Sponsored

ROVP vs. COVP

• Thread starter Deleted member 7346
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Deleted member 7346

Good evening everyone. I am new here and I am grateful to find a forum on the Ford Maverick Hybrid that I placed an order for on October 21, 2021. I received an e-mail from Ford on October 22 confirming that the order was received. However, after reading trough many of the threads the term ROVP has come up and a dual process needs to be done by the dealer to have the truck actually built. I called my dealer to verify that the ROVP process was done but what she has provided me with is a COVP tracking number. I could not find any information in this forum on a ROVP vs. COVP. Should I be concerned that the dealership did not complete the required steps for ordering the vehicle?
Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Been following this and its still confusing- My order is confirmed clean/unscheduled with Ford and that's about as much info as I can get- Not exactly awesome :)

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Good evening everyon …ROVP vs. COVP. Should I be concerned that the dealership did not complete the required steps for ordering the vehicle?
Congratulations on your order! Which Central-Florida Dealership did you order from? This may help, as many are VERY unscrupulous.

OP
OP

Deleted member 7346

Been following this and its still confusing- My order is confirmed clean/unscheduled with Ford and that's about as much info as I can get- Not exactly awesome :)
Thank you for responding. I am not even sure on that much; I am confirmed I believe due to e-mail but as far a clean idk. I do shower regularly LOL :)

OP
OP

Deleted member 7346

Congratulations on your order! Which Central-Florida Dealership did you order from? This may help a little as many are VERY unscrupulous.
Peacock Ford in Orlando. I did sign a DORA and provided my drivers license. I asked how much for a deposit and was told I did not need to put one down.

Sponsored

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Congratulations on your order! Which Central-Florida Dealership did you order from? This may help a little as many are VERY unscrupulous.
Peacock Ford in Orlando. I did sign a DORA and provided my drivers license. I asked how much for a deposit and was told I did not need to put one down.
I would try to get them to sign the DORA, if you have one.

I don’t know much about Peacock other than they are well established. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ROVP and COVP are the same thing. I think @fordvideoguy has confirmed that in the past.

Did you get email confirmation from Ford?

Old Hickory Trojan

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Crosstrek Spt ,23 SC AWD,02 Jeep 4x4, 17 Winbgo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
ROVP and COVP are the same thing. I think @fordvideoguy has confirmed that in the past.

and if you look at the COVP you will notice that there is a ROVP number assigned o the form. My dealer did exactly the same thing and he showed me the response to the COVP from Ford and there was a ROVP number on it...

OP
OP

Deleted member 7346

I would try to get them to sign the DORA, if you have one. Did you get the Ford email confirmation?

I don’t know much about Peacock other than theyare well established. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in.
I signed the DORA before they placed the order but I did not receive one back signed by them and I did receive an e-mail from Ford along with email from the manager at the dealership
I would try to get them to sign the DORA, if you have one.

I don’t know much about Peacock other than they are well established. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can chime in.
I signed the DORA but did not receive a signed one from them. I did receive the Ford email and when I inquired at the dealer I was provided this email:
MAVERICK - CUSTOMER ORDER VERIFICATION PROGRAM
Enrollment Status - APPROVED
Name:PEACOCK FORD
Date:10/25/2021 4:23:10 PM
Thank you for submitting the order within the Maverick Lead to Order Program. The order has been received and verified by Program Headquarters and will be scheduled for production when possible. Thank you again for participating in the Maverick Lead to Order Program.
Tracking Number:1046587
Vehicle Line:Maverick
Order Number:C102
Customer Name:
Order Verification Status:APPROVED

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yes, she did. I had to go back and double-check she did, too.

this is what I got from Peacock Ford:

Ford Maverick ROVP vs. COVP 396D07D2-7CD0-463D-A9EC-28A496F0EA1B

May be informative for you to compare your experience. Sounds like you did better than me!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 7346

Yes. I tried doing a search in the forum but failed to find one. Thank you for responding!!

OP
OP

Deleted member 7346

Yes, she did. I had to go back and double-check she did, too.

this is what I got from Peacock Ford:

396D07D2-7CD0-463D-A9EC-28A496F0EA1B.jpeg

May be informative for you to compare your experience. Sounds like you did better than me!
I was first told a 1,000 and when I called back to verify that they received my license and signed document I was told I didn't need to put down a deposit. Maybe since you did it is better news of getting it.

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was first told a 1,000 and when I called back to verify that they received my license and signed document I was told I didn't need to put down a deposit. Maybe since you did it is better news of getting it.
Oh thank you but no. I ended up going with Mullinax Apopka. Time will tell if they are reputable but I guess we are all along for a ride, or lack thereof… :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP

Deleted member 7346

Oh thank you but no. I ended up going with Mullinax Apopka. Time will tell if they are reputable but I guess we are all along for a ride, or lack thereof… :ROFLMAO:
I went out there to view the non hybrid on the lot before sending order to Peacock but they would not even open the door for me to look inside it and the saleswoman was eating a bag of chips while communicating with me. I found that very unprofessional. I then went to Greenway Ford in Orlando and test drive a non hybrid model but the salesman did not want to spend any time with me because I was interested in the Hybrid so I order from Ford site and sent the order to Peacock and all my communication has been via phone and e-mail. I hope all turns out well, I am hoping to receive it time to give the car I have now to my daughter when she graduates from highschool!!

RonFLA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I went out there …I hope all turns out well, I am hoping to receive it time to give the car I have now to my daughter when she graduates from highschool!!
I took a look at the Greenway 2.0L too but they wanted the most obscene mark-up. Not sure if you noticed when you drove it:

Ford Maverick ROVP vs. COVP 974C6D15-D031-45B5-8DC7-F04753CA5AD3

Look closely, yeah that’s 10K! Greenway really gave me a bad impression too. For us, Floridians, it truly is a lesser of evils.

I’m in the same boat with my daughter too. I was going to give her my aging Nissan Leaf but the used car market is white hot and she has a year before she gets her license.
Sponsored