Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I previously discovered that the tailgate handles are interchangeable between our Maverick and the current gen Ranger, which had me thinking maybe the emblems were as well. As it turns out, the emblems are identical in shape and size, but they're not even close as far as being direct replacements unfortunately.

The Maverick emblem is essentially one piece with the bezel molded in, while the Ranger emblem is two separate pieces for the bezel and emblem. I had to modify both emblems heavily to get this to work out but I essentially fitted the Maverick base plate to the Ranger bezel and then attached the Ranger emblem to the bezel. To sum up the differences, the mounting method was different, the location of the mounting points varied, even the Maverick camera would not fit directly into the Ranger base plate. Someone could possibly try getting the Ranger camera and just drilling new holes in the tailgate and maybe avoid making a hybrid emblem as I've done, but I didn't want to keep guessing and decided to just work with what I had.

I had planned on this being a simple swap and was going to document the proces, but once I realized how different the emblems were it became pretty ugly. So that's why I didn't bother to document much of this as I don't suspect most would want to dissect two perfectly good emblems to achieve this look, but if anyone has questions I can do my best to help answer them. I'd venture to guess we'll likely see a new Maverick variant or black apperance package that will have the proper emblems. I'd suggest waiting it out for an easier solution.

Something else I noticed is that the tailgate emblem is nearly identical in size to the grille emblem, so I ordered one of those and will find a way to make it work so my emblems match front and back.

Finished product.
View attachment 24805

To remove the rear emblem, just remove the tailgate panel, (8) T20 torx.
View attachment 24799

Once you have access to the emblem, there are(2) 10mm to remove.
View attachment 24800 View attachment 24801

There's a small clip on the top of the emblem. I left the camera attached so the emblem wouldn't drop out upon removal. Once you release the emblem, you can disconnect the camera.
View attachment 24802

OEM Maverick emblem disassembled.
View attachment 24803

My creation ready to install.
View attachment 24804

before & after
View attachment 24809

When researching these emblems, I found out that you cannot purchase the gloss black bezel separately, the part does not seem to exist with Ford. So I had to purchase the entire kit for ~$120; which includes rear bezel, rear emblem and front grille emblem. I knew the grille emblem would not work so that's currently on eBay, may be able to recoup some of my initial expenses if someone's just looking for a Ranger grille emblem. Not to mention, the rear emblem alone is ~$70, sans bezel.
View attachment 24811
View attachment 24810
I was looking at the rear emblem this morning. I did pop the panel on the tailgate off to see how it was attached. My Maverick is Alto Blue, which is pretty dark. I am OK with the flat black of the trim but don't like the huge bright chrome trim ring behind the emblem smack in the middle of the tailgate. I am thinking of either doing a flat black wrap on the trim ring... or I might even paint it and keep the emblem as is. I don't mind a little chrome. The "vents" behind the hood that say XLT have chrome lettering. I also ordered some flat black letters to fill the spaces on the tail gate... but I need to do something with the big chrome bezel. Great information. Good to know the bezel and emblem between the Ranger and Maverick are different.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
I'm seeing a pattern here with a lot of these mods you keep somehow executing to perfection. They're often just involved enough so folks like me won't run out and copy you :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, that emblem looks fantastic. I also hope we see a blackout package so lazy people like me can get an OEM black emblem. I've done the whole painted emblem game, both painting myself and professionally, they just never last. OEM replacement or even just plastidip is the way to go here.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, removing that chrome awd badge and adding some gloss black tailgate letters would finish off that tailgate if it were mine, just sayin....🤔

Ralli

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice work. I was going to attempt the same thing in the spring and had found the following for part numbers on the Ranger emblem (not that it helps you now)

2010-2020 Ford Housing - Ford (AL3Z-19H511-A)
CL3Z-9942528-B

Also sold in a kit.

