First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Always fun to be stopped at a light and you can't hear your music because someone in line has theirs cranked up so loud plus your doors are vibrating from their subwoofer.
That’s the time for a blast of classical music at full volume. 🤣
Sponsored

snek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Mav XLT, Oxford, 2.0EB, AWD, FX4, Lux, 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I did my fronts on my 2022 Mav XLT and tried something I did on a Tacoma I owned the worked out and saved me a few bucks on buying speaker spacers. Remove door panels - watch you tube videos on this for front speaker replacements on Ford Mavericks.

Next steps require you to know how to solder

The factory front speakers make great speaker spacers that already have the guide pins and the
plug for the speaker harnesses. I removed mine, cut out the cone where the foam outer ring meets the plastic housing. Then cut the two speaker cone wires close to the metal teminals where they are soldered. next - take a pair of wire cutters and from the rear of the speaker - cut the plastic supports that connect the to center of the speaker with magnet to the outer plastic ring - cutting close to this outer ring, You will be left with outer ring of the speaker housing the contains the connector the speaker harness plugs into.

Mount your new 6.5 " speaker - dropping it into the ring where the older speaker guts were. Align it so that from the back - the new speakers speaker wire terminals are aligned with metal terminals of the housing that connect to the harness recepticle thats on the outside of the ring. secure speaker into the original speaker housing with 4 small machine or wood screws (.dont over tighten - use screws no longer that 25 to .50 long).
your new speaker should now be mounted in the housing of the factory front speaker. Now, turn the speaker upside down and solder a small wire from the new speaker terminal to one of the metal speaker recepticle tabs, Repeat for the other new speaker terminal and housing tab.

Your new speaker should now be mounted on the housing of the old factory speaker and your new speakers terminals should be wired to the harness connector on the outside of the original
housing that the speaker harness plugs into. Put factory speaker housing with new speaker back into the door using guidr pins so it positioned the same as when removed. Secure with three original screws and plug speaker harness back in. repeat on other side and enjoy your upgraded speakers!

SPLMAVERICK

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL 2020 Hyundai Elantra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Geez guys I'm at 6 for radio and 10 for Pandora - any more than 12 is loud! :D
Our daughter who's a teen and sits in back says 10 is the max volume. When I'm by myself it's at 18 maybe 20 but it starts to break up a little even with the bass down to almost zero. My little 8 in its custom box I built is by far out performing the stock front speakers. I've replaced the back with 4 x 6 MB Quart 2 way and that made a big difference. Now the rear can keep up with the stock fronts. It's going to take the PB set up to hold me over an amplifier is added to power rhe front and speakers. I have deadening on all 4 of the inside metal door panels and almost completely covered the rear metal under storage bins and a layer on the underside of the acutal bins. I added more today to the rear wall of the cab starting out at the bottom and working my way up. I'm going to try finishing up tomorrow.
Sponsored