Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Colorado, 2023 Maverick Carbonized Grey XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Just wondering if anyone knows what criteria is used to display the stations available to chose as presets? Half the stations that display don't have reception and stations I know have reception don't display. I thought only stations with signals being received would show - apparently that's not the case. Also, is there a way to set a station that I manually enter can be set as a preset?

2030 XLT EB - no Synch - I've tried a soft reset but it didn't help.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm pretty sure you just tune into the station you want and press and hold the preset button and it'll save there.
I think he also needs help removing bad/bogus presets. wife has same issue with her Escape, I forget her resolution.
think her grandson fixed it :ROFLMAO:

VBMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theveteranscheck.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Chevy Sonic; 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm pretty sure your problem is that you and your Maverick are from the future! :ROFLMAO: Maybe you just have to think what station you want the preset to be.

As for us current model owners, it is what the previous poster said - tune manually to the station you want, press and hold the preset button you want to use, and that will be that.

OP
OP

jmrlab

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Colorado, 2023 Maverick Carbonized Grey XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm pretty sure your problem is that you and your Maverick are from the future! :ROFLMAO: Maybe you just have to think what station you want the preset to be.

As for us current model owners, it is what the previous poster said - tune manually to the station you want, press and hold the preset button you want to use, and that will be that.
Fluxcapacitor's broken ... fat fingers also broken. Although, I would appreciate knowing how to clear out the bogus presets - hard reset rather than soft?

thanks ya'll

Sponsored

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I believe there is three pages of presets available but I only have enough saved for two so I only have two displayable. ( if that's a word). Not in my truck now so I'm not sure how to do that exactly.

Ozarkbeard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 XL CP360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

...I would appreciate knowing how to clear out the bogus presets - hard reset rather than soft?
Uh, tune to an unused radio frequency in your area and hold the preset button to store it. The preset button will still be there, but won't tune to an unwanted station. AFAIK, there's no way to get rid of the actual unused preset buttons.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You can go into your settings and choose how many presents are available. I think it allows up to six pages or 30 presets. I don't have satellite in mine so I turned it down to only two "pages" of presets. That gave me all the stations I wanted plus one extra so I just set the last one to a random station with reception so I could scroll the presets on the steering wheel buttons without hitting static.

Gpp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

At least you guys can find decent radio stations to want to listen to and have this problem.

CalCWORet

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Lariat Luxury w/CP360 & CP360A
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

You can go into your settings and choose how many presents are available. I think it allows up to six pages or 30 presets.
Oh? I didn't know that! I only have 2 pages of presets and had to carefully chose which terrestrial & satellite stations I wanted because there weren't enough preset buttons. Guess I have some research to do! Thanks!

Sponsored

BoskoPColtrane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bosko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just wondering if anyone knows what criteria is used to display the stations available to chose as presets? Half the stations that display don't have reception and stations I know have reception don't display. I thought only stations with signals being received would show - apparently that's not the case. Also, is there a way to set a station that I manually enter can be set as a preset?

As stated…you just tune into the station then press and hold the button on that preset until it registers. I this is the common on about 100% of cars for the past several years.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

You can set the presets to whatever you want. Just tune to a station and tap and hold the preset button until it confirms your change on screen. You can use the same preset multiple times if you'd prefer. As others have noted, you should be able to go into Settings on the touchscreen and choose the number of preset screens.

To scroll through all stations with reception, press the forward/back seek buttons below the touchscreen.

To scroll through presets in order, use the seek buttons on the right side of the steering wheel.

Bubba

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Speaking of presets. Is there a button to jump from preset to preset? Pushing the left/right tune buttons takes me to the next station. Not the next preset.

Ridingorange23

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carolyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Subaru outback’s
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe there is three pages of presets available but I only have enough saved for two so I only have two displayable. ( if that's a word). Not in my truck now so I'm not sure how to do that exactly.
In my Subaru there are 3 pages of presets but only two in my Maverick. That’s disappointing to me. Also when looking for stations to program in my Maverick it wouldn’t show them all and if I hadn’t already known about them from having satellite radio in my car I wouldn’t know they existed to do direct tuning.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Fluxcapacitor's broken ... fat fingers also broken. Although, I would appreciate knowing how to clear out the bogus presets - hard reset rather than soft?

thanks ya'll
Think you just can change them. Not zero them out.
Sponsored