Do you happen to know the part number for the Maverick rear emblem? Would rather order the correct one. Thx

Reactions: JJC

Sponsored

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah another good mod I will end up doing after I get mine

Is the Stock emblem one piece or can the two colors be separated like the F150 ones can (I've seen plenty taken apart for paint, but never did it myself)

I have to get rid of all the chrome so I wasn't sure if I would just repaint them or use one from another vehicle

It's tough when I idon't have the truck to look at..... everything will be all figured out by the time I have mine.... which I guess could also be a good thing

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Yeah another good mod I will end up doing after I get mine

Is the Stock emblem one piece or can the two colors be separated like the F150 ones can (I've seen plenty taken apart for paint, but never did it myself)

I have to get rid of all the chrome so I wasn't sure if I would just repaint them or use one from another vehicle

It's tough when I idon't have the truck to look at..... everything will be all figured out by the time I have mine.... which I guess could also be a good thing
It is two separate pieces.. the emblem sits in the chrome bezel.

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It is two separate pieces.. the emblem sits in the chrome bezel.
I'm talking about the emblem itself
Like can the blue and chrome script be taken apart

Older model F150s had one piece emblems that were painted or coated or something whereas newer ones came as two piece

I've not been able to see one up close for long enough to look... though looking at the Ranger emblems they do appear to be the multipiece variety
So I'll assume the Maverick is the same (or not since it is a cheaper build)

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

SIck.... I guess I'll be painting mine one day next year, lol

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Maverick emblem has the "bezel" molded in with the Ford emblem as just one piece. They cannot be separated. Only the blue can be separated from the chrome. The Maverick also has this baseplate which I've separated here and you can see the rest of the bezel/emblem is molded together as one piece.
IMG_6741.jpg
Maybe that number there on the "baseplate" as you call it, is the part number for the emblem. You said you had to seperate those, maybe they come together as one from Ford so part number to search for would be NZ6B-19H250-AC

No clue, just throwing out there.

Sponsored

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just to clarify, the Maverick emblem is two pieces but not in the same way that the Ranger emblem is two pieces.

Ranger tailgate emblem and bezel, the bezel is completely separate.
ranger.jpg

The Maverick emblem has the "bezel" molded in with the Ford emblem as just one piece. They cannot be separated. Only the blue can be separated from the chrome. The Maverick also has this baseplate which I've separated here and you can see the rest of the bezel/emblem is molded together as one piece.
IMG_6741.jpg

This is ultimately what complicated the install as I had to fit the Maverick baseplate to what I had left of the Ranger bezel after cutting a ton of material away. Here's the Maverick baseplate attached the Ranger bezel & emblem.
IMG_6751 (Large).jpg

IMG_6752 (Large).jpg
I looked at a break down showing someone removing the emblem from the tailgate on a Ranger. https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/how-to-paint-ford-tailgate-emblem.5762/ One difference looks like the Ranger emblem attaches to the front of the tailgate and the Maverick attaches from inside the tailgate. Maybe we need to look at the emblem from a different product line... maybe a SUV has one one that attaches the same way. I don't know, I'm just tossing stuff at the wall. Could be a part just for the Maverick. That gets me back to painting or wrapping what I have.

snowcatxx87

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / Tiger 900RP / 300cc Grom / Surron
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The OEM black badges are the best looking.

Love the OEM+ look you’re going for, with quality parts.

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Until Ford comes out with a Maverick black out kit, I am going to temp my own. Remove the bezel and badge. Wrap all the chrome pieces in matte black vinyl wrap. Install Etsy OEM appearing black badge decal over blue oval. I chose matte black so it appeared more like all the black that's already on the truck.

I also have matte black EcoBoost emblem (in the same spot the Hybrid logo goes) and a matte black AWD logo I have had custom made using the same FX4 font. And black FX4 decals.

Ford Maverick - icm_fullxfull.401797308_sq16vaktdq8w4s004ccs

But I prefer the OEM look. So when the kit comes out, I will swap out for that.

JJC, keep cranking them out. Excellent work. Austin sure is representing on the Maverick modification scene!

Last edited:

Adamwayne

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 19 Honda Monkey, 2008 HD FXDC
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took a short cut and added the black and gold decal overlay. trying to decide if I want to paint it long term.

Ford Maverick - E65802B9-2670-4903-82DA-9E09F3F1F2D5