Retrax tonneau cover allows for allows for Yakima, Thule or Rhino rack systems

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Toyo LC, 1988 911, 2005 STI, 2010 STI, 3 More
I just changed my order today to remove the factory Ford tri-fold tonneau. Primarily to expedite my order as it has come to my attention that the cover along with spray in bed liner will delay production. But also because of the availability of a hard cover that allows for Yakima, Thule or Rhino rack systems. The Retrax One XR. I am probably "late to the party" on this knowledge and this info is posted somewhere else but in case it's not check them out. They have a little video showing some of its function. I plan on using the low towers from Yakima with a small roof box from Thule on one side and the skinny basket from Yakima on the other.
Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just changed my order today to remove the factory Ford tri-fold tonneau. Primarily to expedite my order as it has come to my attention that the cover along with spray in bed liner will delay production. But also because of the availability of a hard cover that allows for Yakima, Thule or Rhino rack systems. The Retrax One XR. I am probably "late to the party" on this knowledge and this info is posted somewhere else but in case it's not check them out. They have a little video showing some of its function. I plan on using the low towers from Yakima with a small roof box from Thule on one side and the skinny basket from Yakima on the other.
linky would have been nice...js

OP
OP
M Spec

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
linky would have been nice...js
https://retrax.com there you go, if indeed that is what a "linky" is. I would have thought that putting Retrax tonneau in the search window would have taken you there but I'm way old and simple minded. And doing so is a great deal of trouble :cool:

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
https://retrax.com there you go, if indeed that is what a "linky" is. I would have thought that putting Retrax tonneau in the search window would have taken you there but I'm way old and simple minded. And doing so is a great deal of trouble :cool:
Yep, that's a linky. Thanks🙂

I did look it up and found it, but including a link is a courtesy that prevents someone from stumbling across the wrong page. That's all.

Sponsored

OP
OP
M Spec

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, that's a linky. Thanks🙂

I did look it up and found it, but including a link is a courtesy that prevents someone from stumbling across the wrong page. That's all.
Thanks for the courteous lesson. I was unaware. As I mentioned I'm Old. FYI I really do mean I appreciate the courteous way you address the issue...from my limited experience on this, or any other forum, most would have responded in some rude fashion. Also, if my response was received as rude, my apologies, it was not intended as such...my bad! Seems, unfortunately, I have been tainted by exposure;)

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for the courteous lesson. I was unaware. As I mentioned I'm Old. FYI I really do mean I appreciate the courteous way you address the issue...from my limited experience on this, or any other forum, most would have responded in some rude fashion. Also, if my response was received as rude, my apologies, it was not intended as such...my bad! Seems, unfortunately, I have been tainted by exposure;)
I'm old too, but I had the experience of being a moderator on a very active global motorcycle forum 20 years ago...when I wasn't so old.

I appreciate your response to my input.
And I'm very interested in that cover. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

OP
OP
M Spec

M Spec

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm old too, but I had the experience of being a moderator on a very active global motorcycle forum 20 years ago...when I wasn't so old.

I appreciate your response to my input.
And I'm very interested in that cover. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
Most welcome(y)

bpcooper14

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truxedo has the t-slot rail options if looking for a soft rollup vs hard.
I was looking at the elevate ts rails and also looking at the gator sfx tri fold but i'm not sure if the 2 would work together or not since the gator sits on top of the bed rails. Not sure if there is enough room for it on top of the ts rails to function properly...

Sponsored

Rexus99

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tacoma
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2010 I put a Retrax on my 2007 tundra. Of course the bed was huge and I didn't miss the area taken up by the storage box. I had it for 11 years and generally it worked well. Towards the end it was hard to stay shut and the stopping locking anywhere was a farce. Occasionally in the winter the drain plugs would freeze and the water would collect around the rolled up top in the storage box and freeze. I ordered a BAK rollup hard cover for the Maverick cause I didn't want to loose space in the bed. I think the box is al least 11 or 12 inches square on the Retrax.

SgtLip

Banned
Banned
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lexus ES300h Ultra Luxury
OLD NEWS. Maybe if the poster had input that in the MTC search window would have taken you there and a new thread wouldn't have been necessary.

I only know this because I was the one who posted about the Retrax tonneau covers. I'll be getting the Electric without rack.
Sponsored