First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
With reservations opening tomorrow nice and early, will there be an urgency or limited amount of reservations? I don't care about first editions, but are we going to be competing with fleets for a spot?
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis LS
With reservations opening tomorrow nice and early, will there be an urgency or limited amount of reservations? I don't care about first editions, but are we going to be competing with fleets for a spot?
im not sure how fleet reservations go.
but the high demand of other Ford vehicles. And the current parts shortages. Definitely will make for a busy time to build all the orders.

so if you want to get your new Maverick before Easter 2022, I would definitely reserve a spot in line. But if you donā€™t care about waiting till spring 2022 sure.

but if I remember correctly build orders go.
1 First Editions
2 Dealer show room/ Car show/ Promotion models.
3 Reservations
4 Fleets
5 Dealer inventory/ Orders made after reservations closed.

so I would guess if you donā€™t reserve a spot in line, you might have to wait till the spring before you can get your hands on one.

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
im not sure how fleet reservations go.
but the high demand of other Ford vehicles. And the current parts shortages. Definitely will make for a busy time to build all the orders.

so if you want to get your new Maverick before Easter 2022, I would definitely reserve a spot in line. But if you donā€™t care about waiting till spring 2022 sure.

but if I remember correctly build orders go.
1 First Editions
2 Dealer show room/ Car show/ Promotion models.
3 Reservations
4 Fleets
5 Dealer inventory/ Orders made after reservations closed.

so I would guess if you donā€™t reserve a spot in line, you might have to wait till the spring before you can get your hands on one.
Yes thats how I figure most new car releases are gonna go, which is a smarter way than doing just in time manufacturing and ordering...

Hope the website tomorrow doesn't crash too hard šŸ˜…

TerryE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I get the 'A' plan, so going to reserve and order without physically seeing one. I feel I cannot lose. Look at the used car market today, insane. If they don't 'dick' with me on the plan availability, (doubtful because it is employee price), I don't see me losing much 'used' if I can't stand the truck. (which is doubtful)

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes thats how I figure most new car releases are gonna go, which is a smarter way than doing just in time manufacturing and ordering...

Hope the website tomorrow doesn't crash too hard šŸ˜…
I have a feeling the website is going to struggle. For the Lightning it was in and out for a day or so. Now I think Iā€™d you reserve in the first week, you will likely get it within the first month or so of delivers. Unlike the Bronco where 5 hour difference makes a 8 month difference

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I have a feeling the website is going to struggle. For the Lightning it was in and out for a day or so. Now I think Iā€™d you reserve in the first week, you will likely get it within the first month or so of delivers. Unlike the Bronco where 5 hour difference makes a 8 month difference
I agree, I strongly believe the demand for the maverick is being under estimated, this could become the starter truck for a lot of people such as myself, or just a popular alternative to your now average suv that everyone has

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree, I strongly believe the demand for the maverick is being under estimated, this could become the starter truck for a lot of people such as myself, or just a popular alternative to your now average suv that everyone has
Thatā€™s fords plan. A good entry level vehicle for lots of people not just truck people.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Ranger doesn't have the same pent-up nostalgia demand that the Bronco has. The trucky-truck people for one won't buy it.

MontanaEd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PHEV- Volt
Ford does not want just Truck-y people. This vehicle is an alternative to the EcoSport and if we are honest other entry level vehicles like the Focus. Yes, no one would cross shop a 4 door sedan and a pickup. But if there is no 4 door sedan available, a compact SUV or a compact truck will have to fill the bill.

Sponsored

Minimalist

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ford Ranger FX4, '17 Ford Transit Connect
What time does the actual Ford Reveal happen tomorrow? I heard 6:00am EDT.

What website URL?

That seems too early for the nationwide customer impact they want, but an early time like that may give the morning TV shows some time to get their facts straight and then report on huge first day orders? Do I need to get up at 3:00am PDT to be one of those? :cool:

My local west coast dealer has said since January that no local "waiting lists" were being used for this one. They said Ford is handling all of that ($100 deposit), and telling each dealer what they get to deliver, and when.

Minimalist

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ford Ranger FX4, '17 Ford Transit Connect
Ford dot com <https://www.ford.com/maverick/> still does not show a time "on June 8th", but the 1-800 Ford Customer Service agent just found a note that details open at 6:00am EDT. Customer Service is recommending a website update with that information.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What time does the actual Ford Reveal happen tomorrow? I heard 6:00am EDT.

What website URL?

That seems too early for the nationwide customer impact they want, but an early time like that may give the morning TV shows some time to get their facts straight and then report on huge first day orders? Do I need to get up at 3:00am PDT to be one of those? :cool:

My local west coast dealer has said since January that no local "waiting lists" were being used for this one. They said Ford is handling all of that ($100 deposit), and telling each dealer what they get to deliver, and when.
My guess like all the other vehicles (Lightning, Bronco, Mach E) reservations start RIGHT AT 6am. The website will update then and have the information.

eRock92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape SE
Engine
Undecided
Ford does not want just Truck-y people. This vehicle is an alternative to the EcoSport and if we are honest other entry level vehicles like the Focus. Yes, no one would cross shop a 4 door sedan and a pickup. But if there is no 4 door sedan available, a compact SUV or a compact truck will have to fill the bill.
I've been saying this for the past couple of years. When Ford redesigned the Escape, it was obvious what they were doing. There's a reason why I call the Escape a bloated Focus.
  • The Escape is the new Focus
  • The Edge is the new Fusion
  • The Bronco Sport is the new Escape
  • The Maverick is... another Focus
The EcoSport, in my opinion, is not getting renewed or updated. It's a failed experiment. And with 1) the Sport being more compact than the Escape and 2) rumor has it that Ford is making another crossover type vehicle, I think it will get axed in 2022. And if the Maverick indeed starts out at $19,999 base price, Ford will have the slots in place to dominate the truck market. Think about it:
  • Their entry level vehicle is now a crossover truck
  • Their crown jewel is the F-150
  • They have a performance truck sub-brand in the Raptor
  • Their heavy lifter is the SuperDuty series (F-250 through F-650)
  • They have both hybrid and all electric trucks in the F-150 Hybrid and Lightning
Ford is doubling down on what they are now known for: trucks (and SUV's to a degree in the Explorer and Bronco). It's a risk, but if they can fill their whitespaces that used to be occupied by sedans with equivalent trucks and SUV's, they now have a chance to build brand loyalty in a different way. Maverick and potential-future-unnamed-crossover owners will grow up the line as their needs increase (to Escapes/Bronco Sports/Rangers then Explorers/Broncos/F-150s and so-on)and potential go back down the line as their needs decrease. The only thing hold Ford back now is their infamous achilleas heel: quality assurance and control.
Sponsored