First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick xlt hybrid and 2008 mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I waited 13 months (9/21 to 10/22) fro my Maverick. At delivery the MSRP was $1200 mor than when I orderd. Salesman said I would get $1200 check from Ford. Has anyone had this experience and received a check?
Sponsored

Vince30

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Ford Maverick and some motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

No that's not how it works, they give you the truck at cost according to the DORA you signed and then Ford gives them a rebate for the difference.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No that's not how it works, they give you the truck at cost according to the DORA you signed and then Ford gives them a rebate for the difference.
More recently it's not uncommon for dealers to have been charging the current MSRP and then cutting a check when Ford reimburses them the price protection since it's been taking 60-90 days.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Did you sign anything saying this or was it just the dealers word? If you signed something did you get a copy of it?

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
More recently it's not uncommon for dealers to have been charging the current MSRP and then cutting a check when Ford reimburses them the price protection since it's been taking 60-90 days.
Well that aint the way it's supposed to work when your truck comes in you pay the original MSRP that you configured on your truck and then the dealer has to submit a claim for the additional adjusted MSRP on their end to Ford so if you were to pay that up front, you know what they say about a fool his money

Sponsored

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
There's been some post on this forum where some dealers are not honoring Fords price protection. Like they don't want to wait on Ford for their $ or Ford finds a reason not to pay them back. Or maybe some dealers pocket the $. Who knows. Then it's up to the purchaser to pursue getting the $ from Ford - basically your SOL how I read/take that.

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
No. You need to explain to them that Ford reimbursement goes to the ford dealer after the dealer honors the ordered price.

s.ober

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Prius; 1998 Sienna
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the original MSRP price from my order sheet October 26, 2021.
Sponsored