First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’d like to use a Roofnest Sparrow roof top tent on the Maverick. Two of the options I see for naked roofs are from Thule and Yakima, plus the one on the newly released Ford accessory site. The Thule site specifically says roof top tents should not be used with their naked roof unit. I see where Leitner announced they will make their bed system for the Maverick but you can’t use a bed cover with it and I want that to cover and protect gear.

I’m looking for any suggestions, racks that you know that work or aftermarket resources for installing roof rails on the truck
Sponsored

JamesHenry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Fit, 2019 Honda Odyssey
I'm personally not very keen on the crossbar mounts available for the Maverick. Its the same style as I have on my Honda Fit and while I trust it for a kayak or bike, I wouldn't be comfortable with something that is 150lbs+ of static weight up there.

I would recommend checking out Yakima OverHaul HD Tonneau Towers and a compatible tonno cover. The solution certainly isn't the cheapest, but I feel safer recommending it.

OP
OP
futuremavowner

futuremavowner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm personally not very keen on the crossbar mounts available for the Maverick. Its the same style as I have on my Honda Fit and while I trust it for a kayak or bike, I wouldn't be comfortable with something that is 150lbs+ of static weight up there.

I would recommend checking out Yakima OverHaul HD Tonneau Towers and a compatible tonno cover. The solution certainly isn't the cheapest, but I feel safer recommending it.
After as much research as I can do without the truck sitting in the driveway, I totally agree the OverHaul option would be the best way to go. Retrax is going to offer their cover that allows for the use of the towers on the Maverick.

FortyFiveNorthoods

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

If you search for Part #VLC3Z9955100A, you might be able to find a discount through a Ford Dealer.

Anna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape
Was scrolling through old post and saw yours. I actually just got a Leitner rack installed with a RTT yesterday no bed cover though. If you want a retrax cover Leitner does have an adapter to make those possible. Unfortunately I recently was told it does compromise its support which is a good part of the reason I opted for a high priced Leitner so this may still not be the best option but figured I would let you know. Not sure if you already have your setup since this is a few months old. Love to know what you got if you have yours by now!

Sponsored

Woodjoints

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanagon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What's the draw of RTTs? They seem very heavy and I wouldn't want to leave it on the truck when not in use. I understand they came out of Australia where there are all kinds of creepy, at times venomous, crawlers around. Also a lot of campsites don't have level parking so you'd have to bring levelling blocks as well?

I guess it's fast to set up, but so are those instant tents..

:unsure:

Last edited:
OP
OP
futuremavowner

futuremavowner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford Maverick Roof Top Tent 244F26D4-DF3E-4673-9E6B-1D3B47BA5C83

after all these months, more great options have popped up. I’ve settled on this set up I saw I believe on this platform. Retrax cover with mounting slots, voodoo crossbars to mount the Ikamper mini. Very little added drag, 120 pound tent. Will be good to go.

Ford Maverick Roof Top Tent 99618CEE-07A9-4839-A44B-28357A27B555

Ford Maverick Roof Top Tent C877BF7B-BFEF-4285-9D8C-D1DB8898C21B

RAnSD619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry, Honda Fit, Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If you are willing to drill into your Mav check out Prinsu. Pricey but quality rack.
Sponsored