First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
First pass off the street. Our full package with the Buschur package custom tune from 5Star.

Truck is 100 pounds heavier than our 13.56 pass a few weeks ago. Wife is on her way to the track to drive it. Should see some 13.2’s.

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Woah, gettin serious, awesome!

Guv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
Undecided
Weren’t your 60’ times better the other week, traction maybe?

Bad Actor

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Ranger XLT, 73 Mustang Base, 02 Toyota Camry
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It looks like there is still some room for improvement in your 60' times at that ET.

Sponsored

Deerslayer1980

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Best I can do is 13.90s in mine. I have the 5 star 93 perf tune, 4" intake and resonator delete. It looks like I need an intercooler and exhaust. Mine is 4040 with me in it and a 1/2 tank of gas. Congratulations! Oh, I also have 235 Wildpeaks that are 6lbs per corner heavier, so I know that hurts a bit.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Things are cooking! Just curious if you have thought about a set of track only wheels n tires. Light as possible, maybe running 26" tires for more rpms? Or if it has the grunt for the tire height and plenty of tractionmaybe run somehing taller and skinnier? I know its a long ways away but if you can get these trucks to run 12 flat, that is some serious speed in a compact budget pickup truck.

WNYEscapee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick, 2019 Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Impressive! The Maverick can be a real sleeper to those who are unaware of its potential for speed.
I'm just anxious to see if mine gets selected to be built and I'm already pondering what I might be able to afford to boost it up there too.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Weren’t your 60’ times better the other week, traction maybe?
Best 60' was this time out, 1.99.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It looks like there is still some room for improvement in your 60' times at that ET.
We are working on that part, the 60' times are maxed out now, working on the calibration to add features to improve that. A better 60' and the truck can run 12's.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Things are cooking! Just curious if you have thought about a set of track only wheels n tires. Light as possible, maybe running 26" tires for more rpms? Or if it has the grunt for the tire height and plenty of tractionmaybe run somehing taller and skinnier? I know its a long ways away but if you can get these trucks to run 12 flat, that is some serious speed in a compact budget pickup truck.
Thought about it, yes, going to do it, no. I want our mods to be easily available to the public, not a gutted, race tire/wheel/no exhaust race truck. Over these last 33 years of doing this I've found the best way to promote what we do is make it like people drive daily. Those gutted tin can, no exhaust race cars are fast and cool (we've built a bunch that held records) but they don't sell parts to the masses and we are here to build/sell parts that work.

OP
OP
Buschur

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thought about it, yes, going to do it, no. I want our mods to be easily available to the public, not a gutted, race tire/wheel/no exhaust race truck. Over these last 33 years of doing this I've found the best way to promote what we do is make it like people drive daily. Those gutted tin can, no exhaust race cars are fast and cool (we've built a bunch that held records) but they don't sell parts to the masses and we are here to build/sell parts that work.
I was just talking playing with a set of tires and wheels for yourself to see what it would do. I wasnt talking about gutting it. Just light wheels and tires to swap on. Heck it has a bed to put them and a jack in to go to take em to the track. I knew lots of folks did that stuffing a pair of drag radial or stickys in the Fox Mustang hatch, with a jack. I even took the bed out of my Van at Kil-Kare to get it under 20 gave us a nice place to sit in the pits! Still practical kinda lol!

Last edited:

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Nice performance for an economy 4 cylinder truck. So far the transmission has been holding up too, a number of people on this site were worried about that being a possible weak link. I have also never seen time slips that went to the 4th digit. Keep up the good work, Mavericks have only been out for a year & look at your progress!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.