2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Door panel removal was easy. The Kickers came with a wiring harness that was plug n play and a speaker adapter that matched the door panel speaker mounting holes. Buy from Crutchfield.
Thanks (PowerBass source noted).
Sponsored

Johnny maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 mav 16 superduty 89 xr7 sc 5spd 84 gt turbo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just an FYI. If you're going to replace the front speakers buy some Dyna mat or something and do the doors. It makes a huge difference. I did the whole truck. Especially the back bed panel. I doubled up on that and upholstered with a feux suede before I installed the amp rack.

GotKT

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm thinking of opening the front passenger door panel, just to try & find a rattle. How difficult is it to remove/replace the panel?

Also, I may replace the door speakers. Might as well, while I have the panel removed. Were the speakers plug & play? I've built home speakers, but never installed or replaced any automotive speakers.
Removing the panel is the easy part. Much harder to put it back; start at the top.
The rattle is in the passenger side door panel.
Stuff something under the plastic joints. I used paper towels. You can also use packing peanuts which are in the speaker packaging from Crutchfield. 💡

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Removing the panel is the easy part. Much harder to put it back; start at the top.
The rattle is in the passenger side door panel.
Stuff something under the plastic joints. I used paper towels. You can also use packing peanuts which are in the speaker packaging from Crutchfield.
💡
Thanks. I plan to use some small pieces of dynamat a friend gave me.

I wouldn't recommend using the packing peanuts that Crutchfield uses for this. Last time I ordered from them, they were using biodegradable/compost-able packing peanuts made from plant material - corn, I believe. They break down and fall apart - especially when they get wet. Tons of youtubes about it.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Do this at a minimum. I'm considering getting back in there and adding another layer. If you don't have the factory cloth damper, definitely add some in that location as well.

This is Amazon basics. I would do a second layer with another product like killmat or siless.

Ford Maverick New Kicker Front Door Speakers PXL_20230204_185655892

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All I did was my front speakers, too. It was easy. My hearing isn't good enough to justify any more. It made a noticeable difference over the stock ones and that was good enough for me.

wax87

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Avalon
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do this at a minimum. I'm considering getting back in there and adding another layer. If you don't have the factory cloth damper, definitely add some in that location as well.

This is Amazon basics. I would do a second layer with another product like killmat or siless.

PXL_20230204_185655892.jpg
I also added O rings to the little white inserts to keep them from rattling.
Ford Maverick New Kicker Front Door Speakers 1711804630462-z7
Sponsored