Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I retired two years ago after 52 years and my wife and I decided I could buy myself a truck as a retirement gift.i could buy what ever truck i wanted but the maverick was what i choose.its small,easy to maneuver in traffic and rides and handles great.sure,i could have bought a fully loaded 80,000$ f150 but dont need it.i bought a xlt with ecoboost engine and trailer hitch and love it.
Sponsored

docsmith1511

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mav XLT LUX velocity blue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maybe Apple can disable all the iPhones in Russia. Where will it stop? When I purchase a piece of equipment, I expect to own and operate it, not somebody in the cloud.
Corporate governance is one that no one voted for. This bothers me significantly, just look at Canada 3the frozen bank accounts

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The OP used the word "war" curious about opinions as Elon Musk has been asked to turn off all the Tesla's in Russia.

Could than be done?

A reasonable punishment?
We blowing the s... out of high price used Trabant, Volga, and Lada for you my friends right now. (Credit to Kurt Russel in Used Cars)

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This will all pass. With that said a paid off vehicle is the best kind of vehicle IMO
My Mazda 3 got about 20mpg, less when I started driving it up a mountain.
This truck gets 22MPG with my commute which isn't the best but at least I feel confident that this one won't break down due to the stress of driving uphill. TBH, this whole event sucks for everyone and people are taking advantage of the crisis to make a quick buck. I'm still hopeful that things will return to "normal" in the next year or two.
I'd like to see the official sticker mileage of your Mazda3 sir. We are talking 21st century?

Sponsored

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Energy costs are imbedded into everything. Eventually you will feel the pinch of gas or energy prices.
Electricity is not magic.

ToothGrinder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd like to see the official sticker mileage of your Mazda3 sir. We are talking 21st century?
You want the sticker mileage of an 07 Mazda 3? I drove the car, I know what mileage I was getting from driving up and down a mountain. It was pretty low

FloodingdowninTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You want the sticker mileage of an 07 Mazda 3? I drove the car, I know what mileage I was getting from driving up and down a mountain. It was pretty low
Conceded that you lived it.

All our Mazdas did better than 20 on level ground: 1984 GLC hatch, 1990 Mazda 3, even the 1998 Mazda B2500 PU (Ranger twin) was close I think, and the 2001 Mazda 626 with standard transmission was reasonable. Currently killing that with a 2021 Mazda3 sedan and a 2022 VW GTI, also manual, while waiting to have the bloody 2022 Maverick hybrid get scheduled after ordering July 23.

No disrespect to your experience intended.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I retired two years ago after 52 years and my wife and I decided I could buy myself a truck as a retirement gift.i could buy what ever truck i wanted but the maverick was what i choose.its small,easy to maneuver in traffic and rides and handles great.sure,i could have bought a fully loaded 80,000$ f150 but dont need it.i bought a xlt with ecoboost engine and trailer hitch and love it.
Amen to that! I love my truck too!

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just curious if all the turmoil around the war, our economy and record high gas prices are causing anyone else to question their Maverick purchase? I recently received notification that my HPR Lariat Lux w/ FX4 was scheduled for build on April 25th. I think most of us agree the Mav is a bargain regardless of specks/trims/options, but I am really questioning such a large, unnecessary purchase during these trying times. Sure, it'll replace my gas guzzling V8, but my gas guzzling V8 is paid for!

Thoughts?
No I need a new truck and I can wait. Second - I purchased the Hybrid - so Gas can go up a bit more and I will still be able to drive it. But I wouldn't touch a full sized truck. Even if it does get 24 mpg - they are quite efficient for what they are, but if you can get a small truck with less mass and much better gas mileage I think that's the choice. The big problem is Ford can't produce enough. Keep you current Big Truck.. You have a great investment - enjoy it.

Sponsored

Guardian

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smartcar,Alfa Romeo Spyder,Pontiac GTO,Taurus SHO
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My purchase is not unnecessary...it is replacing a 96 F150. Yes,it is paid for but with gas prices going up and electric vehicles priced out the wazoo and few charging stations,the Maverick seemed like a good middle ground.

Kelli

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kelli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Short answer--YES! I saw a guy pay $100 for gas yesterday at COSTCO which is the lowest price in my area. I'd gladly pay a monthly payment and off set that with lower gas cost with the hybrid. The payment will go away and if all works out well, this vehicle will save me even more money then.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Short answer--YES! I saw a guy pay $100 for gas yesterday at COSTCO which is the lowest price in my area. I'd gladly pay a monthly payment and off set that with lower gas cost with the hybrid. The payment will go away and if all works out well, this vehicle will save me even more money then.
Until it caught fire 4 years ago. I would only fill up the tank in my van about 90% on $100 at costco! Granted it had 2 tanks weighed 8000lbs had mud tires, no overdrive, modified 4x4 and a big 460! That $100 would get me about 250 miles. I loved that van.
Ford Maverick Rising cost of gas, war, inflation and the Maverick [WARNING: NO POLITICS] IMG_5104

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Corporate governance is one that no one voted for. This bothers me significantly, just look at Canada 3the frozen bank accounts
Hello. I work in corporate compliance at a major US institution. You might want to go and read your terms of service. Your accounts can be frozen and or closed at any time for a number of reasons. Also the bank is not obligated to tell you why and will send you a check (assuming your assets aren't frozen for a specific government requested action or fraud-related reason).

For the record I have zero issue with what happened with those Canadian bank accounts, just mentioning that it can and does happen in the US, and is not a uniquely Canadian regulatory/business practice.
Sponsored