Sponsored

Replace radiator for $1600?????

Ecorydr

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Jim
Joined
Mar 16, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
288
Reaction score
450
Location
MO (Missery - home to those who voted for it!)
Vehicle(s)
2026 Maverick Lariat AWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL. $1,600? I once put a flex fan through a 1965 Mustang radiator. It leaked so much, it looked like someone peeing. Anyway, one little tube of that powder called Bars Leaks fixed it right up. Didn't have any trouble for the 3 years I had that car. Well, not from the radiator. From the authorities? Perhaps... LOL
My sister had a '68 Cutlass that the fan sheered off the water pump pulley into the radiator creating a 7" hole. Her boyfriend put a can (or two) of stopleak and she too drove that car 3 years problem free and then sold it. LOL! They dont make em like they used to!
Sponsored

 

Suzukiridr14

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Frank
Joined
Oct 30, 2021
Threads
20
Messages
1,649
Reaction score
2,156
Location
Sarasota Florida
Vehicle(s)
1956 THunderbird , 2016 Acura MDX (Wifes car)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
Got stuck with the Mav, error read Powertrain control system has detected a fault in the high voltage system coolant pump. Car was towed to the dealer (Ford Roadside assistance is useless but that is a rant for another day). Dealer sent me a vid of a pinhole in the radiator spraying coolant and states it was caused by road debris and not covered under warranty. Hard to imagine since I was driving on local streets (30mph) but so be it. Then the real news came, $1,600 to fix.

Ridiculous price or am I missing something?
It seems everything is $1000 or more to fix. Lariat windshield, $1300, replace headlight $1600, that's why I bought an ESP from Granger for peace of mind. Hope I never need it.
Sponsored

 
 







Top