Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Short time it could pull 10K. You can argue all you want but it will be working full time pulling more than 2K up hill in the mountains. I had a 191 HP ecoboost with a 2K tow package for cooling and it struggled pulling 2K uphill while I watched the transmission temp creep up. I'm sure you know more than the Ford engineers though. :LOL:
Again, it is not the power. You are trying to compare apples to oranges and seem to not understand the differences between the two engine types and differences in transmissions.
Sponsored

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

And you are towing a trailer with a larger frontal area than recommended. So why are you towing something so big?

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To say that the hybrid struggles to tow is a load of crap, and will only be from someone who hasn't towed with a Hybrid. My trailer is under 2,000# but 7 1/2' tall. My truck hauls it effortlessly. I have been 80mph up a long hill, and could've went MUCH faster, as that was no more than 50% power level. To say the Hybrid will struggle towing up a hill is simply not true.
Agreed.

I've not gone 80 MPH but I've done my own "Davis Dam Test" with a Hybrid at 3k with trailer brakes. Passed with flying colors.

I'm with 100% confidence and real world data to back it up putting the hybrid above the 2k EcoBoost and below the 4k EcoBoost.

The Hybrid could have been marketed at 3k towing, with brake controller. But they CHOSE not to. Probably would have put too much demand on an already popular "economy" truck they still can not make enough of. (The hybrid variant.)

Look around. Do research.
The hybrid variant of just about everything out there has better performance than the base model of just about anything out there.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's sad and surprising you don't know all variants of the truck have the same height, weight (within a couple hundred pounds), length; brakes, steering, body, tow hitch, air bags, seat belts, both have electronic sway control, traction control, antilock brakes, need I go on????

What is "different" about the 4k that is "safer"??? Tell me.

The 4k has more engine protection.
The 4k is not "safer" on the road than a properly equipped hybrid. Period.

Sponsored

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Hybrid has all of this with aftermarket equipment added:

Plus a second power source and electric motor and boost battery, plus a silky smooth shiftless transmission than never ever hunts for gears and is always in the sweet spot for proper rpms and torque.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

One guy used his dad's Hybrid to tow his Super Duty from Georgia into South Carolina. I wouldn't reccommend anyone do that, but the hybrid did pull 4 times the tow rating. A couple hundred pounds over the rated 2,000# capacity WILL NOT make the Hybrid struggle. As a former towing company owner, I will say it is best to always stay within limits. The world is not perfect and sometimes limits will be exceeded. But will the hybrid struggle to get up a hill even pulling 3,000#? Not a chance. I don't exceed my tow limits, but easily could.

LSchicago

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Agreed.

I've not gone 80 MPH but I've done my own "Davis Dam Test" with a Hybrid at 3k with trailer brakes. Passed with flying colors.

I'm with 100% confidence and real world data to back it up putting the hybrid above the 2k EcoBoost and below the 4k EcoBoost.

The Hybrid could have been marketed at 3k towing, with brake controller. But they CHOSE not to. Probably would have put too much demand on an already popular "economy" truck they still can not make enough of. (The hybrid variant.)

Look around. Do research.
The hybrid variant of just about everything out there has better performance than the base model of just about anything out there.
That's just Ford Pushing their Ecoboost crap. They do the same thing with F150's, heavily incentivizing the 2.7 EB instead of the better towing 5.0.

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It's sad and surprising you don't know all variants of the truck have the same height, weight (within a couple hundred pounds), length; brakes, steering, body, tow hitch, air bags, seat belts, both have electronic sway control, traction control, antilock brakes, need I go on????

What is "different" about the 4k that is "safer"??? Tell me.

The 4k has more engine protection.
The 4k is not "safer" on the road than a properly equipped hybrid. Period.
And the 4k is a completely different engine and transmission which both require more cooling over stock due to design. The Hybrid is completely different.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thank you to the original poster for sharing the photos of his rig. (y)

Was fun while it lasted, but we couldn't help ourselves from taking it here. :rolleyes:

Ford Maverick Rolled the camper out of the garage today prius-smu

To the guy who said Ford pushes EcoBoost Crap... thank you for your kind words. Sincerely, very ashamed totally ripped off environmentally irresponsible ecoboost owner.

The Real Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you to the original poster for sharing the photos of his rig. (y)

Was fun while it lasted, but we couldn't help ourselves from taking it here. :rolleyes:

prius-smug.gif

To the guy who said Ford pushes EcoBoost Crap... thank you for your kind words. Sincerely, very ashamed totally ripped off environmentally irresponsible ecoboost owner.
All that and a bag of chips.
Sponsored