First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Today, seen tire inscription ProContac tx missing the tx suffix. So checking it.

“The Continental ProContact TX is a top-tier Grand Touring All-Season tire, meticulously engineered to meet the demands of performance-oriented sedans and sporty coupes. This tire is not just a piece of rubber that connects your car to the road; it’s a sophisticated piece of engineering designed to enhance your overall driving experience. Whether you’re navigating city streets or cruising on the highway, this tire aims to provide a seamless blend of comfort and performance, making it a popular choice for both original equipment (OE) and as a replacement tire.

One of the most compelling aspects of the ProContact TX is its year-round versatility. Engineered to deliver reliable performance across all seasons, this tire is a true all-rounder. It offers a balanced mix of dry, wet, and light snow traction, making it a go-to choice for drivers who experience a variety of weather conditions throughout the year. Its all-season capabilities mean you don’t have to switch tires when the seasons change, offering convenience and cost savings.”
Sponsored

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mav Lariat, '14 Prius, '83 'Stang, more...
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Are you saying this is the Continental on the Mavericks? Or is the one on the Mavericks a cheap low grade poor version of it? What's your point?

OP
OP
CajunMick

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My point is “Are they good tires for a truck?” The “tx“ was inscription that caught my eyes. Looking at them, for first time, I want to learn more about them, I.e. traction, wear mileage, load capacity.

Have Continental on wife’s Escape. Good tires there, similar to what one might get on BMWs, Mercedes, high end vehicles. I research these before buying. The OEM tires that was on the Escape was Michelin. Terrible ….rough, noisy, poor wear.

Have a good day.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I know Continental does make some good tires. From what I've heard on this forum, the OEM equipped Maverick Pro Contact is not one of them. So..., I guess you're talking about a different Pro Contact. Maybe someone else has real world experience with them.

tom_tucker

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today, seen tire inscription ProContac tx missing the tx suffix. So checking it.

“The Continental ProContact TX is a top-tier Grand Touring All-Season tire, meticulously engineered to meet the demands of performance-oriented sedans and sporty coupes. This tire is not just a piece of rubber that connects your car to the road; it’s a sophisticated piece of engineering designed to enhance your overall driving experience. Whether you’re navigating city streets or cruising on the highway, this tire aims to provide a seamless blend of comfort and performance, making it a popular choice for both original equipment (OE) and as a replacement tire.

One of the most compelling aspects of the ProContact TX is its year-round versatility. Engineered to deliver reliable performance across all seasons, this tire is a true all-rounder. It offers a balanced mix of dry, wet, and light snow traction, making it a go-to choice for drivers who experience a variety of weather conditions throughout the year. Its all-season capabilities mean you don’t have to switch tires when the seasons change, offering convenience and cost savings.”
It's missing the TX? Mine says ProContact "TX". It's the lightest tire on the market. Meaning its fuel efficient, easy on the suspension and axles. They'll only last 'till 40k if you drive easy though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CajunMick

CajunMick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Heman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It's missing the TX? Mine says ProContact "TX". It's the lightest tire on the market. Meaning its fuel efficient, easy on the suspension and axles. They'll only last 'till 40k if you drive easy though.
Actually not missing the TX. What I meant to say was last week I was reading tire info, and missed seeing the TX after the Prp Contact inscription.

Thanks for the info about these tires. What I was looking for, seen that Continental has additional suffixes, but little info about each class in terms of mileage, wear, loads, etc.

Our Escape with OEM tires did Not perform well, worn soon, noisy. I brought Continental tires, those found on BMW, Mercedes, and so far happy with these.

Finklejag

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It seems 90% of new cars these days come with the terrible ProContact tires. Continental must be the cheapest OEM supplier these days, twenty years ago the Goodyear LS use to come on every car. Every new car I have bought in the last 13 years came with the ProContact and I replaced them right away.

Waterick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I do believe the OEM tires installed at new are not really the same tire you get if you buy the same model after market. It seems most OEM tires are made cheaper and not last a normal length of time. Some people can get 40k, whiles others only get 18k. Continental has tarnished their image by doing the above. I'm afraid Michelin could end up the same way.

BlueSnake77

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Ecoboost
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

A good place to start researching certain tires is Tire rack even if you're not buying tires from them. They do testing on some of the tires and have videos and they list the specs of the tires they sell.
Sponsored