Selling my maverick?

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Long story short, looks like we’ll be downsizing at work. After 11 years of being an employee I’m part of the wave, I believe. My Maverick is our third car, the only one with a payment. If this happens, that means I’d obviously need to look at selling the Maverick, pending a new job. I’ve talked to a couple dealers and they only want to talk if I’m trading it in for another car. Don’t need another car. Any advice? Are there dealers that are buying used Mavericks?
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Carmax or Carvana.

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Carvana offered me msrp plus taxes and fees on mine. So you should be able to get out without taking a loss pretty easily. Or sell one of the cars and pay off the mav and keep it.

James St. Patrick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD MAVERICK Velocity Blue Ecoboost AWD
Zroom is another online buyer. Hope things work out for your job or new job???

Sponsored

OP
OP

mcm2839

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Appreciate the advice everyone!
Haven’t had a car payment in years, first time I get one Bam! I don’t want to part with my Maverick but all things considered, I want to use my savings on survival vs another vehicle. Just looking at my options!

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Also rodo.com can purchase your car.
Non sure of your exact situation but as others suggested selling one of the other vehicles is also an option. old vehicle need repair too and you get good $ these days.

Mavhead

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan versa
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd mark it up a few thousand and try to make a little bit off it.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Maybe you should post the window sticker here and ask for offers above MSRP?

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you need to keep the Tundra in your sig? I’m a tundra fan but they are incredibly hard on gas. The 5.7 iForce extended cab 2012 I’ve driven a bunch barely gets 10-12mpg on a good day, maybe the 4.6 is better but it’s a heavy truck. Granted it’s a great truck but I don’t foresee gas getting cheaper anytime soon.

Given the insanity of the used car market, the 2015 you have unless it has a boat ton of miles might be worth enough to sell to Carvana, Vroom or Carmax and pay off the Maverick outright. If things are going to get tight, it would save some money on gas, maybe insurance too potentially plus have a warranty vs the tundra that doesn’t unless you have an extended warranty at this point.

If you really use the Tundra, especially for work and live somewhere with often severe weather that the Maverick may not make it, I’d lean towards selling the Maverick but if it’s being used more like a car, it’s worth a thought to sell.

Good luck on the job search, always hurts to see posts like this so I hope everything works out for yourself and your family.

Sponsored

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Haven’t had a car payment in years, first time I get one Bam! I don’t want to part with my Maverick but all things considered, I want to use my savings on survival vs another vehicle. Just looking at my options!
Well, assuming you get a new job which in this market should be pretty easy since no one wants to work...you may not need to sell a all.

Chicora

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
PW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy S-10
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hard choices to make but it sounds like you are battening down the hatches so you can thrive another day. May your wisdom be well rewarded.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sell it and take advantage of this weird phenomenon that favors used cars.
Then down the line, when things are back on track, get yourself the hybrid version!

jtpc2021

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Long story short, looks like we’ll be downsizing at work. After 11 years of being an employee I’m part of the wave, I believe. My Maverick is our third car, the only one with a payment. If this happens, that means I’d obviously need to look at selling the Maverick, pending a new job. I’ve talked to a couple dealers and they only want to talk if I’m trading it in for another car. Don’t need another car. Any advice? Are there dealers that are buying used Mavericks?
Definitely Vroom or Carvana. I’ve sold cars to both with no issues. Always get top-dollar.
Sponsored