Hoagus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 Ranger, ‘22 Mav XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Glad to see you got your caps-lock key unstuck.
Sponsored

MattyG

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav 2.0 AWD, Lariat Lux, FX4, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello,

I have a Ford Maverick Ecoboost XL and have never had a problem with any seats in any vehicle... however, the ford maverick seats have been super painful for me and can't understand why. I sit with my legs out pretty wide and I believe it is due to the side bolstering on the seats being buldged out and really hard foam. I have tried 6 different seat cushions and none help. It is really impeding on the experience of my Ford maverick. Has anyone else had this problem? and know a fix? Please don't comment if you are just going to say it is comfortable for you as that doesn't help my issue. Thank you
My Lariat has the most comfortable seats ive ever had. And ive taken 3, 13 hour trips between Phoenix and Winter Park, CO. More comfortable than my 2014 Bimmer 328i

Maveriac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT AWD, Ford F150 Lariat 4WD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I started having left leg pain regardless of which vehicle I was driving or riding in.
A chiropractor told me to move my wallet to a front pocket. I did that and my pain disappeared.
Maybe I have too much money in my wallet?

BluegrassNbass

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I started having left leg pain regardless of which vehicle I was driving or riding in.
A chiropractor told me to move my wallet to a front pocket. I did that and my pain disappeared.
Maybe I have too much money in my wallet?
Spend more on you then. Problem solved.

Grand Nat.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Stingray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The XL doesn't have the lumbar adjustment I assume. That comes with the luxury package .Try some support behind your lower back and get some memory foam sit on and see if you feel better.

Sponsored

OP
OP
leejust

leejust

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hello,

I have a Ford Maverick Ecoboost XL and have never had a problem with any seats in any vehicle... however, the ford maverick seats have been super painful for me and can't understand why. I sit with my legs out pretty wide and I believe it is due to the side bolstering on the seats being buldged out and really hard foam. I have tried 6 different seat cushions and none help. It is really impeding on the experience of my Ford maverick. Has anyone else had this problem? and know a fix? Please don't comment if you are just going to say it is comfortable for you as that doesn't help my issue. Thank you
@Ford Motor Company - If you can help me figure out a solution to this issue I am facing, I would be extremely grateful... I have sit in many car seats over my life and none have ever hurt. I bought this Ford Maverick as my first new car/ford branded car and I cant imagine that the Ford Maverick is supposed to be this painful to drive... other have said that they don't feel pain, so I am wondering if there is an issue with my specific Maverick? This truck has less than 1000 miles and I am a pretty young person at 28 years old at about 190 pounds. All the pain is in the left side of my bottom (I PUT MY WALLET IN FRONT POCKET). I come out with bruising pain after 20 minutes of driving. I am wondering if something in the seat frame is out of place causing this pain? Maybe poking through from underneath? After closer inspection, I dont think it is the side bolstering that is causing most of this pain as it is the actual seat itself.. is there a way we can work with someone that can help check my seat? Please help as I want to love this truck.... Thank you.

Last edited:

dcs12345

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Have you let someone else sit in it for a long time period to see if it hurts their ass too?

Shakesbear

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
J. R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat AWD, FX4, 4K, Lux, no CP360 assist
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@Ford Motor Company - If you can help me figure out a solution to this issue I am facing, I would be extremely grateful... I have sit in many car seats over my life and none have ever hurt. I bought this Ford Maverick as my first new car/ford branded car and I cant imagine that the Ford Maverick is supposed to be this painful to drive... other have said that they don't feel pain, so I am wondering if there is an issue with my specific Maverick? This truck has less than 1000 miles and I am a pretty young person at 28 years old at about 190 pounds. All the pain is in the left side of my bottom (I PUT MY WALLET IN FRONT POCKET). I come out with bruising pain after 20 minutes of driving. I am wondering if something in the seat frame is out of place causing this pain? Maybe poking through from underneath? After closer inspection, I dont think it is the side bolstering that is causing most of this pain as it is the actual seat itself.. is there a way we can work with someone that can help check my seat? Please help as I want to love this truck.... Thank you.
I'd check for some drug contraband hidden in the seat disguised as a seat bolster cushion. Seriously! Is it really that much stiffer than the right side bolster? How does it compare to the passenger seat bolsters ? Mine are not stiff at all. The other thing you might think about is to see your doctor to make sure you don't have a health issue with your hip. I know you're young, but hip/leg problems are not just for old people ;) I wish you luck!

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

Hello,

I love my seats, sorry there not working for you.

ShadowChas

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Are there any other mavericks that you are able to sit in just to verify it’s just your seat. I really thought all trim levels were the same seats just different covers/materials and power on lariat or lux package but same seat 🤷‍♂️. For sure you shouldn’t be keeping it that way. Best of luck with your search.

unlimited

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heidi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm 6'2" 250 lbs and found the driver's seat to be rather uncomfortable for the first 4-5000 miles due to the side bolsters on the seat bottom. Eventually these soften and conform to your rear. The seat gets better with time but I would still love a lumbar bladder. I would like to see Ford offer a power seat in every trim. I would have gladly spent several hundred more for that.
Same! Also let us add electric to passenger seat.
Sponsored