timaysz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford explorer sport trac
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry also I did receive a copy of the signed order that was placed.. Is that the dora u had mentioned? Also have the receipt for the deposit

jalbano2

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux, EB , 4k , FX4 , Moonroof
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sorry also I did receive a copy of the signed order that was placed.. Is that the dora u had mentioned? Also have the receipt for the deposit
D-dealer
O-order
R-receipt
A-acknowledgement.
Search this site it has the information that fully explains. Also many Dealers are not the knowledgeable and or truthful.
Sponsored