First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What is the consensus on getting the additional coverage protection plan for rims / tires. I have the Lariat and was told one rim is $1000+ at present might not even be available and being the larger size more susceptible to rim damage. Any consensus on when factory rims may be available to purchase? I happen to like the rims attached in the pic below. Does anyone know what package these come with (for future reference)

Ford Maverick Rim / Tire additional coverage plan download (1)
Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Does anyone know what package these come with (for future reference)
Those are optional wheels for AWD XLT and Lariat w/ Tow Package or FX4. They can also be optioned with the AWD XL w/ Tow Package in Canada.

notjoey

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, C5 Z06, VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it is the Ford backed tire warranty, it's pretty solid. Should cover your rim and tires for 7 years, unlimited miles, and not just the original tires. Couple that with the Ford service department having low price guarantee on tires. If they don't gouge you on the price of the service plan, it's seems like a fair deal.

You have to buy it at the time of purchase though, you can't add it in the future from Flood Ford or anything like that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ehspeakers

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks all. Would I even be able to source the rims ? Can't find the part number.

TSAINTS1115

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or put $1000 in the bank and roll the dice. After all, how many rims have you totaled up till now?

OP
OP
ehspeakers

ehspeakers

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a cracked rim recently on my Toyota Avalon and it was far easier to source. Plus the Lariat rims are larger and ride on low profile tires. I am sure it's a scam along with their other "protection plans"

onetequilatwo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Lariat Maverick and 2019 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure the price of the insurance, but you can buy a set of four under the price of that 1 rim.

A while back did google wheels/rims and there are some fairly good looking ones in a price range* that makes sense for a second set for snow tires to bolt on. Not positive they would fit, but was background investigating. A guy at the counter at Pete's Tire Barn told me he like to see the truck when it comes and and will have him check on rims at that time. Pete's is a pretty big local company in truck tires etc.

*between $85-185 per rim, but did not concentrate on the steels. Sample query from tirerack but there are many places to google. Think earlier there was a MAX or or MAK that caught my eye.
https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/res...Maverick+FWD&autoYear=2022&autoModClar=Lariat

Last edited:

W8ting4u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Buick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone has a recent dealer price for this coverage?

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would anyone throw away money on separate coverage? If a Dealer suggested the coverage they are simply trying to separate you from your money.

If you run into something and damage the wheel and tire it would be covered under your auto insurance collision insurance (less deductible). If some stole them, they would be covered under your Comprehensive insurance. The tires themselves are covered under the Ford limited tire warranty for defects. And finally, there are likely those same wheels available here as take-offs for people upgrading at very reasonable prices..

Last edited:

Lynyrd Skynyrd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Insurance is money in the dealerships pocket. unless you go to discount tire like me, they did more damage to my rims than I've done in 40 years. One rim could be 1k, wholesale 700 and can be had in this forum for 5-800 for the whole set.
Keep your money
Sponsored