First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Elantra SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
One of the main issues I have while sitting in these Mavs (I don't have one yet, waiting, have an XLT being built at the end of the month) is that the seats seem uncomfortable to me. Like they are just way too hard. My wife has a Kia Telluride and I have a Hyundai Elantra and the seats are way more comfortable. I tested the Hyundai Santa Cruz and it's also very comfortable. I'm seriously leaning on going with the Santa Cruz even though I don't really like the exterior looks of it as well and the cost is more. But comfort is important. My XLT black appearance package with co-pilot 360 is $30k. And I won't have to spend extra money to make it any better (besides tinting). For the Santa Cruz, it's more expensive already and I'd have to try some things to make it look a little better like better wheels/beefier tires, lift, fender flares. So it's tough for me to want to do that.

With all that said, has anyone put on some seat covers that have a little bit of extra padding and it actually helped? Coverking has several and a set that claims to add a bunch of comfort but I don't want to spend $500 on seat covers and it really doesn't do anything...

Thoughts?
Sponsored

prsncat

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT EB AWD BAP CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I understand what you are saying regarding the seat hardness. I think this is a result of designing the Maverick to be a work/utility vehicle -- it has to stand up to a lot of heavy use (don't get me started on the plastics...).

Although I like the seats, I placed Wet Okole seat covers on to provide long-term protection of the seat fabric. Ultimately, they provide a layer of softness to the seats that make them more comfortable. I also added seat heaters since my XLT doesn't have a luxury package with heated seats.

Wet Okole current has a 15% discount (available on the website) if you are interested.

OP
OP

chainblade

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Elantra SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I understand what you are saying regarding the seat hardness. I think this is a result of designing the Maverick to be a work/utility vehicle -- it has to stand up to a lot of heavy use (don't get me started on the plastics...).

Although I like the seats, I placed Wet Okole seat covers on to provide long-term protection of the seat fabric. Ultimately, they provide a layer of softness to the seats that make them more comfortable. I also added seat heaters since my XLT doesn't have a luxury package with heated seats.

Wet Okole current has a 15% discount (available on the website) if you are interested.
Thanks so much for your reply and your experience! That's good to know that it was helpful. I'll check out those seat covers.

OP
OP

chainblade

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jaden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Elantra SEL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thankfully, the Lariat seats are cush ;) Hope you find something you like!
eh they are slightly better than the XL/XLT seats but not by much IMHO. Still way hard compared to Kia/Hyundai's I've owned/been in. I literally just went to ford before this post to compare the XLT to the Lariat. Because I'm really hoping I can figure something out as I really really want to keep a Maverick!

Sponsored

Nomav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 HP
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the XLT with heated seats and was very impressed with the comfort. I did purchase the Coverado seat covers just for protection but have not installed them.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I found seats comfortable but wife had a concern . prior to trip cut up yoga mats to fit bottoms of seat . worked well for extra comfort but would have to keep adjusting after exiting maverick . ordered from Amazon Lebogner car seat covers ( paid $38.99 for two ) for after working out ECT and solved that problem . They are not form fitted but adds to comfort and protection of seats . no complaints about comfort on our 2500 mile round trip . cheap fix for two things (comfort and protection ) . not the best looking but works for me . couldn't get decent picture.

FabMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Check out the padded covers from Coverado (Amazon sells them). I have the waterproof Napa Leather ones that also include a padded lumbar area. And they completely slip over the seat back but are still compatible with an airbag.

generalmgr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I got the Mabett seat covers. They fit like OEM, and are super comfortable! That little extra bit of cushioning, plus the bit of extra seat length you get, both add up to making a big difference. I was actually surprised at how much better the seats feel now, and I didn't think they were bad before.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

eh they are slightly better than the XL/XLT seats but not by much IMHO. Still way hard compared to Kia/Hyundai's I've owned/been in. I literally just went to ford before this post to compare the XLT to the Lariat. Because I'm really hoping I can figure something out as I really really want to keep a Maverick!
softer is not always better. the lariat seat is actually overly soft in my opinion, and while I haven't sat in a hyundai recently I would be pretty surprised if lariat really is harder. my previous vehicle was a Mazda CX-9 with pleather and before that an Audi A4 with actual leather and both were comfortable and notably firmer than my lariat.

lariat is a synthetic leather / vinyl product which is fine, any of them will wear much better than real cowskin leather, but I've never had something so soft and I honestly would prefer firmer. I'm 175 pounds.

xl and xlt is definitely a firm, thinly padded material and a seat cover could help. I have sat in xlt some and did not find them uncomfortable. the dumb height adjustment swivel can be pretty uncomfortable on any Maverick. I'd like my seat lower but it will make the seat bottom tilt up in front a lot, and that's terrible for comfort.

Alfred58

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an xlt and I find the seats very comfortable.

Chipster

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chipster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have an xlt and I find the seats very comfortable.
I agree totally. I have an XLT with the luxury pack. Have done I think eight 255-290 mile trips to the UP from work to back home and it is way more comfortable and less fatiguing than the leather on my 2006 BMW 325i.

skadizzle

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat BAP
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I made the same comment recently. I have a Lariat and the seat cushion is way too thin. I can squeeze it all the way with one hand. The seat is also too short. I end up getting back pain and my legs go numb after an hour of driving. Going to try a seat cover and pad before throwing in the towel and getting rid of the truck.

Old Man

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Everybody has expectations of what seats should be and they cross the spectrum. Same for every vehicle, except my Bentley. Why did you order one if you weren't sure if you would like it when you say you've sat in multiple Mavs? And the only way I could own a Santa Cruz is if I was blind, ugliest vehicle since the Pacer.
Sponsored