Sponsored

Running antenna cables from the cab to the bed.

wb5oxq

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat in Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I will be installing 2 different 2 way radio antennas on each side of the bed. I want to know if there is a way to get cables from inside the cab into the bed area without drilling holes? Ham radio, CB radio etc.
Sponsored

OP
OP
wb5oxq

wb5oxq

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There's for sure a grommet on the passenger side that goes directly from the cab to the rear wheel well/bedside. I recently installed the Ford Bed Light kit and this is where it had me route the wiring from the BCM to the back of the truck.

Here are a few images from the install instructions. I can get actual pictures if you need them.

1695045017425.png

1695045043533.png

I would assume there's a similar grommet on the driver's side but I'd have to check. This gets you out of the cab into the rear wheel well without drilling, not sure if you can then find a good spot to get through the wheel well into the bed. That part may require some drilling.
Now I need to run 4 gage power and ground from battery to compartment below back seat.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There's access into the cab directly behind the battery.

Left image is looking towards the cab from the battery, right is looking up from driver side floorboard.
1695151957493.png
This is what I used for my GMRS antenna cable. Very convenient design from Ford.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wb5oxq

wb5oxq

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

This is what I used for my GMRS antenna cable. Very convenient design from Ford.
I wonder if the cables will fit below the door edge trim or try to fit them below the carpet at the edge of the door.

OP
OP
wb5oxq

wb5oxq

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

There's for sure a grommet on the passenger side that goes directly from the cab to the rear wheel well/bedside. I recently installed the Ford Bed Light kit and this is where it had me route the wiring from the BCM to the back of the truck.

Here are a few images from the install instructions. I can get actual pictures if you need them.

1695045017425.png

1695045043533.png

I would assume there's a similar grommet on the driver's side but I'd have to check. This gets you out of the cab into the rear wheel well without drilling, not sure if you can then find a good spot to get through the wheel well into the bed. That part may require some drilling.
I think I found an even better spot to run my cable. In the upper corner on each side of the bed there is a small opening more than big enough for a coax cable to pass through. The factory sealed these openings with some kind of foam. I believe it will come out just below the window in the corner. I just need to see where. I have not managed to remove the trim panel below the rear speaker on each side yet. I pushed the end of a whip into the opening and it went in at least 6 inches so it should be in there somewhere.

OP
OP
wb5oxq

wb5oxq

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

1695045017425.png

1695045043533.png

I cannot seem to get the side panels below the speaker grills to come off.

Palms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mercedes GLC; 23 Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any further progress with the little holes in the upper corners of the bed to get into the cab please? Thanks!
Sponsored